[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Walther Handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

What are your guys' thoughts on the new Walther Creed pistol. Seems like the selling point is nice, after my P-22 however I am shady on Walther reliability.
>>
>>31839276
Looks more like a CCP.
A CCP is a weird gun; wonder if they get hot.

Creed used to be a band in the 90's. That's really all I got for you.
>>
>>31839276

I'm not liking these new philosophy fan clubs that gun companies are doing. Seems like it's going to lead to more brand whoring.

Sig has the Legion
Walther now has the Creed
Springfield has Saint, whatever that's going to be
>>
P22 is made by Umarex, who also licenses the Walther brand for shit like airsoft and bb guns, so it's not a good indicator of the brand as a whole.
>>
>>31839276
Nice that they finally realized that grip/trigger safeties are objectively shit.
>>
>>31839370
I'll never understand the hate for them. For one they're ambi. They're just as easy to reach and use. I don't even notice which I'm using, a button or lever, when I shoot my guns. It makes no difference.
>>
New grip looks much better, haven't held one yet though.
>>
>>31839276

Seriously thought that was a hi point at first.
>>
>>31839476
There's something wrong with yer doggone eyes.

>that distinctive slant-bulge at the bottom of the grip
...but the /k/ube forgives you. Thine heart is pure.
>>
The marketing write-up is nauseating. It isn't Sig Legion bad though.
>>
>>31839347
>>31839602

Once again, /k/ is too autistic to get it. This is a reboot of the now discontinued PPX. It's intended as a budget pistol, not an "elite operators club" pistol. The MSRP is $399. That means regular prices will hover around $350, and it could go on sale for as low as $300. The main difference between this and the PPX appears to be that the slide has been redesigned to look more like the attractive PPQ.
>>
>>31839276
>after my P-22 however

Those are Umarex guns, not Walther guns.
>>
>>31839347
It should've been the P33 and P33N for nickel, or the PPR.

>>31839513
kys

>>31840757
>discontinued PPX
nope

Look at Walther's website. While the name is fucking horrible and the gun looks like shit its identical to the PPX in damn near every way other than aesthetics; this one is much more smoother in the slide and frame area. The MSRP is $399 so expect them around $300-350 just like the PPX. The Creed is to the PPX what the P99 QA is to the PPQ. Functionally pretty much the same gun, same magazines, some ergos really, but this one is more smoothed out and rounded on the edges for carry. Another reason it has the worst name in firearms history is also probably linked to the fact its so cheap, as poor people are often stupid and make stupid emotion-based decisions likes buying a gun with a "cool name"
>>
Doesn't this gun use the 3-piece barrel like the PPX? I'll pass.

Why can't walther just continue with the PPQ platform and develop a compact or subcompact version of the PPQ? The PPQ is the best thing that has come out of Walther in recent years they just need to market it better and continue developing it.

Also want to comment and say I don't really like the grips on these new walthers. I don't care for subtle finger grooves as it still feels weird when I grip them and would have preferred the straight grips of a p99 with just a rougher stippling job.
>>
>>31841091
I can't stand the middle of backstrap hump that Walther uses on their polymer guns and HK has started to use on new guns. Ruins the PPQ for me, just feels like those arch support insoles for shoes. There's something pressing into a part of my hand where I don't want to feel pressure.. Other than that, the PPQ is a wonderful gun.
>>
>>31839476
Same kek
>>
>>31840865
You wrote all of that shit to not actually disagree while arguing semantics.
>>
>>31841158
You know you can swap those out right....
>>
My understanding is the Creed is just a slightly improved PPX, which was by all accounts a very good, inexpensive gun.

>>31839358
>>31840840
These. For new Walthers only buy the real ones made at Ulm.

>>31841091
The PPQ is the best thing Walther has going. But Walther doesnt have their own paid shills to counter the "trigger is dangerously too light" and "full cocked strikers are a safety hazard" crap you see on forums.
>>
>>31839276
Walther made the P99 first gen which was one of the most aesthetic gun ever made. The second gen already was a step in the wrong direction. And now, new Walthers look like fucking HiPoints! What's wrong with Walther's designers?
>>
>>31840865
the ppx is discontinued

