[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0756.jpg (143KB, 925x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0756.jpg
143KB, 925x1500px
Building a .308 AR but I'm not 21 so I'm going to have to mill an 80% lower. I also don't know anyone who has a drill press, will pic related do the job?
>>
>>31807000
21? What country do you live in?
>>
If you have no experience using tools, you are not going to mill an 80%.
>>
>>31807000
>tfw machinist by trade
>manual milling machines and lathes
>see threads like this here and there
>they're always full of shit in every direction

Christ one of these fucking days I will clamp down an aluminum 80%, trace out the cuts with blue, center punch them, use a handheld cordless drill to punch out most of the material and flat bottom them with an endmill (still in a regular hand held cordless drill), then come in with cold chisels and files.

No drill press, no milling machines, all high speed steel (shit had me laughing when people in an old thread were all like "you need carbide for aluminum), and still end up with a better finished AR than a lot of the messes I've seen in here.

OP I don't mean to tilt that hard, it's not aimed at you really, but christ people need to read a fucking book and learn how to actually cut metal and make a good part before they buy a bunch of shit and end up breaking all of it anyway because "b-b-b-but I had a carbide tool and an AR-15 jig and everything!!!".

https://www.amazon.ca/Machining-Fundamentals-John-R-Walker/dp/1590702492

Get a book first, find some scrap chunks of material, and practice a little bit to get a feel for the operations you'll need to do. Then buy what you need.
>>
get the easy jig for christs sakes
it'll look a lot better finished too
>>
>>31807000
i have a drill press
>>
http://www.80percentarms.com/products/308-easy-jig

if you dont got a bank card just go to any 7-11 and buy a prepaid visa
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.