[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cowboy Action Shooting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: aegsargar.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aegsargar.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
Thinking about buying a Colt SAA clone for shits and giggles.

Is the Uberti El Patron any good? I don't like the transfer bar on Rugers and real Colts are too damn expensive.

I found one on Gunbroker for about $490. Is that a good deal?
>>
First and last bump
>>
File: Vaquero 357.jpg (105KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
Vaquero 357.jpg
105KB, 1024x736px
>>31798272
That's a decent deal for one, and Uberti are generally good.

If you want to shoot your gun for cheaper, Ruger makes the Vaquero in .357, so you can shoot cheaper .357 Magnums, and even cheaper .38 Specials, comparing to the higher cost of .45 Colt
>>
>>31799073
I plan on casting my own .45 lead bullets for MAXIMUM AUTISM

Even considering to go black powder loads for AUTISM OVERLOADED Pt. II: REDUX

I have plenty of modern guns, but it's sometimes fun to shoot historical weapons. I don't care for the Ruger Vaquero because it has the transfer bar safety which kinda ruins the immersion.
>>
File: .45 Colt Wadcutter.jpg (204KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
.45 Colt Wadcutter.jpg
204KB, 880x660px
>>31799143
Nothing autistic about that, handloading can make even .45-70 cheap to shoot.

If you're doing just cast lead and blackpowder, you're really looking at affordable shooting.
I think it's worth trying out some different kinds of ammo though.
>>
File: yep.jpg (41KB, 496x661px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
41KB, 496x661px
>>31798272
Uberti makes decent stuff. I've got an uberti birds head in .357, Vaquero in 44-40 and an 1897 from the 50s.

They're a lot of fun to play around with, don't have any good leather to go with them yet.
>>
>>31799143
Its not Autistic if its cost effective. I think most of us would reload if we had the ability. Personally I just don't have the space in a tiny apartment. Also wish I could shoot in cowboy action competitions or club meets more often but life gets in the way.

Its a fun hobby on your own or if you can find a good club, but a lot of them seem to be plagued with the same issues you see in all other shooting clubs, the old timers that have nothing better to do than make hell for the other members, the guys that take everything way too seriously, ridiculous and increasingly expensive dress codes, mandatory monthly (and in one fucking case weekly) meetings.
>>
Ive been looking at ubertis too. look like great guns and reasonably priced too. Im thinking of getting a glock 19 as my standard defence, cc, and shtf backup but the uberti cattleman in .22 for fun shooting/plinking
>>
>>31798272

I've never heard anything bad about Uberti.

If you're planning on getting into a cowboy action shooting club or SASS, make sure you know what you're getting into. You need two revolvers that fit their criteria, a shotgun, lever action rifle, appropriate dress, and an approved holster rig. I thought about getting into SASS or something after getting a ruger blackhawk, but then I realized that aside from all those rules, my gun wasn't even allowed because it had adjustable sights.
>>
File: burrito-bandito.png (17KB, 960x173px) Image search: [Google]
burrito-bandito.png
17KB, 960x173px
>>31802759
>>
>>31802879
aaaand now I know what my disposable income is going towards
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.