>>31844166
this is suppose to be Ulm. although i dont see anthers on their website
>>
>a pre-cocked double-action trigger system
So is it DOA? Single action with long trigger pull?
>>
File: range_day.jpg (661KB, 1000x1432px) Image search: [Google]
range_day.jpg
661KB, 1000x1432px
>>31839332
>A CCP is a weird gun; wonder if they get hot.
The frame does get hot, but only the front by the rail. My trigger finger gets blasted with soot, too.
>>
File: 1451930378221.jpg (790KB, 2943x2155px) Image search: [Google]
1451930378221.jpg
790KB, 2943x2155px
>>31839276
>Button mag release
>>
>>31840865
>>discontinued PPX
>nope
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It *is* discontinued. Do you disagree that the Core is basically the same gun?
>>
>>31843511
For a smaller hump. But not for a flat backstrap like the USP, or even a flat backstrap with a bit of a contour like the CZ 75
>>
>>31845476
I blame the trend towards forward serrations, and Walther insisting on using that fisher price font for their giant logo.
>>
>>31846181
>Autism rapper picture
>>
File: trigger feel hk lem.png (139KB, 1512x2176px) Image search: [Google]
trigger feel hk lem.png
139KB, 1512x2176px
>>31846136
It's like the H&K LEM trigger - see this infographic - but it has a shorter overall travel distance and a slightly less crisp break than the LEM (but still a pretty clean break, and could be better with some polishing). The PPX has a very nice trigger and I personally prefer it slightly to the PPQ's trigger. The PPQ's trigger has a slightly crisper break, but I don't like its uneven pre-travel, which feels mushy and Glock-like.

I owned a PPX briefly back when I thought I needed a cheap 9mm to stash in my truck, but sold it when I realized how poorly designed the barrel is (the feed ramp is literally a separate part, welded onto the barrel hood and barrel), and how fragile and non-servicable some of the internal parts seemed. Personally, I wish they'd use the PPX trigger in one of their higher end pistols.
>>
>>31846163
Cool. Have you had any issues with function or ammo selection for it?
>>
>>31839276
Fucking Walther, why can't they give people what they're actually asking for and release a PPS with the trigger of the PPQ? Is that so much to ask for?
>>
>>31839332
I remember when people were trying to claim that creed was a 'christian' band. Lol, then that sex tape leaked of scott staph getting a blowjob from a groupie on his tour bus.
>>
Walther couldn't market free sex with supermodels.

Umarex puts out shit while Ulm puts out quality. It's like they can't decide if they want to be like H&K or Hi Point.

At least the magazines are backwards compatible unlike PPQs and PPSs.
>>
>>31846285

Agreed on the PPX trigger being really nice for a DAO hammer fired trigger and it should appear in a higher end model.

That 3-piece barrel is a hit or miss. People have reported no problems in over 2000 rounds or people have reported the feed ramp coming slightly loose and could wiggle.
>>
File: RageFace.png (16KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
RageFace.png
16KB, 300x309px
WHY THE FUCK CANT ANYBODY MAKE A PISTOL WITH SOME AESTHETICS ANYMORE?
THEY ALL LOOK LIKE MORPHED GLOCKS OR CLONES OF SHIT THEYVE ALREADY MADE
>>
>>31845476
The PPQ isn't bad. The grip both looks and feels better than the P99. But everything else is a far cry from the pure sex aesthetics of the PPK.

>>31845948
Which makes sense given that the PPX was an Ulm gun.

>>31848050
Because all the gun rags wrote about how the PPQ trigger was dangerously light and shouldn't be carried. Gun rags sell guns, hence how Taurus is still in business and how the XD series still sells.

>>31848878
If Walther could just figure out that all they need to do is pay some big name instructor to talk about how the PPQ is the best pistol on the market. Fucking Larry Vickers pretty much said that on m4c until he remembered that H&K pays for his Snicker bars and started saying he doesn't shoot one and won't unless Walther sponsors him.
>>
>>31847908
It gets dirty fast. I'll shoot about 150 rounds each time I go out. Between the 100 and 150 round mark, I've had a couple failure to feeds (blazer/lawman FMJ).

Freshly cleaned, it shot 40 hollow points (20 124gr HST and 20 147gr hydra-shok) flawlessly. Haven't had any other issues with it.
>>
>>31850647
They are?
>>
File: MAGA_Walther.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA_Walther.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
>>31850650
Walther needs to focus on their US marketing in general. They really ride on the coat tails of their name and what people use to associate with them. If they started full time production of the PPK and PPK/S that would be a terrific start since that's their most popular gun and they only make it twice a year in batches.

Focus on advertising, or like you said, sell the fuck out of the PPQ. MAC also said that it was the best polymer striker gun and we know he loves his shekels.

