[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about gun buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: courtesy-justsportsnj.jpg (128KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
courtesy-justsportsnj.jpg
128KB, 704x396px
How hard is it to buy a gun, /k/? Was thinking on buying a pistol or shotgun when I move out, but when I was about 14 years old, my parents made me stay overnight in a psych ward of a hospital because I was "acting suicidal" did not stay a full day, parents took me out when they realized that this was not how to help me.

Not "suicidal" anymore, and not on drugs. But, I don't wanna go to get a gun then get rejected for that, and become a felon for trying to buy a gun.

wat do
>>
Also, thanks, libtards.
>>
>>31817530
I doubt it's even on your record, but you can look at your record at the courthouse I think. Google it, or if for some unknown reason it does matter you'll know when you get a call from your LGS to say your application was denied after you submit your 4473 (I doubt it'll show up)
>>
>>31817560
Thanks, what's the general process for buying a gun from a licensed seller?
>>
>>31817584
Walk in. Ask to fingerfuck it. Make small talk. Something along the lines of "Well, I'm sold, lets fill out the paperwork". Fill out a 4473 and give him the money. Walk out with your new gun.
Remember, don't be nervous. Calm cool and collected, there is no reason to be afraid. You know what you want and why you want it walk in like you've done it 1,000 times before. There is no pop quiz or any question other than basic information about yourself (Name, address, phone, etc.)
>>
>>31817530
Make sure the address you put on the 4473 matches your driver's license.

Don't put down an answer to the final question if you answered no the previous one 'no.'
>>
>>31817675
wait you just walk out with a gun? isn't there a waiting period?
>>
If a family member of mine got me a gun he bought off a friend of his. Do I need to do anything to make it legal or am I good to go?
>>
>>31817749
Not in a free state
>>31817773
Are you in a free state?
>>
if you know what you want:
"you got a ___? how much?"
if the price is okay
"i'll take it"
you fill out paperwork and pay

if you don't know what you want:
"hi i'm looking for a gun"
"what kind?"
"_____"
he'll recommend you something and offer it to you to hold
if you like it, you buy it
if you don't like it, he'll recommend something else
this ends with you either buying something or leaving because you just don't like any of the guns enough or feel you need to go think about all the info he has piled on you

if you don't know anything about guns don't be afraid to say that. it'll make things easier for him because he'll know just how much explaining he'll have to do. try not to get upsold on extra crap because a new gun will come with everything you need to go shooting minus the ammo and hearing/eye protection).

don't worry about not buying anything at all. they're ultimately used to it like all other retail salesmen but might still gripe about it, especially if they get a commission/credit for the sale. not all places have systems like that in place. if they are just paid hourly they don't give a shit because they get paid whether you buy something or not.

>>31817749
depends on the state. the most notorious is California and its 10 day wait.

>>31817773
depends on the state. check local laws. most are fine but some require you to go through a licensed firearms dealer (cough California and Washington)
>>
When you are filling out your paperwork (4473), it will ask if you

>f. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defected

Meaning, you had to have had a court or some legal authority deem you a danger to yourself or unable to own a fire arm for being mentally unfit. In other words, you'd have to check if there was any legal action taken against you.

Sounds like that is not your case, so you should be good. If that IS your case, DON'T lie about it on the form. That is considered a felony and can land you some jail time.

>>31817584
>what's the general process for buying a gun from a licensed seller?

Walk in, say "Hello" or greet them kindly. Tell them what you are interested in or what you are interested in purchasing. Chat with them a little and ask questions if you don't know. Ask for them to show you or ask if you can check something out.

Don't be immature or say stupid things. Act responsibly.

Once you settle on something you like/can afford - tell them you want to buy it. Then you'll fill out your paperwork. They'll run a background check on you. Then, hopefully, you'll be a proud gun owner.
>>
>>31817808
I don't know. I'm in Mississippi.
>>
>>31817832
No, never been to court, except one time I put zip locks on my neighbors gate, she was not happy. I don't really have a diagnosis, when I was a kid they thought I might be on the autism spectrum, but nothing official. Just want a little gun that goes pew pew, so when I move out I feel safe.
>>
>>31817809
Ms is a free state I believe
>>
>>31817918
How bout MD?
>>
>>31817904
We're free as fuck fellow MSbro.

If you're not barred from owning guns there's a lot of private sale groups here in MS. Though I would make sure without a doubt you can own a gun legally before buying from a private sale.

Where abouts are you in MS?
>>
>>31817927
>maryland

my apologies
>>
>>31817973
What's wrong with md?
>>
>>31817961
>>31817961
I'm pretty sure I'm legal, Im in the ridgeland area. How about you
>>
>>31817530
Unless the FBI has something on you, it's retard easy to get a pistol even in the northeast.

Check your state laws though.
>>
>>31817675
Except, don't do this. Do research and find a proper firearm. If you can, go to a range that has rentals and try a few out that you think you'd like.
>>
>>31817530
probably want to check with your record, should be able to accomplish that at your local city hall/courthouse
otherwise you could take the "risky" (albeit low risk) option and attempt a purchase. there is a question about mental health on the 4473, depending on how you answer that you might be declined either up front or within a waiting period if your state is cucked

you could always go through private sale if you don't think you can pass a background check
>>
File: 4473 relevant section.png (188KB, 1069x642px) Image search: [Google]
4473 relevant section.png
188KB, 1069x642px
Can you answer all of these questions?

In like 35-40 states that's all you have to do.
>>
File: tve7174-19650408-238.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tve7174-19650408-238.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>31817530
My question is why is it half the time that I visit my lgs theres a fudd or just turned 21 year old that drops a gun really hard on the glass case while trying to finger fuck a fun they dont intend to by.
Then they get all red faced. Wtf is this phenomenon?
>>
>>31818444
they've probably never held a gun before and are mystified at its mere presence. it's the gun equivalent of dropping his spaghetti
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.