[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22 target pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Hi /k/, I am an American who doesn't own a gun. I was considering buying a Ruger Mark III because it seems like it would be fun. I've fired one before, along with a few other popular handguns. Is this a gun worth owning, or would I be better off owning a 9mm or larger gun? I'm somewhat interested in self-defense, which I know this isn't made for, but I am low-money and I mostly want to have affordable fun.
>>
>>31810476
$300 can get you a long list of pocket pistols. $500 can get you any decent 9mm. It's almost as cheap as .22 and can also be your CC. Go to a gunstore, ASK to fingerfuck their pistols and find the one that best fits in your hand. Just buy the pistol and the box with it, buy your holster, ammo, and extra magazines online later to save money.
>>
Go with the 9mm, it's a perfect tradeoff between size, economy, and lethality.
You can get a new 9mm for around $350 that'll be a workhorse for years
>>
If it's going to be your only/first gun then it needs to be good for self defense.

So buy a Glock 19 like everyone else.
>>
>>31810476
If you're poor, just buy this.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/smith-wesson-model-s-w-sd9-ve-9mm-4-barrel-w-two-tone-finish-223900.html
>>
File: 1477374416690.jpg (50KB, 385x708px) Image search: [Google]
1477374416690.jpg
50KB, 385x708px
Okay thanks guys. I was thinking a used Beretta 92 could probably be had for sub-tree fiddy, but I wasn't sure if it was a better 'investment'. If it's about as cheap to own, I guess it makes sense.
>>
>>31810540
Oh that's pretty cheap. Is it any good?
>>
>>31810476
>cheap ammo
>cheap gun

avoid Mark III, i heard it has feeding issues and they just fixed it with the Mark IV

do like the other says, go for a 9mm, the ammo is really cheap and if you want a cheap 9mm either buy a Hi point ( you might be called a nigga or hood rat but at least the thing work really well for the price ) or get a browning Hi power

your best bet would be a second hand CZ 75
>>
>>31810555
Make sure you rent and shoot the gun you want to buy. Tastes differ, I hate Beretta, but some people people love them and hate the guns I like.
>>
>>31810579
>browning Hi power
I liked the way this gun felt in my hands, but absolutely despise the magazine disconnect feature. Dangerous for concealed carry. Though, apparently, there are mods to disable it - but still, I won't trust a modded gun.
>>
>>31810568
Yeah, it's the standard poorfag gun. Basically a glock clone for half the price. I'd definitely pick up the SD9VE if you plan to conceal it or defend yourself with it, I personally don't trust my life on a used gun. If you just wanna go to the range, then the used Beretta isn't a bad idea.
>>
File: 1469310031102.jpg (70KB, 398x560px) Image search: [Google]
1469310031102.jpg
70KB, 398x560px
Guys I don't know if I could shoot someone even if I had to and owning a firearm makes me nervous because of that. I totally 100% respect and understand the whole self-defense thing, but I feel like a 22 would be more fun for me because it's not as much of a 'weapon'. I know this sounds pussy or like I'm a pacifist or something, but it's not like that. Again, I respect everyone's right and desire to be able to kill if needed. I just don't want to ever. I'm not even scared.
>>
>>31810641
You'll think differently when the knife plunges into your chest. Just carry it. Take solace in the fact that it sounds like your doubtful to use it if unnecessary and that your apprehension stop you from using it unless you really need and want to.
>>
File: 1476898371044.jpg (123KB, 632x350px) Image search: [Google]
1476898371044.jpg
123KB, 632x350px
>>31810770
Okay you got me with that one I'd like to avoid knife-in-chest.
>>
Mark III's aren't really cheap, but most of the .22lr pistol can be had around $250. For SD just go .380 or 9mm compact. If you want a cheap target pistol there are a million 9mm full sizes around used for under 300 and plenty of dedicated 22s that can be had for 200 used.
>>
>>31810568
It's a good gun. The trigger is pretty hated, but it's a Smith so it will work.
>>
>>31810476
good guns. have shot standards through mk 3. get a mk 4.
>>
>>31810476
I like my ruger .22lr. And it is fun to shoot. But i would not buy a mk3
With the ne mk4 on the market.

If you go 9mm
You can find the walther ppx for a great price. Or a Rex zero 1 or a glock 17, or aa fnh fnx or fns or a Beretta px4

Shop around. Try some out at a range.
>>
>>31810641
Thats fine.

To each their own.

Save up a little more and get the mk4 over the mk3.

The easy takedown alone is worth it.
>>
>>31810476
I'm about to inherit a mkII and I'm pretty stoked just because its aesthetic as fuck and it's cheap fun.
>>
>>31815274
>I'm about to inherit a mkII and I'm pretty stoked

k
>>
>>31810641

a 22 is still a deadly weapon that makes an ear splitting boom and will make your little noguns mind go crazy.

Take the plunge and go for 9mm, it will take the same amount of adjustment and you'll be happier for it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.