[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shooting old weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: m1karbeen.jpg (793KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
m1karbeen.jpg
793KB, 2048x1152px
am I weird for feeling "bad" when I shoot my old WW2 guns? I'm always hesitant to take out my 1943 M1 carbine for fear of damaging it somehow - for I love her so

pic related
>>
Yes. You are wrong. Shoot it
>>
as long as you are using the way it's meant to be used, and enjoying yourself while you are doing it, you have nothing to feel bad about.

treat it right, show it the love it deserves. you'd probably feel much worse looking at it sitting in the safe rusting away cause you're "afraid" you might break it.
>>
>>31798956
i've got 2 98Ks, a mosin, a SMLE and a carcano, all war relics. i blast away all the time with them, ammo permitting. i feel like i'm part of history.

go be part of history
>>
>>31798956
I kinda know that feel. I bought a new reproduction Inland because I was going to shoot it a lot and run meh-quality ammo through it. However, that's just my shitty reasoning.
>>
File: SAM_0706_2.jpg (687KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0706_2.jpg
687KB, 1920x1080px
>>31798956
My great grandfather gave his guns to his grandson in law(my dad) because that his sons(my Great grandpas sons) would not use them and that my dad would.

Guns are meant to be used and unless they are one of kind guns that are meant to be collected you should shoot them til they fall apart then you fix them and repeat.
>>
File: 20160904_133836-1.jpg (4MB, 1838x2720px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_133836-1.jpg
4MB, 1838x2720px
I feel bad when I don't shoot mine
>>
>>31798956
No. Original guns with historical or sentimental value should be shot sparingly, especially if an accurate reproduction is available. Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you have to shoot it. Only trashy people and children feel otherwise. I haven't shot my Garand in years and I'm just fine. Children wouldn't understand because they have no perspective. A decade is a long time to a child.
>>
>>31798956
Guns aren't for shooting, they're for accessorizing and photo shoots.

t. /arg/
>>
>>31799482
SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!
>>
>>31800709
what? she's nothing special just an import marked winchester with mixed matched parts. great shooter though.
>>
I'm shooting my nugget because it probably shot at some Nazi in its lifetime.

Living history and all that. I enjoy it.
>>
Weapons should be cleaned and maintained and used regularly. The value of a weapon is entirely in its functionality as a weapon, trying to preserve it by not using it or letting it stay rusty is just an insult to its weapon spirit.
>>
>>31798956
She is a beauty, but would feel bad if you kept her from her full potential.
...and I don't mean TAPCO-fucking her.
>>
File: IMG_20150626_093829.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150626_093829.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
Its not that I feel bad, but I am concerned with excessive shooting that it might blow up. Its a 1918 all matching BSA, but the bolt goes in kinda funny sometimes.. so I like to bring it out every so often, but I also like the preserve and take care of it.

Rifles like my M1 Garand, and Mosin always come out though. I just hate having to clean the garand.. very time consuming.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.