[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global Hawk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: nf1Uv[1].jpg (365KB, 2520x1677px) Image search: [Google]
nf1Uv[1].jpg
365KB, 2520x1677px
I though that UAVs supposed to be cheaper then manned aircrafts, but then I saw this:
>Unit cost
>US$131.4M (FY13)
>US$222.7M (with R&D)
How did they managed to build UAV more expensive than F-22 Raptor? Did they use cocaine as a glue in composite wing?
>Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton
>Unit cost
>US$120.689m (FY15)
>US$182.378m (inc R&D)
Holy shit, just why they are so damn expensive? I don't think that their satellite uplinks is included in that pruce.
>>
>Small scale production
>Pioneering design
>Extremely expensive sensor systems
>>
>>31811879
>I though that UAVs supposed to be cheaper then manned aircrafts

Cost is not one of their advantages.
>>
Think of how much time and effort it takes to train and maintain a pilot.
>>
>I though that UAVs supposed to be cheaper then manned aircrafts

RUNNING COSTS

NOT COST
>>
>>31811919
You mean like the pilot that flies the Global Hawk
>>
>>31811879
How long can I keep a global hawk in the air compared to an F22?
>>
>>31811919

UAV's still have pilots, dumbass.
>>
Because muh military industrial complex needs more funds for dem progrums.
>>
>>31811926
>>31811930
Not nearly the same degree you train a fighter pilot
>>
>>31811926
Pilot of the global hawk is quite a bit cheaper, since in this case a pilot can be a gang of 20 fat assburgers that play too much videogames. Cant allow those to touch F-22.
>>
>>31811943
>Pilot of the global hawk is quite a bit cheaper

What's the price difference between a UAV pilot and a flying pilot?
>>
>>31811960
A shit load of time and money. Don't get me wrong they still train the pilots extensively but not any where close too fighter pilot.
>>
>>31811974
So what is the price difference. Where's the source for your information.
>>
>>31811960
The difference is all the years required to train this pilot to perform at high G loads and extreme stress at the same time. Flying itself is mechanically not very difficult, even i can remember where all the buttons are in falcon BMS. Doing it while being IN the flying aircraft is what makes a difference between flightsim retard and a combat pilot. UAV pilots are pretty much glorified flightsim retards that also usually work in groups.
>>
>>31811994
Look, you got caught making something up, don't bother blustering.
>>
>>31812039
Not him, But it's a common sense inference. Just think about it. When airplane autopilots became more prevalent in commercial airlines did civilian pilots become more or less important?
>>
>drones
>remote controlled, highly advanced planes
>cheap

heh
>>
>>31811960
I thought they recruit military pilots who already have all required training for manned jet.
>>
>>31811907
>Cost is not one of their advantages.

This.

UAV's are great because they have extremely long loiter time and the pilot isn't in danger.

Being cheaper was never supposed to be one of their advantages.
>>
>>31811879
Dumbass Op, the Global Hawk loiters for very long periods of time at high altitudes. It's like a drone U-2 and it has a very important and specific job. Those sensors are insane as well.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.