[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Px4 Storm Compact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Px4-Compact-Intro.jpg (136KB, 900x215px) Image search: [Google]
Px4-Compact-Intro.jpg
136KB, 900x215px
Anything especially bad about this gun? I like the external hammer and the idea of a rotating barrel, but a cursory glance on google says that it can sometimes fail to feed.
>>
>>31798475
Compact variant doesn't have rotating barrel.
>>
>>31800228
That is the subcompact.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 530x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 530x508px
>>31798475
Nothing wrong with it other than the lack of red fiber optic sights. They're reliable enough for Ernest Langdon to have 50,000 rounds through his and Chris Baker from Lucky Gunner to have 2 fte's at the 1,500 round mark with no cleaning.

There's good info on that particular gun on pistolforum by Ernest Langdon and Lucky Gunner has a 2 part video review on it on You Tube. I'm getting the PX4 Compact Carry when it comes out in 2 weeks.
>>
>>31800228
Yes it does. I own one.

There's something I don't like about the trigger, but I don't shoot it enough to tell you for sure. The reset is very long, that may be it.

Also the slide mounted safety is particularly annoying. It has a pointy shape, and the slide design makes it awkward to grab anywhere else.

Other than these gripes, it shoots very nice. Lucky Gunner has a 2 part review on it if you want his opinion.
>>
>>31800319
The safety can be converted to a decocker easily if you want to do that.

I really hope the PX4 has a surge in popularity in the few months ahead. Beretta really has a good DA/SA gun nobody knows or cares for because they can't into marketing.
>>
>>31800319
One more thing, not necessarily bad, but a pet peeve:

Why does this gun have the worlds shortest picatinny rail? Does anyone use it? Why do gun manufacturers insist on putting rails on everything now, even guns this size? IMO it'd be better without it.
>>
>>31800422
Because there are in fact lights and lasers that will fit on that rail.

I personally wish they would have just put effort into working the 9000s but that hasn't and likely will never happen, so I'll probably just pick up a 92compact or a centurian D to send to Allegheny gun works
>>
>>31800422
I'm just miffed that it can't accept an XC1
>>
Px4s don't get enough recognition tbph famalam.
>>
File: 1389369549571.jpg (34KB, 440x398px) Image search: [Google]
1389369549571.jpg
34KB, 440x398px
>>31801879
This. Such a good gun but nobody knows about it.
>>
I've got a regular PX4 which I think is pretty sweet, but I'm at a loss for night sights. What do you guys do? Replace the sights? Glow in the dark paint? What?
>>
>>31805184
I would say Trijicon HD's but according to Lucky Gunner, they have a fucked up point of impact for the PX4.

Maybe wait for Ameriglo to make some?
>>
>>31805674
Shit. Lack of night sights is literally the only thing I don't like about my PX4. Maybe I'll try paint.
>>
File: 1476296569092.jpg (72KB, 634x607px) Image search: [Google]
1476296569092.jpg
72KB, 634x607px
>>31805773
Check out meprolight and truglo.

I'm with you on the lack of good sight options. I really want Dawson Precision to make a red fiber optic front for the PX4.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.