[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, we ALL know that guns absolutely dominate in home defense,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (89KB, 1242x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 1242x470px
Ok, we ALL know that guns absolutely dominate in home defense, and we know crossbows would be quite shit for home defense. But would the Chinese repeating crossbow be good for home defense if one couldn't get a gun? It can be made at home, and ammo choices can even go down to pencils, and using shite ammo is not dangerous as there is a barrel for arrows like a slurbow. Loading and shooting is easy af, you literally just jam shit in then start cocking it back and forth, and it is super easy to span and fire. Tell me why, if you don't have a gun, you shouldn't use this

>pro tip: you can't
>>
File: 1456812152596.gif (376KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1456812152596.gif
376KB, 294x233px
>forced to shoot from hip
>probably illegal as fuck to poison the bolts for killing people like the Chinese did
>maintenance-intensive compared to a bludgeon or spear
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 431x450px
>>31835470
>forced to shoot from hip
You have multiple arrows
>illegal as fuck to poison the bolts
Why do you need to do that?
>maintainence-intensive
They're extremely easy to make. You're not in a war, you're in a home protection situation.
>>
>>31835383
The action is fragile as fuck and last I checked the draw isn't that great. It's worse than a 30 lbs bow (aka kiddie bow)

You might get a lucky hit in the eyes and whatnot but if the attackers wear heavy clothing (or just being fat), I'd imagine it would be useless
>>
>>31835383
>1436+580
>not getting a mace
>not caving in skulls in a single hit

It's like you want to get culturally enriched
>>
>>31835383
Repeatimg crossbow have very small draw weights and will not reliably stop an attacker in a self defense situation. They have trouble killing unless the bolts are poisoned and were usually used for supressioon or just scaring the fuck out of anyone you shoot at. They were also very cheap and easy to make in home conditions, ideal for peasants and such.

You are much better of with a standard crossbow, just try not to miss. Ideally you want to have a bunch of pre-loaded crossbows with as high draw weight as possible.
>>
Don't use fucking pencils, use large nails cut to size. Ze sleengshot channel on youtube has a lot of ideas for crossbow shenanigans.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 942x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 942x663px
>>31839115
OP here. I just wanted to show how easy and varied ammo can be, you could theoretically use anything straight in a repeating crossbow.
>>
File: 225px-Balestriere1.jpg (22KB, 225x306px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Balestriere1.jpg
22KB, 225x306px
Just use a regular crossbow, but have a pavise to hide behind in case you miss so the burglar can't attack you while you reload
>>
>>31835504

It has shit for power

the design is not for power. Its to rain poison tipped arrows down on invading mongols
>>
>>31839294
>burglar had a gun
>hell, burglar had an assault rifle
>mamma mia better to hide behind a plywood
>plz protect me martin-sama

Might as well as kill yo self
>>
File: 3702-1_1.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3702-1_1.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>31839674

>plywood
>not lining that pavise with steel
>not making a pavise out of a door so you can trap a burglar behind it and then shoot them whilst also crushing them
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.