[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my wife broke her glock. how the fuck do you break a block? i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: glock_20SF.jpg (29KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
glock_20SF.jpg
29KB, 500x347px
my wife broke her glock. how the fuck do you break a block? i have a 10mm cartridge wedged in the barrel, it's a squib maybe, the primer has been struck. i tried to get it out with pliers, no luck. it's hammer and screwdriver time

generic glock 20 but related, it's the exact same in question. no question actually, just postin
>>
s a g e
>>
>>31795522
really? is this such an arrogant gun snob board that i'm going to get a sage my first post? that's pretty fuckin shitty
>>
>>31795518
I broke in your wife
>>
>>31795518
Serious answer: Glocks are overrated by the weenies who frequent this board
>>
>>31795539
at least that's a good one. the other dickhead couldn't do anything but SAGE
>>
>>31795551
Yeah. When did you get it?
>>
>>31795547
i've got 5 of them, but i have never had one fail to eject and then lock up like this.
>>
>>31795557
it's a 3rd gen that she has, a 20SF. it's about 3 years old
>>
>>31795559
Send that shit back to Glock then and they should honor their warranty if it's a gen 4.
>>
>>31795565
>3rd gen

Call and see if they'll take it
>>
>>31795567
i'd rather work the bugs out myself. i've already got it broke down to the cartridge stuck in the barrel. i'm an ME so i have a bit of background. if i send it back i won't have a gun for months
>>
Can't you just buy a new barrel? I wouldn't trust using that one again even if you could get the bullet out.

But first, I would consider talking to Glock about it. If it's under warranty and they aren't feeling Jewish they might send you a new one. The last thing you want is to buy a new barrel and just have it happen again.
>>
>>31795581
Inspect the barrel thoroughly for damage so you know you don't have a grenade I guess. Best of luck
>>
>>31795581
what i'm thinking is i'll fixture the barrel and take a screwdriver and hammer the cartridge out the breach end. i've already tried to get it out by rotating the round and pulling it and it's just stuck. Newton says that the only thing that can happen is force out either end of the barrel, if i'm not in front of it then it can't hurt me
>>
OP, do you have a bullet in the barrel, or a unfired "cartridge" stuck in the chamber? Your post makes no fucking sense.

Either, way, you are blaming the gun for an ammo issue, so you are retarded.

sage
>>
>>31795600
The problem with forcing it out is that the bullet could damage the rifling on the way out.

Going back to my previous point, there is a reason you got a squib. Either your using out of spec ammo or your barrel is out of spec. I'd strongly advise getting a new barrel lest this just happens again, doubly so if you cannot manage to remove the bullet without damaging the rifling.
>>
>>31795592
yes i will do that. but these things are built like tanks, so it's probably going to be ok

>>31795588
i don't think it's that big a deal. to me this is just something that happens with a handgun. i'll inspect the barrel, it's probably a shitty ammo problem more than anything. we'll see
>>
>>31795611
that's a valid point, thanks
>>
>>31795621
Not everyone on /k/ is a dick.

You also have to consider that the squib itself has already damaged the rifling. There is a good chance that barrel will never be accurate again, let alone safe. Be grateful this happened in a gun that you can easily install a replacement barrel in. If that happened in my AK it would pretty much be game over.
>>
>>31795604
>>31795522
Sage doesn't exist anymore for a reason you faggot.

OP, you're retarded. Please use a screwdriver and fuck away your barrel. Or use a wood dowel and don't, your choice.

A cartridge and a bullet aren't the same thing.
>>
>>31795604
read op's post
i am not blaming anything. i have 49 years of experiece with handguns. let me tell you the whole story so you will be fullfilled

my wife has a 20sf.gen 3. 5 rounds in she had a fail to eject. 5 more and she gets one locked up. she drops magazine and runs the normal routine, it's locked up hard. getting the pic?
>>
>>31795647
>A cartridge and a bullet aren't the same thing.
no shit genius
>>
Make your wife fix her gun OP. It's 2016 and you're treating her like a child. She is a grown adult who is just as capable as you.
>>
>>31795615
Glocks honestly aren't built like tanks man. My buddy's gen 3 glock 23 grenaded on him. He didn't get hurt, luckily.
>>
>>31795659
sorry to hear that, glad he wasn't hurt
>>
>>31795656
i'm the armorer in the house, it's my job
>>
>>31795518
was it actually a different caliber cartridge?
>>
>>31795647
>Or use a wood dowel and don't, your choice
ohhh, maybe i'll use the same one i use to check my sawed off 12 GA barrel length
>>
>>31795677
no, it was a 10. jesus, we're not stupid
>>
ya know, i just came up here for shits and giggles, i didn't really expect you guys to fix this for me. i'm going to fix it myself tomorrow.
>>
>>31795677
checked
>>
>>31795648
>my wife has a 20sf.gen 3. 5 rounds in she had a fail to eject. 5 more and she gets one locked up. she drops magazine and runs the normal routine, it's locked up hard. getting the pic?
Nope. It is impossible to get a cartridge stuck in the bore. You can, however, get a bullet stuck in the bore. A cartridge can only be stuck in the chamber.

