[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intro ARs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: ATIGOMX556.jpg (55KB, 1200x358px) Image search: [Google]
ATIGOMX556.jpg
55KB, 1200x358px
I'm looking to pick up my first AR sometime before inauguration day and I was wondering what you guys would recommend in the budget category. I've been looking at these ATI omni maxx rifles too and I'm curious if any of you have experience with them.
>>
>>31818545
Ruger AR556
Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport
>>
Buy this and add your own furniture to it.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION
>>
What do you guys think about this

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/anderson-carbine-ar-semi-automatic-556x45mm-223-remington-16-barrel-magazine-not-included?a=2091805

Good first AR, or am I better off spending a bit extra and getting a PSA/Ruger/S&W
>>
I apologize for the slight hijack, but anyone know a good M16A2 clone that's something resembling affordable? I can tolerate a flat-top, but I'd really prefer a fixed carry handle. Really, in general I just want something as close to an A2 as possible.
>>
>>31818545
Does anyone have an opinion on Palmetto State Armory kits? I just ordered one but I still need to get a receiver. I'm thinking I'll go with one made by spikes tactical. Any opinions? Other receivers I should look at?
>>
>>31819698
are you taking about the lowers?
just buy a $50 anderson
my PSA lower works fine too
>>
>>31819229
>Buy this and add your own furniture to it.
first AR dumbass, get it?
>>
>>31819590
It's not bad, but the one I linked is better than any of them and it won't cost that much more depending on what furniture you choose. Furniture isn't something that will be banned either, so you can take your time.
>>
>>31819698
are you in SC?
>>
>>31819707
I'm sorry I didn't realize I was addressing a baby that doesn't have the motor skills to snap three Lego blocks together.
>>
>>31819705
Thanks man, will look into them. What's the advantage of one over the other? I hear spikes tactical is good but I don't know own enough to quantify what that actually means. If something cheaper does the job I'm all for it.
>>
>>31819725
not me, he said it was his first AR
go easy on him, don't set him up right out of the box to build one
>>
>>31819732
there is literally no reason to buy anything other than an anderson but rollmark or ambi features
spikes makes good shit if u like their stuff
>>
>>31819716
Nah, Tx
>>
>>31819743
oh, OK. palmetto armory is right down the road from me
>>
>>31819749

Same. Summerville?
>>
>>31819736
I'm not asking him to build an entire AR from scratch (though some people do).
Putting the stock and handguard on this AR is as simple as
>slide stock onto buffer tube
>slide handguard onto barrel nut
>tighten like 3 screws
Unless you bought a special snowflake handguard which adds like one more step, to replace the barrel nut.
Why the fuck does handguard auto-correct to "Ghandi's"
>>
>>31819824
>Why the fuck does handguard auto-correct to "Ghandi's"
don't know
but you know how beginners are, we should try to help them, not shove them straight into building things. that's not what he asked for anyway. he just asked for advice on buy a rifle i think.
>>
>>31819866
>he just asked for advice on buy a rifle i think.
buying a rifle, i meant. fucking autocorrect
>>
>>31819229
>http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION

I started the other buying ar halp thread. I'm going to buy this, thanks for the link.
>>
File: borat.jpg (77KB, 625x482px) Image search: [Google]
borat.jpg
77KB, 625x482px
>>31820183
You are getting:
5150 nitride barrel 1:7 twist
158 bolt
Mid length gas
Aero tension adjustable upper and lower set
7075 buffer tube and charging handle
>>
>>31820208
actually im going to buy 2 and try dual wielding
>>
>>31819866
If putting on some furniture is too hard for a beginner they're in for a real treat when they need to field strip and clean their rifle.
>>
>>31819633
Del ton sells A2 uppers, and PSA has the lower kits in stock.

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Barrel_Assembly_p/dt1012.htm

http://palmettostatearmory.com/a2-rifle-build-kit.html
>>
>>31819736
I built my first, and it was piss easy. I see no reason not to put the option out there for OP
>>
>>31818874
Nah, nigga.
>>
I am totally new to ARs, never paid them much attention. Yet i bought and Anderson stripped lower for $50 at lgs, and ordered a psa freedom kit.
I ordered it Saturday, it was delivered yesterday.

I put it together last night in about 1 hr with no special tools, bench or vice. Only used regular hammer and needle nose pliers.
Only cumbersome/tedious tasks were putting in the 2 roll pins on bolt release and trigger guard, and the 2 two tiny detents for the takedown pins (I ended up having to search the all around for both of those when I flung the front one and dropped the receiver on the back one)

It sucked w/o proper tools, but I'm at working it has my hands so it wasn't that bad.

I used the sootch00 YT video mil spec lower as a guide.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.