[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ gun projects, what are you currently working on? >pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20161028_194630.jpg (463KB, 1441x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161028_194630.jpg
463KB, 1441x1070px
/k/ gun projects, what are you currently working on?

>pic related
>>
File: SKS1.jpg (4MB, 2000x2115px) Image search: [Google]
SKS1.jpg
4MB, 2000x2115px
>>31838063
ive been there. pic related, before and after of my sks that was literally dipped in cosmo.
>current gun project
buying more guns.
>>
>>31838087

I like how your stock turned out. Did you do anything special with the wood?
>>
>>31838063
just a boring ar

>i fear for your carpet
>>
Have multiple, its almost as bad as my anime backlog
>>
>>31838109
nope, thats just what was left over of the shellac it had in a previous life.
>>
I have a couple ARs in various states of completion. Most I have the parts for, just not built.

I have all the parts for a .45ACP Mauser conversation and the receiver from a completely beaten rifle to make it on. Plan is to make a form 1 DeLisile knock-off in the end.

Also have AK47 and 74 kits with already made receivers that I haven't started yet. I'd need some more tools for that, though.

These are my election panic projects Incase the normal market goes crazy.
>>
File: SKS_refinish_summery.jpg (2MB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
SKS_refinish_summery.jpg
2MB, 1920x4320px
I did that a couple of years ago. I took it a step further and I refinished the stock completely.
>>
I have a couple kits i need to do still... Where get a fairly priced metric fal receiver?
>>
>>31838087
nice
>>
>>31838224
thats a very chinese looking color for that stock, looks good
>>
File: DSCF2067.jpg (507KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2067.jpg
507KB, 1000x667px
Trying to clean up grandpa's rifle, which sat in a closet for 50 years.

It's in surprisingly good shape, but I can't figure out how to get the fucking barrel off to clean it. (You're supposed to unscrew the cocking tube, but mine won't budge, and stuff online has conflicting info on how you're supposed to do it, plus mine seems to have some aftermarket stuff that might be causing issues. It might just be sticky but I'm afraid to brute force it.)

Pic related, the endcap is supposed to be flat with a screwdriver slot, but mine has some crazy 1950s QD sling setup on it.
>>
>>31839429
It is a Chinese SKS. Sino-Soviet, 1956.
>>
well I have a frankenstein chinese SKS that doesn't cycle at all. the bolt comes back about 1 1/4 inches after firing, and just closes on the fired case. the rifle is definitely heavily modified, I bought it from the wife of a late family member, and I think the previous owner before him built it with extra parts, if not that, it's still very obviously someone's pet project. it has an aftermarket black plastic stock, and an American-made bolt assembly.

I've replaced the entire gas system, which I thought was the problem initially, but it didn't help. I then lubed the chamber and tried brass cases, and it also didn't help. I found a friend with another chinese SKS, and put his bolt in my gun in case the aftermarket bolt was the problem, but that didn't help either.

at this point there's nothing else that makes sense. if it isn't the gas system or the bolt what the hell else could be wrong? I can accept that it's been irredeemably fucked, but I sure wish I knew how it got that way.
>>
File: 20161029_031153~01.jpg (1MB, 2448x2155px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_031153~01.jpg
1MB, 2448x2155px
>>31838224
I remember you! You told me how to refinish mine. Here's the finished product. It's much redder than it looks in the picture.
>>
File: 20161029_025128.jpg (2MB, 1797x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_025128.jpg
2MB, 1797x1440px
Honestly nothing atm. Just put new night sights on my Glock 23 so I guess my project is shooting it?
>>
Right now, nothing, but I have my eyes on a Galil kit. Might get by Thanksgiving.
>>
>>31838063
Keep it up /k/omrade.
>>
Are parts kits still worth it? I was looking at getting a fal and if i'm estimating right then it should be about 1200-1300 for the kit, reciever, and the special tooling. Is that about right?
>>
I just finished putting an Apex trigger in my M&P about a week ago. Right now i have no real project. Im thinking about getting into reloading though which will consume my time most likely
>>
File: M16A1.jpg (201KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
M16A1.jpg
201KB, 1024x768px
I'm looking for a project right now, actually. I really want to build an M16A1, but I'm a poorfag and the only parts kit I can find is $700 (- barrel and lower). So I don't really know. I might settle for an A2 build, but even that's fucking expensive. Hell, even the AK builds I want to do are slightly out of my budget.
>>
File: oxJHP8T.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
oxJHP8T.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Wish I took a before pic, it was pretty bad.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.