[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

California Halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: victoire.jpg (64KB, 707x526px) Image search: [Google]
victoire.jpg
64KB, 707x526px
Guys, I need your help. I'm a sailor in the US Navy, currently in San Diego. I'm from Texas originally and have no idea how CA gun laws work. I've been told that I can get permission to store a gun at the base armory. How the hell do I got about buying a gun in this state? Looking to get a Mauser or maybe an old Mannlicher for target shooting and range fuckery, with hopes of attending a nuggetfest eventually. Plz advise.
>>
>>31813005
EY SHIPMATE LISTEN HERE

You fucking boot.

Fucking google it.
>>
>>31813005
It's not that hard m8

Walk in

"You have mannlicher? I'm a seaman you see"

Fill out necessary paperwork

Wait 10 days

Gun.

As long as you're buying a rifle, it isn't that complicated
>>
Let me get this straight, you're worried about buying a gun at a gun store? Do you think a CA gun store is going to stock firearms that you can't own in CA?

I'm willing to bet you're not a nuc are you?
>>
>>31813065
>>31813070
I wasn't sure an out-of-state person could buy a gun here.
>>
Steps to buying a gun.

>If long gun, complete the rifle safety test
>This test is so fucking easy you should seriously kill yourself if you fail it
>Get your rifle safety card
>You can now buy long guns

>If handgun, same thing.
>Piss easy test, get safety card
>You can now buy any handgun SO LONG AS ITS ON THE CDOJ "SAFE" HANDGUN ROSTER

>When purchasing a weapon, there is a ten day waiting period

But anon, what the fuck is an "assault weapon"? The short and easy answer is

>Is it semi-automatic?
>Does it have a detachable magazine?
>Does it have a pistol grip?

If you answered yes to all three, it's a scary baby seeking assault weapon and your pleb ass can't have it. There are work arounds, such as bullet buttons that make normally detachable magazines fixed and retarded stocks that are not pistol grips. There are a few other "features" that can qualify a gun as an assault weapon but those are the big two.

Ten round magazines at most.

Tl;dr go to a gun store, take the test, and buy a Mauser because they are perfectly legal here.
>>
>>31813093
Thanks.

>>31813024
Amazing, I could actually see the knife hand.
>>
>>31813079
Ahh. Tbh I don't think anyone can buy a firearm in a state where they don't reside, but don't quote me on that. However, I think you can if you use your military ID
>>
>>31813112
Don't know about Cali. But, most states will allow you to buy a long arm...just not a handgun. I bought rifles when I worked in MD as a resident of another state.
>>
>>31813079
Military id and orders will allow it.
>texas resident
>stationed in georgia
>live in SC
I get the best of all 3 worlds.
>>
>>31813163
Ahh gotcha. I was in CA for a few months and bought a cz 75 online. I had to have it shipped to az, where I'm from, to go get it. Could be because it came with 3 16 rd mags though. Also I feel like rifles would be the more troublesome buy just because of the bullet button, featureless, and <10 mag thing. But of course that doesn't matter if OP buys a mauser, like he said he may.

Also OP you'd be better served buying online and having whatever you buy shipped. CA prices are insane. check out the prices on calguns.net
>>
>>31813005
If you present your orders, you're considered an in-state buyer.
>>
>>31813093

added note: handgun roster is only for new guns. used guns/buying from a buddy is fine.
>>
>>31813112
>>31813163
Texas law only prohibits out of state handgun sales at an FFL
>>
>>31813208
see >>31813860

stationed in NC, still a CA resident. buy whatever guns i want, just present a copy of my orders/my NC CCW to get around the racist handgun permit law.
>>
Other posters have explained the mechanics of the firearm classification in CA pretty well. Here's the actual penal code citation for cali.

Ca penal code 26845
(a) No handgun may be delivered unless the purchaser, transferee, or person being loaned the firearm presents documentation indicating that the person is a California resident.
(b) Satisfactory documentation shall include a utility bill from within the last three months, a residential lease, a property deed, or military permanent duty station orders indicating assignment within this state, or other evidence of residency as permitted by the Department of Justice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.