[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Пиcтoлeт Maкapoвa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Why did the rooksies use this for so long? Seriously, they adopted it in 1951 and used it till 2003! It's a straight blowback gun that fires a (more or less proprietary) cartridge on par with .380. Russia was making great strides everywhere else in small arms so why did they stick with this? Yeah, it's a decent carry pistol, but I would rather have a 1911 or Glock 17 if I had to put down a pissed-off Afghan who charging at me with a knife. Someone please explain.
>>
I don't think you understand the soviet and former soviet train of thought for production.

>does it work
>then don't change it
>and we'll produce them out the ass like we always have
>>
>>31835545

Cheap. Simple. Reliable.

It was also "good enough" for its intended role.
>>
>>31835545
Two Makarovs I had a chance to inspect at LGS had the shittiest pull I've ever seen on a gun (too long, way too stiff, not quite gritty but struggling). Was it just my luck, or all of them are like that?
>>
>>31835882
were they actual makarov maks or were they one of the other eastern euro "makarovs" that just chamber 9x18?
>>
The Soviets constructed their military for the sole purpose of fighting and winning world war 3. A pistol is so low on the totem pole for that goal that it's hardly worth addressing at all. Instead they built something that was compact, lightweight(for the time) and reliable that could serve military, police and intelligence services equally well.
>>
>>31835545
it's more accurate at 50 feet than most guns it's size and even some wonder nines.
>>
lol dick grips.
>>
File: russian police in action.gif (2MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
russian police in action.gif
2MB, 400x223px
>>31835545
It gets the job done.
>>
>>31835545
You need to live at least for a year in eastern Europe to understand why things here never change.
>>
>>31835545
Nyet. Pistol is fine.
>>
>>31835993
Haha is this real
>>
>>31836018
Yep, 100% real. It was during a demonstration for civilians, although I think it was in Belarus.
>>
>>31836011
nyet cheeki breeki cyka blyat makarov is shit

but really tho famalam, just look at the US military which has a fucking ridiculous budget and has been super slow to change any handguns even if the budget for an entire branch to get a new handgun is equivalent to maybe 1 or 2 fighter jets
>>
>>31836084
*not budget I meant cost
>>
>>31835882
were you pulling the trigger double action?
>>
File: 1477539032486.jpg (216KB, 959x963px) Image search: [Google]
1477539032486.jpg
216KB, 959x963px
>>31835545
>Russia was making great strides everywhere else in small arms

Were you referring to the garbage rod, or the sheet metal dust box when you thought of this?
>>
>>31835882

I got my hands on a Bulgarian mak not to long ago. The thing is authoritarian as fuck and fairly rough to handle. But it is a damn fine shooter and tons of fun when i'm not spending 800 goy dollars on the only locally available 9x18
>>
>>31835882

They're all like that. The double action trigger pull is long, heavy and stacks. With a polishing of some internal parts and a lighter main spring, it could probably be improved, but most people won't hit anything on their first shot. The single action trigger is obviously more usable, but still not good. The break has more creep and more of an uneven break than a CZ 75. Again, it could be fixed with a trigger job, but the stock trigger is below average, borderline bad on a Makarov.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.