[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ So i recently found myself with this mysterious gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hello /k/

So i recently found myself with this mysterious gun in my possession, having absolutely zero experience with neither modern day guns or older ones, I thought I could check with my fellows at /k/. I'm from Sweden so I would guess that is is Swedish manufactured sometime between 1910-1960 but that's a very rough estimate and not really what I'm interested in, but all possible backstory is very much appreciated of course.

The gun has one marking on 2 places, both shown in the first pic(closeup incoming). Which is an "U" with two similar, but different crowns above the "U" and above each other.

So what do you think /k/? Is this of any interest to you at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
And the last one.
>>
The barrel is pretty tiny, I'm not sure if you'd get any pleasure from sticking it up your butt, but you should give it a try before you dismiss it completely.

Would you mind taking pictures?
>>
>>31796332
>>31796336
proof marks look like german to me but I could be wrong. Definitely is a pinfire revolver though
>>
Looks like a kind of velo-dog revolver. Google that phrase until you figure out what model it is. A friend of mine got traded one almost identical to yours for some work. They were popular in the early 1900s for people like postal workers
>>
My guess would be more around 1850. It takes pinfire cartridges.

It appears to be a rather amateurish job, probably some fly-by-night manufacturer whose name wouldn't mean anything to anyone even if you did have it.
>>
>>31796360
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/live-firearms-and-shotguns/german-made-pinfire-revolver-7mm-obsolete-calibre/prod_4395.html

Closest I could find to OPs picture.

The extractor rod is different on this one but it's identical and being it's in Sweden it makes sense.
>>
>>31796360
>>31796370

Just to add to this

Double crown over U (sometimes referred as "CcU stamp") were revolver/pistol proof stamp introduced by German Proof Law in 1891. AFAIK it was used up to 1940.
The stamp is a sign that the whole weapon passed "Beschuss und Untersuchung" (rough translation will be 'pressure test'?) - checking if its safe to fire
>>
>>31796411
>>31796395
>>31796370
Alright my friends, I've gotten more info than I could ask for. Thank you very much!
>>
That looks like a handgun OP perhaps designed to be fired using a hand or two.
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 691x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 691x960px
>>31796485
Funny.
>>
>>31796471

No problem. Although between all the googling I've done for this thread trying to find a perfect match, and all the research I've done in the past trying to identify two late 1800s-early 1900s guns I've inherited myself, I'll let you know now it might be very frustrating to identify exactly what you've got. There were tons of small companies in Europe back then making cheap guns that just disappeared and obviously they weren't very keen on labeling things back then. I'm sure by now you've figured out that thing isn't worth much, but just like my 2 antiques any old gun still has a kind of cool factor to it. Good luck on properly identifying it, might take you awhile
>>
>>31796328
Om du saknar licens, berätta inte för en jävel att du har den där, RPS regulerar allt som tar "gastäta" patroner, även om den är antik och ammunition är sällsyntare än revolvern själv.
>>
>>31796395
+1 on this. Not sure about the dating, but it's a german open-frame 7mm revolver, 6 chambers and a barrel length somewhere around 6cm.

The similar revolver you've posted is most likely a french-made one, as the design was used by many makers. They were quite common, you can literally just google 7mm pinfire revolver and find a lot of information.
>>
>>31798365
Lefaucheux was the original designer, thus it's usually called a Lefaucheux type (pocket?) revolver.
>>
>>31798388
And a final addition, i probably should learn to write complete posts instead of having to add more ones.

Anyway, the proof mark tells us that it was inspected by Suhl (east germany) sometime between 1950 and 1992.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.