Then, reopen up long arms production and revamp some of their older designs. There's no reason with today's technology that they don't produce a WA2000 for under $2k. It'd also be easy to get intothe AR15 market and it would be cool as fuck to see a modern MPL.

Then their original DA/SA designs which is what got them famous. Why don't they still make P.38's and P88's and P5's and PP Supers? At the very least they could do some limited edition stuff and sell at a higher price to try to cover the gap of the initial cost. If Walther just manned up and did a mass expansion like that and just market the fuck out of it in the US they have a shit ton of potential. We need to make Walther great again.
>>
>>31851223
As I recall the PPK line would need to be made domestically. And for long arms that makes more sense as you avoid the ridiculous US import/German export restrictions.

The half assed marketing really needs improvement too. The original PPS should have been THE small carry 9 but they delayed marketing until everybody and their brother had one on the market.
Though to be fair that could have been due to Smith & Wesson.
>>
>>31851595
The PPK would be, yes, but the PPK/S and PP would be fine. No reason they don't open up production here.
>>
>>31851979
Given part similarities it would probably be more economical to do the entire PP series in one facility stateside. Rumor was they're looking into it.
>>
File: fags.jpg (131KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
131KB, 1440x1080px
Nice name for a gun.
Who even buys modern Walthers?
>>
>>31839391
>I'll never understand the hate for them
People hate them because there is literally no reason to have them on pretty much any other striker fired pistol than the Glock (which really just has it for cosmetic reasons as without it the trigger moves back when you pull the slide back). Trigger "safeties" do nothing other than potentially cause problems if you don't have your finger on the trigger right, I've had times where I managed to put my finger to far up on the trigger and failed to actuate it on some guns. The demand for trigger "safeties" is yet another example of how fucking stupid gun owners in general are that they would think something like that makes a gun better.
>>
>>31839276
Looks neat, and seems like it resolves my only two gripes with the PPQ: the enormous trigger guard (nice if you're wearing gloves but have to be really careful keeping your finger straight and off the trigger while reloading fast) and the massive ambi slide catch (which has often kept the slide from locking to the rear when I'm shooting fast)
>>
File: IMG_20161030_132418.jpg (1018KB, 2154x3255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161030_132418.jpg
1018KB, 2154x3255px
>>31841091
>3 piece barrel.
I've no idea what you're talking about. Whole gun cones apart into 4. Main bits. Just like a Glock, and I presume many other pistols.

Ask a man who bought a PPX by accident anything. I'll try to answer what I can.
>>
>>31852518
>bought a PPX by accident
How?
>>
WITH (fire)ARMS WIDE OPEN
>>
>2016
>buying a Walther not made in Ulm

ISHIGGYDIGGY
>>
>>31852767
Buying first pistol. Didn't really know the difference between PPX, and PPQ. (I know they're hugely different sizes now. But there's two versions of PPQ,and I really didn't know better).
PPX was on sale for dirt cheap, st least in canuckistan. Store had some unusually small labels. Like... I can't read em from more than a foot away. And I don't wear glasses.

I can tell you now that I know better. And I don't regret the fuck up. For shooting at range, the pistol is pretty fun. Damn bulky for a 9mm. But we can't carry here anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0312.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>31839276
Rather than make a new thread, I'll ask here;
Does anyone know where I can find one of these sexy LDI BA-6 lasers for my first-gen P99? I can't find one anywhere.
>>
>>31853440
The PPQ is a fully cocked striker fired handgun. It's less bulky and has interchangeable back straps. It's Walther's flagship gun.

The PPX/Creed is hammer fired. They call it DAO but it's more like the H&K LEM trigger in that it's partially cocked. It's bulkier due to the design. It's their budget duty sized gun.
>>
>>31851155
Makes sense.
thanks for the info
>>
>>31852253
Thanks for the response, just realized I misread what I had been responding too. I thought they meant the trigger guard mag release. I don't understand why people dislike those. Trigger safeties don't bother me though but they seem kind of unnecessary.
>>
File: Walther.png (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Walther.png
756KB, 1920x1080px
6.5lb trigger pull is light now?
Does this gun even do anything innovative or different? Is it just PPQ m3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUtbTseYPg
>>
File: 1477361953638.jpg (53KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1477361953638.jpg
53KB, 640x478px
>>31851221
how hard wold it be to make something with the curves and design like this but out of plastic? Not everything has to be a block
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.