[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how badass are they actually?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

so how badass are they actually?
>>
about the same as any other socom dudes considering they are often deployed with said socom dudes as part of a unit. i guess they could be the "socom guy with some fat ass radio" or some shit. while in the job description the copy writers put some shit about establishing air strips it's not something they really need to do too often

if you need an air traffic controller they are trained for that too
>>
>>31840586
that's what I figured, they roll with delta/seals as attached elements and stack aicraft in their AO and direct fire missions
>>
>>31840558
Is that what they call a "weather parachutist"?

I hear clouds are pretty damn cold to pass through.
>>
>>31840629
apparently a completely different thing.

I have no idea what these dudes do
>>
>>31840639
They predict the weather on the LZ or DZ prior to the direct action guys getting there. So that means they ninja their way in and hide while taking weather readings. Important, but not any glory.
>be SOWT circa 2011/2012
>HALO into Pakistan
>set up weather station and make it invisible
>tell SEALs perfect raid weather sis in three days
>wait three days watching target location
>Watch SEALs hit the Bin Laden compound
>exfil on my own
>stand off to the side while SEALs celebrate killing Osama
>I am looked for, but I am unseen. I am listened for but am unheard, I am felt for bit I cannot be touched. Such is the life of Special Operations Weathermen.
>>
>>31840663
Its 2016, are you telling me they can't predict weather with all the high-techs satellites and shit?
>>
>>31840692
SOWT is kind of like live weather updates and shit
before-during-after reading the data
>>
>>31840729
Imagine the cubic ton of shit they must be getting from the rest of SOF community
>>
>>31840733
>secret squirrel weatherman
I can already imagine the memes.
>>
>>31840733
they're the forgotten guys of socom
honestly since you have drones you kind of don't need them in the field anymore when fighting hajis. they have drones flying around and they act as the weather stations and some dude in a shack reads the data or tells you what's going on. like with COP keating the drones far off were getting iced and it was OI M8 IT'S BLUDDY COLD AND IT'S COMING RIGHT AT YOU, GOOD BYE AIR SUPPORT
maybe if you're fighting people with radar they'll be needed once more
>>
>>31840790
>they're the forgotten guys of socom

shouldn't that be marsoc?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.