[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Air Force Pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Who's dick do I have to suck to become a pilot around here?

How do you become a pilot in the Air Force? I'm about to graduate college as an undergrad with an almost perfect gpa. I really don't care what I'd pilot --I just want to pilot something.
>>
>>31838357
Contact an officer recruiter.
>>
>>31838357

You have to join the air force, for starters.
>>
>>31838357
OTS commissions almost get way fewer rated slots than ROTC or Academy. Talk to a recruiter, let him talk you out of it, then ask about enlisting for Army aviation.
>>
>>31838371
>>31838396
Yeah thanks. Becoming an officer doesn't guarantee you a shot at flight school, right? How can I improve my odds of going?
>>
>>31838419
>almost
always*
>>
>>31838423
You go to flight school, if you pass depending on your skill and luck, you get funneled towards your specialization (fighter, transport, rotatory wing, etc). If you fail out you will probably be reclassed as a maintenance officer or something.
>>
Get a private pilot's license and get some flying hours. Helps a ton with your PCSM score.
>>
>>31838419
What's army aviation like? You're saying you can enlist for that?
>>
File: scaled_USAFAseal.jpg (77KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
scaled_USAFAseal.jpg
77KB, 500x384px
>>31838357
Feels good, man
>>
>>31838515
you can't enlist as an army aviator.
>>
>>31838357
- be smart
- be fit
- have good eyes
- be a manlet

previous aviation experience is a plus. You'll probably have to go to college first. You could have everything and still get forced into a drone or bomber pilot.
>>
>>31838530
How do you get into the warrant officer program then?
>>
>>31838515
Army Officers don't fly much, if at all. Helo pilots are pretty much exclusively warrants. You can still enlist with a college degree, and your recruiter can give you some kind of deal on rank advancement due to your credits. You can't be given Aviation straight out of boot though, because you won't be a Warrant yet, so you'd have to work hard for a couple years and make sure you get noticed, cozy up with your commanders and shit. Not the best option, but for you that boat's probably sailed a while ago. Like I said, for the Air Force, a certain number of pilot slots are given out each fiscal year, and it's mostly to the Academy, some to ROTC, and fuck-all to OTS, which means you'd need to find three more years of school to fuck around with while you do ROTC, if the cadre there would even let you join. On top of that, it's important to remember that it's really fucking hard to get a pilot slot, and it's really fucking hard to keep it. Little medical transgressions can disqualify you at the drop of a hat. You also have to take a couple tests, and that's down to you to do, and only one of them is academic. The other one is pure reflexes and hand-eye-foot coordination.
>>
>>31838530

Then whats Street to Seat?
>>
>>31838601
you create a packet, go to several boards and if you're lucky get selected as a dirty street to seater. or your dad is a W4
>>
>>31838628
I wouldn't call creating an application packet, getting LoR, and going to several boards "enlisting"
>>
File: 1464387105318.jpg (1003KB, 3925x2610px) Image search: [Google]
1464387105318.jpg
1003KB, 3925x2610px
>>31838564

6'1", you can have it all
>>
>>31838564
>be smart
eh. Be good at what they tell you to do.
>be fit
yes.
>have good eyes
good enough. If you can get the surgery and/or they're not that bad, you can go to pilot training anyways.
>be a manlet
actually no. Ejection seats have a more restrictive minimum weight than maximum. The minimum height isn't that short (like 5'4" or 5'5" iirc), and the maximum is pretty damn tall (6'6"+ idk). Each plane has a different requirement, but it's usually 140lb or more. And the planes that don't have ejection seats are plenty big for non-manlets to fit in.
>>
>>31838651
What does this packet consist of?
>>
Become a naval aviator instead. Real men land on ships.
>>
>>31838813
>Implying landing on ships is even a real challenge with the new MAGIC CARPET and Delta Flight Path software on the Super Hornet and F-35
>>
>>31838813
Haven't seen you for a while, anon - how's shit?
>>
Aight so I've wanted to join the USAF since I was 6 so lets see if I'm gonna leave the recruiting office happy or holding a guide on how to tie a noose.
>6'1
>235 (working on it)
>20/1600 vision uncorrected 20/20 corrected
>85-90 (somewhere in that range iirc) ASVAB
>Dropped out but got 180+ on all GED tests
>ADD(big worry here, my friend got disqualified for it and I'm terrified it'll happen to me)
>did a bit of CAP, looking to start up again as part of my prepper training
>formerly depressed with anxiety (but I can blame that on my dad dying)
Anything else I can do to bolster my chances? How likely am I to get in now? Any and all advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>31841190
Oh and my dad was a CW3 so will that do anything for me?
>>
>>31841190
Are you currently taking anything for the ADD which you need constantly?
If so you're kinda fucked
>>
>>31838813
>Never have a crosswind
>never have to flare
>four fucking wires
I can't think of anything easier than that desu.
>>
>>31841190
I'm all of those things, except not diagnosed with any sort of disorder on record.

Good luck lol, I just barely squeaked onto a fixed wing.
>>
>>31841190

Any eye trouble? Colorblindness or any eye surgeries?
>>
Air Force 11FXs are Chads, /k/

I thought you hated Chads.

Are you sure Air Force enlisted isn't the better route for you?
>>
>>31841731
someone listens to dos gringos
>>
>>31841869
Actual AF enlisted here who has worked closely with two squadrons of Viper pilots. They aren't Chads barring the rare ZSSG, most all of them were very courteous and respectful professionals, and a number of them were secretly major nerds.
>>
>>31838602
That's false as fuck I'm an XO and I fly as much as any warrant
>>
OP, because of this >>31838419, you may want to also look into being a Combat Systems Operator. CSOs are F-15E WSOs, B-1B defensive and offensive systems officers, navigators and ECM systems operators in many more types of aircraft.
>>
>>31841399
I'm on two add meds but I'm not dependent on them to function
>>31841811 Other than my shit vision luckily no other eye problems.

If Im not qualified for actual combat roles could I still serve in the cybersecurity or more "chair force" fields?
>>
>>31841190
If you can handle yourself without your ADD you should be fine. I'm waiting to go to boot camp and I told my recruiters before any papers were signed that I have ADHD but I'm fine without my meds, and at the time hadn't been taking them in 4 months. If you can, stop taking your meds and give yourself a few months before enlisting. When I left the recruiting station on the first day (I hadn't decided to enlist yet), I just happened to not have ADHD anymore ;^)
>>
>>31840786
Magic carpet hasn't made it to super hornets quite yet. Pretty soon though.

>>31840793
I have been around, just posting anon though.

>>31841731
Very small crosswind component, but the ship is moving away from you, and there's sometimes a burble to deal with. not all the ships have 4 wires either.
>>
>>31842200
thats bullshit you fucking liar.
>>
>>31842200
you might have the same minimums as warrants but there is no way you're flying the as often as warrants. unless your company is severely short of pilots.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.