[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light Primer Strike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (14KB, 887x476px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 887x476px
Steyr M9-A1

2 light primer strikes today. One primer strike was at the edge of the primer and the other was at the center.

The gun seems to hang on something occasionally about 3mm short of going into battery. Possibly cause of light strikes?

Any suggestions?
>Calling Steyr tomorrow
>>
File: 1472438005784.jpg (13KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
1472438005784.jpg
13KB, 200x255px
>>31793966
>Edge of the primer

>Mfw
>>
>>31794563
Yeah, I mean it must have tried to fire out of battery right?
>>
>>31794570
Most likely. Send that shit back to Steyer. Don't shoot it again. You can seriously injur yourself.
>>
>>31794643
Well shit, thanks I guess.
>>
>>31794570
It could be a weak recoil spring if it's not going into battery. How many rounds have been through it? Also what >>31794643 said. Out of battery firing is pretty spoopy
>>
File: DSC_1136.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1136.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>31794655
Maybe 200 rounds
Gun is new and unmodified, except for thread protector I got from Steyr themselves for $7.
I might have had oil in the striker too so a light strike I wasn't ready to worry about yet but edge of primer raised an eyebrow.

Seer is a weird ass knob design too.
>>
>>31794745
What part of Ohio?
>>
>>31794817
No

>>31794655
Is it possible that oil in the striker channel could cause this?
>>
>>31793966
OP here, called Steyr. They said they'd send me a box and I could send it back but they think it's probably break in period and that if they don't see it they'll have to send it back.

They recommend I switch to 147gr Federal.

So, I guess that's good customer service on their part but I'm thinking It's trade in time, fuck'n brand new gun.
>>
>>31794643
>>31794655
>Don't shoot it again, dangerous

>>31797031
>Steyrs says it's break in period, to go shoot it a bunch more.
>>
>>31796442
Idaho then, whatever
>>
>OP can't see the very obvious condition of the slide not being fully forward

Get glasses and stop being autistic
>>
>OP can't see the very obvious condition of the slide not being fully forward

Get glasses and stop being autistic
>>
Am i supposed to put my target at the point of the pyramid or cover it up with the pyramid?
>>
>>31797987
>>31797988
It's getting spoopy in here
>>
>>31794563
This, gun is possessed by demons, perform exorcism and dispose of as soon as possible.
>>
>>31793966
Check your rifle for bees.
>>
Should have bought a Glock and not an imitator.
>>
>>31797031
"Break in period" is an excuse manufacturers use to hope you just forget about it.

Break in period or not, the gun should not be firing out of battery. There are supposed to be safety features that prevent this. Imo, demand Steyer fix it, or sell it and never give them your money again. A gun firing out of battery is not joke. It can literally explode in your face.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.