[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your limit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Gadsden002.jpg (17KB, 481x289px) Image search: [Google]
Gadsden002.jpg
17KB, 481x289px
Disclaimer: Yes, this is a question about people personal opinion on liberty, as it pertains to the right to keep and bear. Yes, it is also weapons related. Fite me.

Like a lot of the Ameri/k/ans on this board, I belief that the real value of our second amendment is as a deterrent to tyranny. A deterrent I hope we never have to use. However, a deterrent is only useful if we have a clear idea when we would use it. Do you think our nuclear arsenal would be an effective deterrent if the official policy regarding its use was, "It's only to scare the enemy into not using theirs. We'd never actually use them."?

That said, I'd like to know some people's opinions on the matter. What constitutes, in each of your opinions, too far for the government to push? None of the sane posters here really want a civil war, and most of us believe it will never happen. I think it's been proven again and again that no government could survive pissing off even 10% of gun owners, but that's not much of a threat if we're willing to stand by and watch our rights get stolen.

So what is your personal line in the sand? What could our government do that would make you rebel, and what would you do about it?
This is primarily for American's, though posters from less free areas of the world are welcome to weigh in on their own definitions of tyranny. I know if I was Australian or British, I would have started a fight long before now.

For me, personally, I think any kinda of blanket ban on an overall class of weapon, enacted by the federal government, by agency fiat or executive order would be my limit. That or any similar attack on the first amendment. At that point, I think I'd call up my friends, gather as many like minded people as possible and petition our state government to secede. When that failed, I'd march on the state capitol.
>>
This isn't where I parked my car.
>>
File: 1477278372816.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1477278372816.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
Kek didn't read
>>
File: freemarkettours.jpg (91KB, 1143x1200px) Image search: [Google]
freemarkettours.jpg
91KB, 1143x1200px
>>31798970
>When that failed, I'd march on the state capitol
go to calguns with that and see all the bitches come outta the wood work
>>
>>31798970
secession is for faggot who know nobody likes them
>>
>>31798970
It's impossible without organization or leadership. I don't think human psychology would allow for a spontaneous revolt.
>>
>So what is your personal line in the sand?

The National Firearms Act.
>>
>>31799667
lol

hows that working out for you?

The government already crossed that line a long time ago for me OP. ive been revolting my entire life. Inb4edgelord
>>
>>31798970
you guys are going to be so butthurt when the madame president gets to elect justices and the meaning of the second amendment gets reinterpreted
>>
>>31798970
Honestly I don't think there would be any real revolution to speak of even if they implemented Australia style gun control. There might be a couple of Waco's and some Ruby Ridges but it would end up being about as significant as a school shooting to most normies. At worst there would be a small insurgency that resembles " The Troubles". That being said once food, water or other necessities begin to run out you'll see a more intense uprising. Like it or not for most people in the US guns are a hobby. People usually don't go full bolshevik until they see their children starve.
>>
>>31799667

He probably owns a drill press, a hacksaw, and a dremel.
>>
If there is one the lines so blurry it doesn't matter much.

We will one day have to return to absolute constitutional rights, because its not America if we don't have those.

A basic set of common law that's fair to everyone and taught across the board.

Right now America is a total shitfest of legal fuckery. We have a million lawyers so someone needs to start a program to unfuck the law.
>>
>>31798970
Generally speaking, I think Americans have too many nice things to be fucked to do anything that might wind them up in jail. With the exception of the melanin-rich.

So take away their stuff and jerbs, and you might see some white people breaking shit too.
>>
>>31798970
When they start going door to door is when I will transition from civil disobedience to armed resistance. Possibly before if there is a rebel movement that isn't retarded, but once it's clear we are past the point of no return I'm going solo, no fucks given.
>>
>>So what is your personal line in the sand?

A serious nationwide attempt at confiscation, cause at that point we're not living in the US anymore. If you are not currently politically involved in trying to defend 2a by legal means, you really need to. Writing reps, donating to pro 2a organizations, hell even getting other folks into firearms can do a lot of good.
>>
File: 1474230929664.png (211KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1474230929664.png
211KB, 2000x1333px
>>31800269
This

Carrying weapons is the badge of a citizen, disarmament is the shame of slaves.
>>
My only "signal" to take up arms is an active seizure of weapons by the government. If they start that, it's indicative that we've hit the point of no return, and I pretty much don't have any other option other than accept being subjugated.

Realistically, it's a matter of what pisses off the rest of the country enough to cause a revolt. Doesn't matter where my personal line is if I'm alone on the issue - I'll just end up dead and forgotten, or at best end up on the news portrayed as a nutjob causing the next Waco. Sort of why I set my line at forced disarmament - I would hardly be the only man to take up arms if that happened.
>>
>>31799894
Less laws isn't what you need, better written laws is. American laws are fucked because they're filled with vagueness and outright loopholes in many cases, which is what gave rise to the million lawyer legal system.

Canada isn't perfect, but the legal system's anal retentiveness to detail and bureaucracy tends to keep that shit in check at least.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.