[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clone Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: arex-zero1_d.jpg (418KB, 888x698px) Image search: [Google]
arex-zero1_d.jpg
418KB, 888x698px
Lets have a real, heartfelt non-mongoloid conversation about cheap, available clones vs their more expensive counterparts.

Some examples include:

Cheap foreign 1911s like RIA (Flip) and Tisas (Turk)
ARex Rex Zero 1 (Slovenian) vs Sig 226
Pretty much everything Canik (Turk again) makes (TP9 vs Walther P99, Tristar C-100 vs CZ 75 Compact, etc etc etc)
Stoeger (turk again) vs Benelli

Without dismissing half of those because terrorism how strong an argument can anyone make for not going with the cheaper counterparts?

For your average shooter the fit and finish gap is going to be more aesthetic than a quality of performance / service life issue as they won't ever see more than a few hundred to a thousand rounds and many of those designs have proven to be at least as rugged as their more expensive counterparts, though this will obviously not be true in all cases.
>>
>>31808325
I personally think rock islands are built better than their name brand counterparts but that's just me
>>
File: 61.jpg (4MB, 3000x1829px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
4MB, 3000x1829px
Here's a picture of a CZ and a much more expensive clone. Not really what you asked for but it's what I got.
>>
>>31808325
>>31808390
RIA metallurgy is inferior and you can read about how the frame and slide lose their fit after a few thousand rounds

If they would make a long slide competition ARex I'd check it out
>>
File: Kimber Sucks.jpg (2MB, 3950x2653px)
Kimber Sucks.jpg
2MB, 3950x2653px
>>31808325

I own literally all the aforementioned clones and several of their more expensive counterparts and to my mind the average shooter isn't going to ever run into a meaningful difference beyond retention of resale value.

>>31808426

At half the price that's probably not to surprising but once again, I content that your average RIA owner isn't going to buy or shoot more than a few hundred rounds of .45 during their period of ownership. And while cheap guns don't get a pass on problems necessarily, it's more forgivable than this shit in pic related.
>>
>>31808325
Do you know if there are there any other countries aside from the Phillipines, Turkey, and a few in Central/Eastern Europe that are worth mentioning when it comes to inexpensive guns that aren't total trash/import banned?

Also, to answer the question you posed:

>Without dismissing half of those because terrorism how strong an argument can anyone make for not going with the cheaper counterparts?

The best case you could make against any of these cheaper manufacturers would be that those who want to buy a revolver from one of them would be SOL. I've looked at some of the Colt/S&W clones produced by Armscor, Alfa Project, and Taurus, and there is an extremely noticeable difference in terms of both the aesthetics and the actual function of the weapon between the copies and the original. The copies also suffer from massive depreciation, which is also a serious downside when you consider that the high resale value of a quality revolver (relative to almost all other guns) is one of the strong points of the platform.
>>
File: 20130228_015114.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
20130228_015114.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>31808480

I feel like Taurus gets a bad rap. Their US import guns are much higher quality than a lot of the shit you see from videos in Brazil. I've only owned one (PT709 Slim) and while it's not as good as most other guns I've had but it was perfectly serviceable.

Most people I know who own Judges seem very happy with them too but I can't say most shoot them all that often.
>>
>>31808426
How does the metallurgy of the Turk 1911s compare to the brand name stuff?
>>
>>31808498
My experience with them is mixed. You're right that they have a worse reputation than they probably should, but it's not an entirely undeserved one. A handful of their guns, like the Beretta clone, current PT111 G2s, the Raging Bull, the Judge that you mentioned, and some others aren't bad. The rest though? I would keep my money well away from them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.