[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a pistol that is styled after the Luger P08 / Walther

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Is there a pistol that is styled after the Luger P08 / Walther P38 that ISN'T a 22LR?

I love the style of the 22s like the Ruger Mk 3, Browning Buck Mark, but it seems that 9mm or .45 don't exist in this style. Why is that? It seems so strange that guns that are designed after a 9mm Luger would all be 22s...
>>
The ruger is styled after a nambu, just so you know.
>>
>>31810321
They all look pretty similar to me.

I know the 92fs/M9 is styled after the Walther as well, and I like them too but I think these 22s look more Walther-like than the 92fs/M9 do.
>>
File: lahti_m40.jpg (748KB, 2000x1071px) Image search: [Google]
lahti_m40.jpg
748KB, 2000x1071px
>>31810346
The 92FS is pretty much a development of the P38. They basically just extended the slide for a conventional recoil spring, widened the grip for double-stack mags, and eventually added a button mag release. Internally, the P38 and 92 are extremely similar.

As for OP, the whole exposed barrel thing pretty much died out in centerfire pistols after WWII, though it was originally a Germanic sort of trend. The only other pistols you'll find that have it are other pre-war designs like the Lahti.
>>
File: Automag.jpg (70KB, 679x514px) Image search: [Google]
Automag.jpg
70KB, 679x514px
>>31810139
>Is there a pistol that is styled after the Luger P08 / Walther P38 that ISN'T a 22LR?

Yes. Pic related is the AMT Automag I, which was the very first gun to try and bring the power of a magnum revolver to a semi-auto platform. It precedes the Desert Eagle by at least a decade, and, unfortunately, it wasn't a success despite being infinitely more aesthetic.

If you feel the urge to go after one, just keep in mind that it's rare, that it has design flaws that limit its reliability, and that ammunition for it is almost impossible to find unless you load it yourself.
>>
>>31811028
I thought that canvas was sand at first and my butthole clenched.
>>
>>31810139
p5
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.