[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thigh holsters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 173235_ts.jpg (126KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
173235_ts.jpg
126KB, 1155x1155px
Alright /k/. I'm 18 and just got my first handgun, I can only open carry legally and I hate the feeling of my bulldog holster because it almost falls off and is uncomfortable as hell.what are your thoughts on thigh holsters? Too tacticool? Post your open carry setup and gimme so recommendations
>>
>>31837581
>Under 21 years old
>owns a handgun
Enjoy your stay in jail
>>
>>31838034
> What is a private sale or gift
Kill yourself noguns
>>
>>31837581
>drop leg
No. Get a chest rig and some plates, mount a holster on your chest, and wear it around town.
>>
>>31837581

If you want a thigh holster go with it, but the only reason they exist is in the case that your waist and belt is covered with other equipment.
>>
>>31837581
I'm bumping for potential interest in this thread. I've been looking for an OC holster that won't bunch up my jacket at my waist.
>>
>>31837581

>bulldog holster
There's your problem, buy a kydex holster like everyone else these days, trex arms or off the grid concepts or someone similar.

Thigh rig is going to look fucking retarded for EDC, almost as retarded as the shit holster you already went for.
>>
>>31837581
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/413885/blackhawk-omega-vi-ultra-universal-modular-drop-leg-holster-ambidextrous-large-auto-4-to-5-barrel-with-or-without-light-nylon?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting%20-%20Holsters%20%26%20Belts-_-BLACKHAWK!-_-413885&gclid=CK3KtMSK_88CFQYcaQodufEKzQ

I use this to carry my glock 20 when im hunting in bear country. Works pretty good when theres a light/laser on the pistol.
>>
>>31837581
Go shoulder for maximum comfy.
>>
File: DG_6378_black_with_belt (1).jpg (163KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DG_6378_black_with_belt (1).jpg
163KB, 1500x1500px
>>31838468
This

I have a Safariland ALS and while I don't normally, I've used it for airshit and it carries close, it's comfortable for all-day wear, it stays put, and has excellent retention.
>>
just get a cheap belt holster, you can get one that fits snug to whatever gun you have for $15, just beware of them rotating if your belt is too narrow.

there's no reason to use dropleg unless you're wearing a big vest or something that obstructs your belt. but there isn't anything really wrong with them
>>
>>31838468
This, any halfway decent holster will feel just fine, also stop wearing some retarded web belt that came with your old navy cargo shorts, faggot.
>>31838034
You are useless, kys
>>
>>31838369
or, you know, like wearing a jacket zipped up and don't want to fumble for your gun
>>
>>31837581
Only problem i've had with them is that you have to realign them after you take a shit. On leftover-tacos-for-breakfast-wednesday, that can be a problem.
>>
>>31838072
That doesn't matter. You legally can't own one before 21. Much like drinking even if someone gifts you a beer.
>>
>>31839363
no you don't. At least in my state in the US. And I'm pretty sure most states are the same.

If you disagree, show me the law
>>
>>31839363
But thats wrong you fucking nogunz.
>>
File: %#!!.gif (2MB, 322x275px) Image search: [Google]
%#!!.gif
2MB, 322x275px
>>31839363
There is nothing that says someone under 21 can't own a handgun. There is something that says anyone under 21 can't buy a handgun from a licensed dealer.
>>
>>31839363
Yes you can. Retard
>>
Semi-related, what are /k/'s opinion of thigh mag carriers for ARs and such?
>>
File: 650.jpg (28KB, 446x650px) Image search: [Google]
650.jpg
28KB, 446x650px
Bump for interest. Looking for something to OC while wearing pic related.
>>
>>31838034
You do understand you can possess a handgun/revolver before the age of 21?
You can't buy ammo or the handgun itself. Please turn in all your guns
>>
>>31837581

Thanks for making this thread. Was about to do one myself.

>Go Innawoods a lot.
>Unable to do IWB or even OWB, due to packs waist belt.
>Try shoulder harness set up.
>Doesn't work, due to chest and shoulder straps.
>Hate those chest holster set ups.
>Now either left with a thigh holster, or carry g20 in my pack.

Kinda been debating on just losing the G20, just continue to carry my Marlin 1895, chambered in .450. Great lever action, plenty of guides here recommend it against grizzly and Moose.
>>
>>31839363

Has to be bait.
>>
hate to tell you this but 18 is the legal age to own guns unless you live in a nazi state... my top pick para org p14 .45 15 rounds of 45 in a nice package ...
>>
>>31841808

Handgun or rifle? Is this for animal protection? If so, what animals live in your state? Budget?
>>
>>31839363
That's false, read up on the law. You just can't buy one
>>
>>31842005
SA XD9 4". Random crazies on the trail. Sucks to have to put sidearm in pack - ie. it's value is completely lost until I set camp. Drop-leg is about the only solution here. Serpa lock would be a bonus. I tend not to carry a long gun while backpacking.
>>
>>31837581
If you're a cute trap with great thighs then sure.
>>
>>31842089
Chest holster
Keeps it out of the way of your waist straps keeps quick access and is high on your body.
>>
Holy shit. Only get drop leg if you're actually going to use it. This is how the scenario is going to play out
>buy tactical drop leg holster
>look edgy as fuck and get stares from everyone
>mostly because you're wearing the holster wrong
>retention loosens, it starts riding your knee
>look like a retard constantly adjusting it in public
>never get laid
>develop aids from all the lady boy cock you shove down your cum guzzler
>>
>>31838034
Next thing you're gonna tell me is you cannot own a shotgun if you're 16.
>>
>>31839363
nigger are you retarded desu? You can own a handgun at any age, you can't BUY a handgun or ammo until you're 21 though
>>
>>31837581
These, they do custom work but it's about as expensive as any other non-shit drop leg.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/

Look up how to wear one properly. Really you're gonna want it up as high as you can get it. Like other anons have said, drop legs only exist for when you can't put it on your belt or chest rig.

>>31838034
>>31839363
You're retarded.

>>31842089
G-Code like I suggested above. You can actually get a non-level 3 holster from them. IIRC the only holsters blackhawk offers for the 4" XD (not the XDm) are level 3. Though if you do want a level 3, then the G-Code isn't any more expensive than the blackhawk. It'll just take longer to get to you since they do custom orders.
>>
>>31842426
Depends on state. In my state it is illegal for a minor under the age of 14 to possess a handgun for any reason. Under the age of 18 they must be supervised by and adult age 21 or older. For handguns only. IIRC rifle and shotguns is basically the same but it's like no one under age 6 and under 18 needs to be supervised by someone 18 or older.
>>
>>31837581
OP if you're gonna wear a drop leg holster wear it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CUwqulyD4
>>
>>31842434
true anon, I forgot to mention that it is state based. I think in my state it's any age (or at least 18).
>>
thigh holsters are shit
worn by tactical timmies and lara croft wannabies

everyone I've seen that has willingly worn a thigh holster not as a last resort looks like they don't know what the fuck they're doing

related story:
there was one time at a gun store I was checking out some surplus makarov and the salesman was wearing a thigh holster with a belt holster right above it, each with a handgun. as I'm dry firing the makarov to check out the trigger he tells me to stop dry firing like it's going to fucking break it. gave back the makarov instead of buying it and left right there and have yet to return to that gunstore, kek
>>
>>31842607
>he doesn't dual carry
>>
>>31842607
Pure autism
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.