[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

80% lowers and jigs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

With the impending election. I'm feeling as if I need to do more to stockpile. However I'm not convinced they will send droves of oath breakers to my house to confiscate my guns. They will do it through fines and liens on my property and home.

I want to buy some 80% lowers and a quality jig so that I can buy my own.

Do any of you have any good websites for some quality jigs and quality 80% lowers?

I'm not the owner of a standing drill press just yet however I have access to one.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help gentlemen and women.
>>
Edit. not buy my own. Drill/mill my own.
>>
nice try NSAFBICIALOL
>>
>TFW I want to build an AR15
>I'll buy a 80% upper and mill it myself, it'll be fun!
>buy drill press
>buy cross vise
>In the hole $1000 + effort to mill a LR that would have cost me $150
>CSIS up my butt because manufacturing unregistered funs
>my butt is now a free glove test-fitting for CBSA every time I cross the border
>>
File: 1472090039395.jpg (76KB, 515x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472090039395.jpg
76KB, 515x768px
op here. I was under the impression that milling out your own lower without the intention to sell is perfectly legal.... Have the laws nation wide or particularly in Florida changed?

but thank you all for your responses. I did get a sensible chuckle out of them
>>
I was honestly hoping to get a lot more responses from other /k/ommandos who have thought or gone the same route.

80% lowers require no paper work....
>>
File: ghostly.jpg (2MB, 1992x4792px) Image search: [Google]
ghostly.jpg
2MB, 1992x4792px
You rang?

If you have any questions regarding 80%s, ask away.
>>
>>31801267
>>31801267

first off thank you....and I love you.

How many tries did you have to do before you were satisfied with the results?

what drill bits do you recommend?

is the 80%arms jig worth it. It looks like thats the one you purchased/used.
>>
>>31801285
1 try, but I did damage my first endmill (cost me an additional 30). I have now finished a total of 3, and I am still on only my second endmill. If you take your time, and follow the instructions, finishing lowers is easy and anyone can do it.

As for drillbits, just buy normal drillbits, you don't need anything fancy for the pin holes or safety hole. Just make sure you buy a nice endmill, the one that 80percentarms make is great because of the shank length.

I DO recommend the router method with the easyjig, unless you have access to a mill/drill or fullsize bridgeport.
>>
>>31801315

thank you so much. Do you purchase your lowers from them as well?
>>
>>31801460
I buy mine from wherever they are cheapest. Check slickguns, generally you can get them 30-50 ea (although right now they are even hitting 70). As long as its milspec you are good. In fact, despite buying mine from 3 separate sellers, they are all actually cerroforge.
>>
File: IMG_2217.jpg (889KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2217.jpg
889KB, 3264x2448px
>>31801500
Sorry turned off trip for another thread
>>
>>31801315
Any two flute high speed steel endmill will work. Just order the correct tool length.

Also, don't believe the polls. The only one that matters is on a Tuesday in November.
>>
>>31801554
Agreed, its just hard to find one with a long enough shank. You can get away with a shorter one but you will damage your jig.
>>
I'm assuming that this is a slow and steady wins the race type job
>>
on the 80% lowers website it says some of their jigs and only be used 4 times before needing to be replaced. Thats kind of irritating.
>>
>>31801747
Well that's simply untrue unless you fuck up.

Link me to it
>>
File: wtfmate.jpg (67KB, 639x614px) Image search: [Google]
wtfmate.jpg
67KB, 639x614px
https://www.80-lower.com/tough-80-lower-jig/

https://www.80-lower.com/heavy-duty-80-lower-jig/

https://www.80-lower.com/rugged-80-lower-jig-ar-15/
>>
>>31801776
>>31801776

some say 2,4,16,20. I think the ultimate one says 80+. I just noticed it. Which jig do you have?

Im assuming that after a few uses maybe the bits eat away at the pilot holes causing the tolerances to losen?
>>
>>31801828
Its just bad marketing. Ignore ignore ignore.
>>
>>31801849
Always easyjig. Its far better to use a router in conjunction with a drillpress, than just the drillpress.

If you are using a milling machine, you don't need the jig at all, or if you use it, you have no excuse to damage it.

And no, if you are careful you won't damage the pilot holes.
>>
http://www.80percentarms.com/products/80-ar-15-easy-jig

is this the one you are saying I should start out with?
>>
>>31802037
Yes. It does require the drillpress and router, but as you said you have access to a drillpress; and you can buy a used router on craigslist for 30 bucks. The results are FAR superior to just a drillpress.
>>
>>31802052

thank you tons. I just purchased that and a 3 pack. ill post pics later of finished products
>>
File: IMG_2394.jpg (711KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
711KB, 3264x2448px
>>31802052
Awesome I'll keep an eye out. God speed comrade.
>>
>>31800807
Tactical Machining and American Made Tactical usually have the cheapest 7075 forged lowers. Daytona Tactical has a $70 no frills jig kit.

I think I'm going to start my own 80 Lower website and call it Tactical Tactical. TacticalTactical.com is available!
>>
>>31801601
Enco has everything. You can pick up any size you need for less than $30.00.
>>
>>31802380
False. You really want a 3.5 oal or longer, but the only .25" endmills, with .25" diameter shanks- that they sell, have at minimum a 1.125" length of cut, which would rip into your jig.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (706KB, 1148x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
706KB, 1148x1000px
>>31800981
You can make a funs in Canada ( providing they are not prohib & u have the appropriate licence) U just have to register them with RCMP If they are restricted or can use any pre-existing firearm part (?, not sure about the last part, I think it mostly apples to at uppers ) , u knucklehead ....
also if u got the parts in the states ur not violating Canadian law ur just going to get FUCKED IN THE BUTT , by ITAR which is a US export law( unless u go thrunpropper channels ,aka the small part expemtion ) . Also as far as ITAR is concerned 80% lower= gun parts and thus is a no go
>>
>>31802335

tactical machining is just down the street from me and they need to get their shit together. they are constantly sold out of product. its really sad honestly
>>
Bump for a second time builder
>>
>>31805333
we gotta save these trips stat!
>easy jig or bust
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.