[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went shooting today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: tok1.jpg (833KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tok1.jpg
833KB, 2560x1440px
Today was the first time I went shooting since March. My last range trip was in a blizzard with some friends at some backwoods range in my home state right before I moved. That was mostly with rifles, though I did do a little bit of pistol shooting. I recall that I didn't to too great. Anyway, finally found a decent range near me and had the time and money to finally go.

Mainly shot my TTC, but also tried a rental CZ SP-01, CZ 85D, and Sig P225.

I seem to pull consistently to the left and was looking for some pointers on how best to correct that. Also any general feedback in appreciated. I think I did decently, especially considering how little I shoot.
>>
File: tok2.jpg (869KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tok2.jpg
869KB, 2560x1440px
I'm surprised at how well I did with just 1 hand. I messed up my off hand wrist a on time ago in a rather nasty crash, so I find that I have to readjust my grip a lot becasue I can't really lock my wrist on my off hand, so my hand tends to slide around a lot.
>>
>I seem to pull consistently to the left and was looking for some pointers on how best to correct that.
Aim more to the right? If that doesn't help make sure your grip is straight and you're not tilting the gun.
>>
File: cz.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cz.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
The bottom two targets were with the SP-01, two handed at 5 yards, shots every 1-2 seconds. I really liked the SP-01, and I think it's going to be the next gun I get.

Top target was with the CZ85. The gun was OK to shoot, but it ejected straight back into my face constantly, so I didn't shoot it a whole lot.
>>
File: p225.jpg (807KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p225.jpg
807KB, 2560x1440px
These 3 were with the P225. I had really been wanting to try a P226, but it was a "premium" rental that I didn't feel like paying extra for. I feel like I shot best with this gun, but I really was not a fan of only having 8 shots in a mag.
>>
>>31806582
Stop flinching and use the joint of your trigger finger, not the pad. It worked for me.
>>
>>31806610
I'd really not have to resort to Kentucky windage. I would rather work on establishing good technique that will help me shoot better.

>>31806627
Still working on the flinching bit, I think I just need to shoot more. By pad do you mean the tip of the finger, or the straight bit in between the first and second joint? Most of my shooting today was with just the tip of my finger on the trigger. Except for the Tok, becasue it has a much stiffer and narrow trigger so I can't really shoot it like that and need to really squeeze it.
>>
>>31806657
I found that using the fingertip threw my shots to the left while using the first joint helped me center punch when shooting striker/SA. When shooting DA, it may be more helpful to use the pad (fingerprint area), but I don't see too many problems with using the joint either. Less strain against a heavy trigger means less shaking and more ability to focus on sight alignment and not flinching..
>>
>>31806687
I will try to keep that in mind.

So other than that...am I any good? I feel like 5-7 yards is kinda close, like I should be able to get 2-3inch groups at 10. Are my expectation just unrealistic or am I only a so-so shot? This really was the fist time in my life that I've fire more than a mag or two in one sitting with a pistol.
>>
one last bump just to see if I can't get any other replies
>>
File: 1475386492662.jpg (76KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1475386492662.jpg
76KB, 736x736px
>>31806610
Its your finger position on the trigger. If you are high or low work on breathing control.
>>
>>31806611
right handed? More trigger finger probably.
>>
File: 2016-10-26 12.17.27.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26 12.17.27.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
First thing I would have to say is, range gun has seen better days. who know what kind of condition they are all in, from warn out barrels, nick crown, bent fix sights... etc.

To start out shooting good start practicing with .22lr you get down with the principle and working with the fundamental of trigger work, light recoil, and most important the flinching that does not associate with bigger recoiling guns.

Couple of targets that I have seen you done seems pretty good, such as the 2nd roll, first target. Looks like your anticipating the recoil a bit and shooting a bit high, lifting your writs a bit.

Here is one of my target that I shot around the same distance
>>
>>31811479
While I think that a worn out gun could contribute to poor shooting, I don't think that was the case here. I got my TTC in almost unissued condition, and I think I shot better with the rented SP-01, even more so with the P225. My groups are relatively consistent as well, so I think it's just me.

I'll play around with trigger finger positioning next time I go, but I think my main focus should be on working on the recoil anticipation/flinch judging from what everyone here is saying.

To be honest, I am loath to buy a .22 pistol. I hardly ever touch my .22 rifle, which I got for the same reason, simply becasue I rarely if ever have the opportunity to soot my rifles in general. So when I do, I pull out the big stuff just so that I can have a little fun. Also, I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I guess the thinking is that I'd rather spend money on something I'm going to enjoy and that will be useful rather than what might hep me improve in the long run.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.