[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S&W Bodyguard .380 any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 10601788.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10601788.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Does anybody have any experience with the Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380 Crimson Trace Green Laserguard Pistol?

I need a light EDC gun and I really liked the way it felt at the LGS, but have never shot one (actually never shot a .380 semi auto ever).

Talk me into or out of it.
>>
really want one with a galloway trigger kit tbqh

that or a glock 42 which I shout and found to be extremely enjoyable.
>>
>>31828396
Have the non-laser version. Mag follwers get chewed up to the point the last round bolt hold open doesn't work anymore. Have read the laser version has a screw that can work loose and lock the slide. Also wish I waited for the non-safety version to come out before I got mine. Conceals great though, I carry it more than any other CC piece I own.
>>
>>31828410

Yeah I heard that the trigger pull can be long.

I really liked the green laser on it though, especially how it comes on when you squeeze the grip.
>>
>>31828396
How much is your LGS asking for the S&W M&P BG380 CTLG you plan to EDC?
>>
The new ones are fine. I haven't used the crimson trace version but they're still light and tiny. I just preferred the Glock to it because it fit my hand better; usually not a big deal but with pocket pistols it matters.
>>
>>31828396
My uncle owns one. Hate the trigger but other than that great little gun.
>>
>>31828437

How many rounds and or how long did you have it for when you started having those problems.

>>31828454

$460, but I haven't put the time in to check other stores for a better deal. I plan on going to a few this weekend.

I want to buy before the election because I expect another price bump due to panic buying.
>>
My grandpa has a first model one. Was my first gun to shoot, actually!

Grip isn't excellent, especially for big-handed boys like me, but that's to be expected with conceal carry pistols.

Never had an FTF, even after a stress test we did where it went through 500 rounds in 2 months with no cleanings. One FTE though.

Laser button got depressed by his holster and ran out of juice, but I think the newer ones have a better button to fix that issue.

Overall I would say an 8/10, really nice pistol to carry.
>>
>>31828490
Oh yeah, trigger pull is long and heavy, but you get used to it
>>
I have the red laser BG and it's not a bad gun. Carry it in a wallet holster front pocket and it looks like a phone. Long heavy trigger but I dont mind when it's in my pocket. Id rather carry something more bit Nice to know it's there if I ever need it
>>
>>31828447
The trigger pull is like AIDS but worse. It is absolutely horrible.
>>
Fucking terrible/10
Go fire a p238 or a shield and then fire this
it's like getting cancer, ebola, AIDS, and dying in a fire at the same time
>>
>>31828504
>>31828511
The one at my LGS was changed over to single action. He said its much better than the older DAO ones.
>>
>>31828488
Put 250 rounds of FMJ and 50 rounds of JHP (all non +P) between 4 mags before I stopped counting. Two mags consistently stopped locking open after the last round, one is intermittent, and the good one I use for CC. Mine is 2 years old, don't know if the new ones still have this issue, but is an easy fix if you have spare followers on hand.
>>
Official HIV/AIDS Pocket Carry List:
Kimber Solo
Walther PK380
S&W Bodyguard .380
Beretta Pico
Kel-Tec P3AT
Ruger LCP
Taurus TCP
>>
>>31828396
They're snappy, but small.
I wouldn't use anything less than a 9mm without a good reason, but it'll kill things dead for you.
>>
>>31828396
Nobody in their right mind carries 380 anymore. Get a s&w shield in 9mm like a normal human being.
>>
>>31830003

What is wrong with .380? Yes it is not as powerful as 9mm, but a mugger isn't just going to take .380 to center mass and then keep fighting, they will drop or run. People aren't terminators.
>>
File: OQ6r3a0h.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
OQ6r3a0h.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
Its ergos are solid, conceals well enough, but its trigger is complete butt. Put 100ish rounds of shitty ammo through it without a failure.

It's basically like every other pocket .380.
>>
>>31830583

I liked how it felt enough that I would be willing to get the trigger kit like

>>31828410

mentioned.

How do you carry it? I figure it could be an easy waistband carry if I can find a decent holster system.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.