[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whatever happened to those 1911's the CMP was supposed to get.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: cmp logo.jpg (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cmp logo.jpg
185KB, 500x500px
So whatever happened to those 1911's the CMP was supposed to get.
>>
Aw, poor thing.

Did the government make you a promise, little Timmy?

Honey, that is what grown ups call "a lie".
>>
SecArmy has to sign them over.

2017 NDAA has a section that tells the military to destroy all surplus arms and ammo and make it into hesconsideration barriers. It will probably be signed as is.

They're as good as rebar unless trump some how wins.

All the spare parts have to be destroyed too.

So thre m14EBRs will have to be replaced by ar10s.
>>
Dicklessfaggs no balls
>>
Still in the pipeline last anyone heard. There are potentially up 100,000 that they could distribute, and preliminary number are that they would be releasing about 10,000 per year.

One complication is that McCain has introduced (or will introduce, IDK) legislation that would require them to be melted down. I'm not sure if it is a direct attempt to stop the CMP from getting them, because it was part of a widespread move to reduce obsolete DoD firearms inventory (most of which are too much fun to ever be transferred to the public).

Obviously anything I have said here could be out of date, because I'm fairly certain the CMP still operates with a dial-up modem and phone trees.
>>
>>31806473
Why would McCain do such a thing? I thought he was a Republican.
>>
>>31806488
1) Because sometimes things have unintended consequences
2) because you are retarded if you believe that the "R" next to someone's name automatically means they are more gun-friendly than someone with a "D"
>>
>>31806488
McCain opposed Trump from the beginning. He's just as Republican as Hillary.
>>
>>31806405
>CMP
>Ran by the government

You poor soul. They havent been ran by the government in a very, very long time.
>>
>>31806488
>thinking in terms of political parties

Your party options are corporate globalists or global corporatists. All differences are superficial manipulations to make people enter into false competition to try and make 'their' guys win, to distract them from the fact that the whole system has been infiltrated by the enemy.
>>
>>31806509
>implying trump is a Republican

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good CMP thread, BTW.
>>
>>31806512
He's wrong in any practical sense. The CMP relies on transfers of surplus firearms from the government.
>>
File: 1476210428697.png (1MB, 1220x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476210428697.png
1MB, 1220x1280px
>>31806524
>Implying that isn't a good thing
The Ass falls, the lion rises

Cuckservatives are worse than democrats, just like quislings are worse than Nazis
>>
>>31806461

would it be more cost effective for the government to sell off the EBRs as military surplus or have them destroyed?
>>
>>31806524
He is Republican. McCain and Cruz are faces of a dead failed party. Neocons aren't just Republicans bub.
>>
>>31806546
No M-14 will ever make it to public hands because NFA registration for machine guns is closed.
>>
>>31806543

Actually I think terms like "democrat" and "republican" are obsolete and archaic.

We need to redefine the political parties because today they are not what they were 100 years ago... But the name is the same.
>>
>>31806592
Political parties are constantly evolving. That doesn't mean the names are no longer valid.
>>
>>31806579

I thought that they didn't count as machine guns if the key that controlled the selector was set to semi and removed. iirc it's the key itself that requires registration as a machine gun so it should be fine so long as the aforementioned process is followed.
>>
>>31806600

Life is always evolving. If humans started growing a third eye and 4 pairs of arms would we still define ourselves as "homo sapiens"?

Calling modern political parties by their archaic names is no different than a bisexual saying " iits not gay because feminine penis".
>>
>>31806603
They are M-14 pattern rifles that were originally full auto. I don't think there is any chance the ATF would see it the way you do.
>>
>>31806614
this may be the dumbest post i have read today. congratulations
>>
>>31806617

that's disappointing
>>
>>31806645
The ATF pretty much holds the opinion of "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" which I don't completely disagree with, at least for classification reasons. But it also seems to go deeper than that, with the ATF apparently not being cool with M-14 rifles that came from the armory as semi-auto trainers.

http://m14forum.com/m14/140148-civilian-m14-almost.html
>>
>>31806692

that's horseshit, if a firearm clearly has had its select fire capabilities removed with pretty much no possibility of it being reconverted as was the case here then logically it isn't a machine gun. what kind of apes do the ATF hire?
>>
>>31806726
ATF doesn't operate on logic sadly. Basically they make it up as they go along. FTB letters are quasi legal docs, they are almost the same as Miranda Rights.

What I mean by that is that whole "can be used against you in a curt of law" line only applies to used to prosecute you. If an officer wants to testify in your defense it's not states evidence, it's inadmissible hearsay. Much in the same letters from the Firearms Technology Branch are good as law if they are prosecuting you but merely "opinions of the bureau" if you try to defend yourself.

FTB's also notorious for modifying firearms and other designs sent in for evaluation, sending out separate Title 1 and Title 2 certifications for identical prototypes (Rifle, and Machinegun), etc.

I though that ATF's major screw up when it came to that approved Trust Form 1 for a post-86 MG might actually stir the pot but no. On top of the initial lawyers in that case being pretty dumb ATF will continue to hold double standards unless someone higher up the chain intervenes often with the threat of the brass being fucked up. The courts are worthless for sure, and ATF will never keep a consistent definition for anything. Keep in mind that according to them, attaching a piece of plastic to your "pistol" and placing that piece of plastic too close to your shoulder constitutes manufacturing an illegal NFA firearm, a federal felony.

The white house and the anti-gunners are well aware of this kind of horseshit. But if I were pushing that agenda, I'd make sure firearms laws continued to get more convoluted and incomprehensible to deter individuals and manufactures from even bothering. As far as stopping this kind of crazy someone way high up would have to start coming down hard on a semi-autonomous agency like the ATF.
>>
How do you get in the CMP? As in learning to shoot and such. I'd love to.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.