[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ptr 91

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: PTR_91K_Carbine.jpg (94KB, 943x273px) Image search: [Google]
PTR_91K_Carbine.jpg
94KB, 943x273px
What does /k/ think of the ptr 91? im thinking about building one.
>>
>>31819170
Don't, H&K fucked up the CETME design really bad. The originals made by CETME themselves were better quality than H&K. H&K used shitty polymer materials, a confusing drum sight, and reversed the controls.

>inb4 PTR fags try and defend their shitty purchases.
>>
Why not just buy one? Cheaper that way.
>>
>>31819170
its a fucking meme dont get one
only literal faggots buy anything made in europe
just buy yourself a mosin nagant its the only gun you need
>>
>>31819177
I read it the other way that the PTR's were better quality than the original cetme's Such as poor welds on the trunions and shitty sights. However i could easily fix that if i did it myself.
>>31819179
It might be cheaper, but i think its more fun to build.
>>31819182
Because the parts kits for ptr 91's are 300$ and ak parts are seriously going up in price.
>mosin nagant
kek
>>
>>31819177
>>31819182
hue
>>
>>31819204
Your fucking up bro don't buy anything that's not a mosin trust me
Once I bought something different and I was extremely disappointed
>>
>>31819204
My rant was mostly directed at H&K taking the CETME design and shitting it up with stupid changes that didn't improve anything or made things more complicated. The original CETME was always better than the H&K abortion.
>>
File: Turkish_G3A3_disassembled.jpg (404KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Turkish_G3A3_disassembled.jpg
404KB, 1600x1200px
>>31819230
>The original CETME was always better than the H&K abortion.
Which is why 14 countries around the world manufactured the G3, and one country manufactured the CETME, right?
>>
>>31819225
i fucked up when i decided not to buy a blunderbuss, mosin nagant has all those metal things moving that can break bro.
>>31819230
Ive seen the recievers that are for both the cetme and pt91, im assuming it was the lower that they changed mostly correct? If you mean the whole pin vs shelf semi auto change, yeah that was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>31819256
No bro it's the eppitomy of what a weapon should be
>>
>>31819249
Please tell me how H&K improved the original design, you can't because their take on it was terrible.
>>
>>31819268
A rock thrown by your hand is the epitome of weaponry, just think of how reliable that is.
>>31819271
What exactly did h&k do to make it terrible? the ambi safety or perhaps something with the bolt?
>>
>>31819292
They replaced the simple flip-up sights with the hard to use drum sights, they reversed the markings on the trigger pack which makes it hard to know if your on safe or fire. Almost nothing is compatible with the original CETME. H&Ks polymer furniture is notorious for cracking, etc.
>>
>>31819292
Oh Pi$$ off lumploaf you dont no a dam thing about guns I will have yuo no my uncle is a real gun Smith and we agreed that no gun will ever be beter than the mosin nagant @#$% your peeny weeny pee tee ar
>>
>>31819303
I really dont know what your talking about withe the selector markings thing...
>>
>>31819330
hes a gun
>Smith
>>
>>31819230
CETME's irons fucking blow, the G3's irons are actually better
>>
File: 20161027_023641.jpg (910KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161027_023641.jpg
910KB, 2560x1440px
>>31819303
Fuck off you useless shit. There is nothing wrong with Diopter sights, and I myself like them way more than most other types. The Germans improved upon the CETME with all of their changes.

>>31819170
Go for it OP. Pic is my A3R that I picked up yesterday. The charging handle is quite stiff, as is the safety/selector, and the gun is a lot heftier than I thought it would be, but I'm having a blast just finger fucking and playing around with it. Can't wait to shoot it. The wide handguards have a steel heatshield built into them, so the gun is quite front heavy; an issue you won't have with the slim guards. I went with the wide guards becasue they cover the trunion, which apparently gets quite hot while shooting and I general like to hold my guns very close to the mag well. That and it just looks cool and allows me to fit a bipod. Even with the polymer lower, the gun feels incredibly solid.
>>
>>31819634
After hearing this i think i will, the weight doesnt worry me, id actually rather have something a little heavier than my ar-10 as it helps keep the recoil down (especially with a delayed roller blowback design). Im going with the larger metal handguard as well, the more RPK looking handguard not sure what to call it.
>>
>>31819667
Groovy man. Just as an FYI, I've shot an FAL, Garand, M14, and SCAR 17. I thought each of them had pretty "soft" recoil (my main shooters to that point has been a Mosin and a Mossberg 500). Everyone I've always talked to has said that the G3 has a harsher recoil than the FAL o M14, which I find hard to believe now that I've finally got my hands on one and feel how much heavier it is. What I do know though, is that the best way to mitigate recoil on a G3 is to change out the locking piece for an HK21 style one. A heavy buffer is also good but from what I've read it's the locking piece that makes the most difference.
>>
>>31819170
I prefer the original CETME model...Here in Spain you can buy a original CETME C for 500-600$ more or less.
I heard that in USA,CETME L is sold but /k/omrades I recommend to don't buy a CETME L they are pure shit.
CETME C is a older version but better,trust me...
>>
>>31819225
Let me guess, you bought a scar didn't you?
>>
>>31819728
be careful which locking piece you go with depending on your barrel length, stock g3 is 45 degrees and the hk21 is 50.

Going up in degrees opens the bolt later allowing less blowback pressure so the bolt cycles softer. Going down however might result in your stock breaking off as the bolt is cycling under full force.
>>
>>31819303
>hard to use drum sights
It must be hard on you, being so stupid
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.