[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get your shit together USAF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: longinthetooth.jpg (84KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
longinthetooth.jpg
84KB, 600x400px
>
Bbbbrrrrrtttt
Ahhhh Just a little bit longer
Please please please please please
Tell me that you're gonna

Now your daddy don't mind
And your mommy don't mind
If we have another Bbbbrrrrrtttt, dear
Just one more time

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/26/a10_to_get_a_reprieve/
>>
>>31809201
>The US Air Force wants to retire the A-10
You mean the contractors that the Air Force hires to build jets wants the A-10 gone so they can shove the F-35 down our throats
>>
>A-10 being refurbished
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Retire the piece of shit already
>>
>>31809245
Need a functional replacement that doesn't affect other mission availability first.
>>
>>31809346
Except everything else already does its job better, and the original mission it was designed for is obsolete. The USAF isn't replacing it with the F-35 - they're dropping its role entirely.
>>
>>31809346
The only thing the A-10 does better is gun-runs and thats not effective for most CAS missions. The ammunition is too small to provide any explosive power against light targets and the AP cant even pen a T-62.

All other munitions can be carried by other aircraft with the same effect.
>>
>>
File: 90rred.jpg (74KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
90rred.jpg
74KB, 1600x900px
>>31809622
I'd respond by pointing out that with the upgraded weapons systems it can out haul most other airframes.
>>
>>31810432
No, it cannot, especially when it uses up valuable hardpoints to carry a FLIR pod and ECM. Don't forget that the primary strike aircraft during the Gulf War was the F-15E.
>>
>>31810479
And the primary CAS aircraft in Afghanistan was the B-1B...
>>
>>31810490
That too. Point is the A-10 is outclassed by other aircraft in US service in the CAS role.
>>
>>31810490
That statement is somewhat misleading. For a long time, the B-1B didn't have the capability for laser guided strikes until it had the sniper pod. The point still stands that the B-1 is more capable than the A-10 simply cause it's a larger airframe and the addition of the sniper pod doesn't significantly affect the size of its payload. There's also the side note that modernizing the B-1 is a simpler task than with the A-10 because you're not cramming so many cables through a single hole in the titanium bathtub that magnetic interference has to be a consideration.
>>
>>31810479
Anyone able to find information on planned avionics upgrades? I'm guessing targeting equipment is probably high on the list, dating back to the N/AW
>>
>>31809219
No, this time they are trying to convince the airforce to buy into a whole new project to develop another plane to replace the A-10.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.