[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single Stack 9mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (222KB, 1280x822px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
222KB, 1280x822px
I am looking for a single stack 9mm for edc. I am going to betting my CCW permit soon and want a gun I can carry with me every day.

I have a Glock 19, but don't plan on carrying it every day (in low threat areas) especially during the summer.

I was looking into a ruger LC9s pro or an M&P shield because it looks like they're around $330 on buds gun shop.

I don't want a walther because of the mag release, don't want a glock43 because of the price and I already have a glock. The Kahr CM9 looks nice especially because it's small and can fit in a pocket, but I heard the takedown is difficult and I don't know much about them.

XD grip safety seems stupid and it's more expensive than the Ruger and the Shield.

I heard the trigger on the LC9s is better than the Shield and that "shield has a shit trigger" is this true?

Also I am not going to get a safety on my carry gun obviously, but someone said that you shouldn't dick around with the lc9s pro because it has like a 4.5lb trigger pull and no safety.

I am also open to opinions about things like the LCP and Bodyguard in .380, or small revolvers but I don't have experience with these at all.
>>
>>31819142
for 9mm, Get shield, trigger aint great but not too terrible. Apex triggers available if it bothers you that much.
For .380, get LCP. Only option

I have both, love both. Carry shield everyday. LCP on standby in case shield is too big
>>
File: shield.jpg (551KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
shield.jpg
551KB, 1280x920px
Shield *used* to have a shit trigger. It's gotten slightly better over years thanks to minor revisions to the sear. It still benefits IMMENSELY from an Apex DCAEK and trigger upgrade.

Of the ones you mention, I'd be looking at the Shield or the G43. Shield is a solid all-around gun whose primary issues revolve around the bad-to-okay trigger (easily fixed with the aforementioned Apex kit) and the fact that the mag release rusts like a motherfucker if exposed to heavy humidity/sweat and isn't kept lubricated.

Personally, I like my Shield, but if I had to do it over again I might have gone G43. Shield aftermarket support is pretty decent, but it'll never match Glock's even if it beat it to market by like 2 years.
>>
>>31819142
If you want a good 9mm single-stack then get a Smith & Wesson Model 39.
>>
>>31819199
My only other gun is the aforementioned glock 19 which I love, do I really need just 2 glocks?
>>
>>31819199
My mag release rusts too. It doesnt even look like it's metal. or is it the spring that rusts?
>>
>>31819211
Up to you. I just think the Glock is a worthwhile option since you can play around more with aftermarket stuff to get it where you want it, and maintenance procedures will be pretty similar. I actually went the other way you're going and carried the Shield for 3 years before buying a Glock 19 for winter carry.

Something I will point out though is that while I haven't shot the G43 myself, I've heard that it tends to kick more than the Shield since it's a lighter gun, and the G43's standard mags carry less ammo than the Shield does. You can fix that with a base plate upgrade, but that's just more money out of pocket.

I can't really make this call for you; I'm just letting you know what my experience has been (and why I decided to just put the Apex kit on my existing Shield instead of selling everything to buy a G43).
>>
>>31819223
It's the mag release itself. I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't given the same finish treatment as the slide was for some reason. I've pulled my mag release button, scrubbed the rust off, and put it back in the gun twice now, and both times the "spring" has been fine (it's just a single stainless rod built into the frame). There's an aftermarket mag release someone started making that I might try eventually once it comes back in stock, but if you're worried about yours, you can always try contacting S&W and seeing if they'll send you a replacement mag release button.
>>
>>31819211
>do I really need just 2 glocks?
It's up to you but I'm having trouble deciding to get another 9mm Glock(43 or 34) or a G30 that I've been considering.
>>
>>31819199
I like my Shield but sometimes think I should have gone with the G43. I have no complaints with the trigger after putting an apex sear in it with nothing else extra.

Some gripes I have with the Shield
>can't use the slide lock lever as a slide release on a reload
>the 8rd mag sleeve doesn't stay put

But I really don't care for the G43 because I'm planning on bumping up in size for a carry gun.
>>
>>31819275
I havent had a problem with mine, I check my gun at least once a week and make sure it still moves freely and I let clp soak into it.
>>
File: fucking retards.jpg (64KB, 659x950px) Image search: [Google]
fucking retards.jpg
64KB, 659x950px
>>31819297
>can't use the slide lock lever as a slide release on a reload
lol that is fucking retarded, who the fuck came up with that design?
>>
>>31819297
I personally never even noticed the slide lock thing until you mention it. If anything it's a bit of a pain for me since I have a bad habit of pushing it down with my support hand and preventing the gun from locking on empty. Slide releasing I just use a power stroke for - I picked up the habit after shooting an FNP9, which had a tendency to just barely engage the slide lock on empty and would release the slide with the slightest of pressure on the button. It's been weird re-learning to use the slide lock as a release on the Glock 19.

>>31819300
That's what I've gotten in the habit of doing too. Only reason it rusted twice was because I got complacent in the middle of summer.
>>
File: XDS.jpg (541KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
XDS.jpg
541KB, 1080x810px
I like my XD-s. my dad has a shield and my sis has a lc9s, XD is better for me personally. I like the grip safety and the textured grip. cant really go wrong with any of them. XD tends to cost a bit more but you get a real hard case, not a cardboard box like those, 2 mags (lc9 comes with 1), factory installed fiber optic front sight and extra fiber optic stuff to change it if you want green instead of red and also replace it as it wears out over time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.