[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to buy an AR15 from DPMS, need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 4roraclebanner.jpg (42KB, 960x396px) Image search: [Google]
4roraclebanner.jpg
42KB, 960x396px
Leaning towards this: http://www.dpmsinc.com/556-ORACLE-4R_ep_225-1.html

Thoughts AR15 bros?
>>
>>31819591
Just build one m8. It's easy and fun and you'll know the internals of your weapon better that way.
Nothing wrong with the Oracle but if you want to be a gun babby the M&P15 Sport II and Ruger AR556 are better.
>>
>>31819605
How are they better?
>>
>>31819625
Building rifles is an out-dated meme. It used to be that pre-assembled rifles fell into two categories: entry level shit and high end wakery. Now, for any rifle somebody could build, you can find the same thing in a pre-assembled rifle for the same price or less. Lots of mid-tier rifles on the market now that there weren't a few years ago.
>>
>>31819591
If it's anything other than a range toy do not buy DPMS. Perhaps the absolute worst AR brand there is.

Get an M&P15 or one of Aero's offerings.

>>31819757
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>31821463
bruh, why would you build when you can spend $700 for a basic bitch carbine gas
>>
>>31821483
Because there are certain prerequisites that budget rifles dont meet in my book.

The M&P for instance is a good rifle. It just doesnt have some things that I want.
>>
>>31821463
>DPMS is bad.

When will this meme die? They're fine rifles. I've put one through the wringer numerous times with no complaints. That being said, I still recommend building your own.
>>
>>31821835
Oh, of course. One anon's word vs the experiences of numerous people claiming their DPMS fucked up.

Please, define "the wringer" for me, so I can let the world know that it was wrong and DPMS doesnt actually suck boat loads of dick.
>>
>>31821835
Poorfag detected
>>
>>31821869
>>31821879

For starters, I never said it was my rifle. I rented one out at a local range and used it in their combat simulation course. I put 6 30 round magazines through it without any hiccups. And that was sliding around in the dirt and brush. Granted, that might not be "the wringer" to you, but it was certainly dirty after everything was said and done. Listen, I'm not saying that DPMS is the best brand out there, or that anyone should even consider buying it over building their own, but it certainly isn't "the absolute worst AR brand there is." There's anecdotal evidence on both sides.
>>
>>31819757
>Building rifles is an out-dated meme.
Lol okay dude, enjoy your 16" carbine gas, replacing furniture/parts you never wanted and inflated prices because you were too much of a stupid/lazy nigger to operate an armorer's wrench.
>>
>>31819591

DPMS catches a lot of shit, but I bought an oracle upper for cheap, and tossed it on a used DPMS lower. It was just a cheap knock around gun, but it has become one of my favorite AR's.

Instead of babying it, like other snowflake guns, I've kinda kicked the shit out of it. It has yet to malfunction, and makes torso hits at 200 yards shooting prone through a used aimpoint I bought at a pawnshop.

It has run well at 3 AR classes (one was a patmac class), and countless range sessions. I know it isn't as well made as other brands, but it really has never given my an issue.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.