[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need legal advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: gb22.png (636KB, 1920x2656px) Image search: [Google]
gb22.png
636KB, 1920x2656px
>be me
>be 18
>want guns
>lives in maryland where you cant buy handguns till 21
>have no place to store riffle
>wild idea, what if i just made my own.

So green text aside here is my predicament. I have very anti gun parents, I live in an anti gun state, No out of house gun storage is available, riffle is too large to hide in room. So i know since im 18 im legally allowed to manufacture and posses my own rifle but does the same apply to a handgun. I have not made a gun yet and as i understand it if i was to make a rifle as long as if follows NFA standards and i dont attempt to sell it there is nothing legally wrong with that. so does the same apply for handguns in Maryland. I know i cannot purchase one bc they are regulated items but does possession of a handmade one apply to that.

TLDR: In maryland is it legal for an 18yo to manufacture and posses his own handgun.
>>
>>31791431
That's a nice crop job on that image, OP
>>
Sounds like a fun project, but making a glock from and 80% might be easier.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8082
You might find them for cheaper if you shop around.
>>
>>31791656
they look fantastic but i still dont know if i legally can do this
>>
>>31791431

Call a lawyer for legal advice. Better yet, send a letter to the ATF yourself with the question, they'll answer it as best they can.
>>
>>31791622
yea i dun goofed
>>
>>31792010
I don't know about Maryland law, but on the federal level you're fine. It's just not legal to buy a handgun from an FFL, making one or buying private sale is legal.
>>
>>31792587
so in Maryland to my understanding Handguns are considered registers weapons in that any handgun bought from an FFL is required to be registerd. Along with that any private transfers must be brought to an FFL for registering. So FFL and private sellers are both illegal for me. However after reading all of the laws in the MD legal code about firearms i saw no distinction between manufacturing long and short guns. so my question is almost half answered. However i dont want to make one until im 100%sure it is not illegal.
>>
Hey a thread relevant to me

I am living in MD this summer, from May to August. Can I bring my salt rifles, and do I need to register them? Bonus question- what if they are 80% builds?
>>
>>31793004
Its all age dependent. I know for a fact that an HBAR is perfectly legal. Mags wise you cant buy in state any mag over 10rds but you are free to bring as many as you want. I dont think you will need to register them and as for 80% builds those are fine. however a stripped factory lower is a real bitch to get. overall if you are 21 most laws here are bearable but annoying. if under 21 then all might as well be lost. Bc the only things you can really buy are non salt weapons.

Here is a list of all firearms banned for sale. idk about bringing them from out of state,
http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
>>
>>31791431
MDfag here too. Hanover to be exact.
You do realise you can buy a long gun and put a sliding/retracting stock on it right? It's not folding so it won't make it into a scary ass-salt weapon.
>>
>>31793957
>>31791431
I realise that a retractable stock won't fully solve your gun storing predicament, but it will help.
To further help, you could always get a gun as short as possible. Generally a bullpup would be a good space saver, but a bullpup for a first gun is not a good idea. Neither cheap nor simple.
I'd say your best bet is learning how to easily field strip it. It's surprisingly easy to hide/store stripped gun parts. My great uncle has a full giggle AK in his car and he never got caught with it. Blends right in with everything else. Now ofc a disassembled gun won't fit in as easily in a room, but you won't have to hide it in plain sights.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.