Understand now, kike?
>>
>>31795706
did i say the cartridge was stuck in the bore? if i did i was mistaken. it's stuck in the breach, so to speak. it's exactly where it should be to fire, before i got the barrel out of the slid, it was sitting there just pretty as can be, in firing position. the primer had been struck.

no need to be a dickhead about it kike
>>
>>31795697
and people wonder why were usually a bunch of assholes.
Also, have your wife or her son fix her own gun next time
>>
>>31795730
see my earlier post that said i'm the armorer in the house, and then go fuck yourself

seriously, why the hell are we fighting? shouldn't we be sticking together and fighting the clinton/democrat assholes? or does that make too much sense?
>>
File: squib.jpg (38KB, 450x274px) Image search: [Google]
squib.jpg
38KB, 450x274px
>>31795518
shoot another bullet to dislodge the one in the barrel
>>
>>31795748
now that's funny. i've got a pic of someone that ruined a good smith .357 doing that on my tablet, i'll post it if i get downstairs
>>
File: g35kb.jpg (64KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
g35kb.jpg
64KB, 720x960px
Post pics of the extraction process as you're going along. Also, use a bore light to make sure there's no bullets lodged in there.
>>
>>31795863
finally, the voice of reason

this will be fun
>>
File: 1476224549618.jpg (157KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1476224549618.jpg
157KB, 900x660px
>>31795581
Why not just buy a new barrel? Its $125 straight from glock. Then you don't have to worry about fucking the treads or creating a grenade.

https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts/slide-parts/barrels/barrel-g20-10mm.html
>>
File: no_u.jpg (48KB, 519x480px) Image search: [Google]
no_u.jpg
48KB, 519x480px
>>31795949
Rifling not threads.
>>
>>31795949
i could do that, but i don't know that there is anything wrong with this one. lets not jump the gun here
>>
>>31795977
If you have a squib load then your barrel rifling is fucked. Removing the squib will fuck the rifling more. The barrel itself could very likely be compromised because of the squib.
>>
>>31795989
explain please, i dont see it
>>
>>31795518

Post pictures faggot.

Try oiling the bore, let sit overnight, and heating the barrel up with a blowdryer or something. Don't use a screwdriver dumbass. Use a wooden dowel.

If that doesn't work, divorce your wife. You keep the house and she gets the glocknade.
>>
>>31796036
would you divorce a wife that carries a 10? jesus, i had to look really hard to find her. i damn sure wouldn't give her up because a fucking glock jamed. more on this later, but trust me, she's too fucking cool
>>
>>31796036
Any source of heat great enough to expand the gunmetal barrel even slightly would also be great enough to ruin any heat treatment the metal of the barrel has.
>>
>>31795989
A squib only fucks the barrel if you fire another round through it. There's no danger in continuing to use the barrel if he clears the barrel first.

He could damage the rifling with his ramrod clearing the squib, but that'll only decrease accuracy a bit. It won't be dangerous.

I suggest you stop giving advice as if you know what you're talking about, because you do not.
>>
>>31796071

You're retarded. If a glock barrel can with stand 10s of thousands PSI of pressure, and hundreds of rounds of continuous fire, it can withstand a little bit heating up via heatgun or blowdryer.

>>31796053

Quit shilling your gay ass wife and listen.

Oil it, leave for few hours or overnight, use stout wooden dowel and mallet to try to tap it out FROM CHAMBER SIDE TO MUZZLE. NOT OTHER WAY AROUND.

If that doesn't work, heat it up a little and try again. If the barrel is red or white, it's too hot m8, use common sense. Try to tap it out.

If that works, tap your wife on the head, then tap dat ass for fucking up your glock.

If it doesn't, divorce her. Or at least negotiate a 3sum if she's so "cool."
>>
>>31795518
are you sure the bullet has been fired? treat it like a loaded gun until you know otherwise. and stop shooting cheap reloads

>>31795648
so what ammo are you shooting? your own reloads?

>>31795697
inb4 OP kills himself looking down barrel of gun to see if bullet is still there
>>
>>31796090
If he fucks the Rifling (which he probably will) it pretty much makes his handgun worthless for anything other than plinking at the broad side of a barn. Any doubt of accuracy makes it unsafe for defense, and fucked up Rifling makes it useless for accurate target practice.

For a $500-600 handgun it's hard to justify not either buying a new barrel or bringing it to a gunsmith.
>>
>how the fuck do you break a block?
By firing it
>>
Literally all you need is a wood dowel OP. Don't use metal as it can fuck your rifling. How fucking useless are all of you that there's not one post about ramming it out with a dowel? The bullet will not hurt the rifling on the way out you sperglords, copper and lead are NOT harder than steel rifling
>>
>>31798453
read the fucking thread

>>31795647
>>31795680
>>31796036
>>31796104
>>
>>31795647
>doesn't exist
That's a good one.

/saged
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.