[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vietnam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: napalm.jpg (42KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
napalm.jpg
42KB, 450x302px
Posting this across several relevant boards. Neckbeard from /tg/ here who recently watched Apocalypse Now for the first time. For the most part I was blown away and it's instantly become one of my favourite films.

The setting of the Vietnam War really appeals to me for storytelling purposes and I'm putting together a Tabletop RPG game using the 'Nam RPG 'Grunt'.

Basically, I'm looking for any tips or bits of knowledge to compliment my reading and assist in prepping a game that feels both authentic to reality and to the surreal aspects of the war found in both movies and in firsthand accounts from veterans of the conflict.

Enlighten me with your expertise in jungle warfare, politics, the world climate of the 60s, and how best to bring all of it to a Tabletop RPG.
>>
Include the option to frag your superiors and shoot up heroine at the FOB
>>
Sounds cool OP. But a Nam RPG wouldn't really be too exciting. Might as well make a heroin simulator.
>>
>>31790458
mostly done and done. the game im working with is really into the overall fucked up insane feeling; encourages using the dirtiest VC tactics possible and basically make everything outside the immediate squad mates a hostile or obtrusive element.

superiors and substance abuse are definitely part of that.
>>
>>31790525
Don't forget to roll for blue on blue
>>
>>31790445
Fucking hippies
>>
>>31790602
ive never understood anti soldier sentiment. anti war? sure. most people arent fond of war overall, even when its necessary. the military? wel shit, its healthy to trust the people whos entire way of life revolves around the intersection of war and politics.

but anti soldier? congrats, you're spitting on someone's kid who spent the best years of his life watching people get their brains blown out by snipers and their legs obliterated by mines.
>>
>>31790655
its healthy NOT to trust the military*
>>
A family friend often talked about how they would use captured weaponry to kill officers while in the shitter. They would fire an AK into the air then throw a Charlie grenade under the shitter.

Also they would bust the running lights out of their choppers to go on night patrols.

ALSO they would take up new fresh out of officer school officers up to "show them enemy positions" only to the row them out of a chopper and see if they could shoot them before they hit the canopy.

Not sure if true but you know. Vet stories are just that. Stories.
>>
>>31790655

they signed their lives over willingly to politicians, good riddance. anti-soldier = anti-retard.
>>
>>31790445
i interviewed a Vietnam vet once for a school project, when i get home I'll drop the vid on mega with a link. pretty heavy shit, but he also talks about the kind of food they ate n shit, so that might help with the rpg
>>
>>31790731
the idea that tax paying citizens have to be eligible for mandatory military service in order to exercise their right to vote in democratic country is ridiculous. sure you need to get backup soldiers form somewhere, but tying it to a fundamental right of the people is just fucked.

>>31790734
ah cool. firsthand stuff much appreciated.
>>
IT AINT ME

YEAAAAH IT AINT ME

I AINT NO SENATORS SOOOON
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.