[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handgun Confusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Idk which one to pick, I like them all. Family is offering to buy a pistol for Christmas bc of Hillary. We're friends with the LGS owner so I don't want to buy online since we already get a discount. I own a Daewoo 9mm and have owned a SD40 and 1911. Choices:
>USP 9
>Steyr C9-A1
>P2K .40
>FN45
>Beretta 96
>PX4 (9 or .40)
>P320 9mm

I've handled them all and like them all. I can only have one, have researched the pros and cons but fuck me I still can't decide. Any owners opinions or is it all noguns now?
>>
If you like them all then ask to be surprised.

But you're probably not being critical enough if you haven't narrowed down your wants or needs enough to eliminate all but one or two of those.
>>
File: 1477018269038.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1477018269038.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
this
>>
Get the USP or Steyr
>>
>>31793258
None will be ccw, I plan on the ruger lcp for that or a glock. I've always liked the USP but am I hampering it by having it in 9mm? The p2k is a smaller, updated USP just in .40. Steyrs are great and feel nice, and the sights are unique. P320 is a striker, but it feels comfortable too. I've always loved the PX4, and it's just as accurate as the larger 96. The FN is large but shot well for being a poly .45
I've narrowed it down from 15 so I'm doing as best as I can
>>
>>31793229
i would stick with a 9mm just to have common ammo with your daewoo.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 1600x1200px
>>31793384
No
>>
>>31793229
pick the 2 you want the most, then flip a coin.

whatever pistol pops up in your head before it lands is the one you get
>>
>>31793563
My ammo logistics are already varied, one more won't hurt
5.55, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 9x19, 12 gauge, .243, .22, and .270
>>
>>31793593
Oh and .308, .30-06
>>
>>31793443
Any reason?
>>
>>31793229
My dad and I used to own USP 9mm compacts, great guns but we sucked with them which was depressing. I traded mine in for a P2000SK and he got a P30SK. Both of us are much better with those than we ever were with the USP 9s.

I think it was the difference in ergonomics, I definitely don't blame the gun, USPs are amazing.

Try shooting some of those if you can, that will help narrow the list down and if you suck with the USP try the P30 or P2000. Can't say much about the other guns on your list, I don't have any experience with them sorry.
>>
>>31793229
fn45 senpai
look like a badass and it shoots gr8
>>
There are so many good pistols, it really comes down to ergonomics. A lot of people would say that the mid or full size glocks and the Sig P226 are the best ones.
I have a Steyr compact and it's pretty sweet, but I don't shoot that great with it. The Springfield XDs are really nice too, direct Glock competition. CZ pistols are good too.
All the major brands are fine choices, if you have an opportunity to handle them just pick what feels best. You won't notice a difference in performance.
Of your green list, I would pick the FN45 because .45 is fun as fuck.
>>
>>31793781
The FN45 appeals largely due to the 15 rounda of .45 and it can be modded out.
>>31793680
I shot all the guns, the USP takes a little bit of time to get used to, and the P2K felt great but was different due to the caliber change. I was on paper for only popping 3 rounds of each. They're similar but they aren't which makes it so hard to pick between those 2
>>
>>31794028
>I shot all the guns
Well shit, that's makes it a very hard choice then. I see the P2000 as a slight upgrade from the USP. Ergonomics are better, an attachment rail that is compatible with most lights/lasers and it was the only survivor of the insane test the Border Patrol came up with when they were looking for a new service pistol.

One thing though, and I'm not sure what mag release the full size version comes with, but I know the P2000SK had a slim mag release that was a bit awkward. I swapped it out with an HK45 mag release and it's absolutely perfect now.

I guess if all else fails, just write their names out and pull on from a hat.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.