[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you guys learn shit about guns and brands so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: 1451861912288.jpg (266KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
1451861912288.jpg
266KB, 1024x711px
How the fuck do you guys learn shit about guns and brands so fast?

The only way I can learn information is to read it twice, read it a third time while writing down key points, and then read through those once more. Then MAYBE I'll remember 95% of it for future reference.

You guys seem to read an article about an experimental weapon or military conflict like one time and then remember every detail forever.
>>
File: 1469332883407.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469332883407.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>
>interest
>research to know which gun is better for my needs
>the need to understand some guns so I don't fuck up in maintenance or load the wrong ammo backwards in a cllip
>>
>>31787925
Rude.
>>
>>31787355
I feel for you man, I'm the same way.

>>31787954
I'm interested in warplanes and dreadnoughts and I still have to take similar measures to OP. Took me three hours to remember the differences between the different AIM missles.
>>
>>31787355

Since we've been interested in guns for a long time we tend to know what an article or whatever says just because we've done thE research before.

So like the first time I read the Wikipedia article on the 1911 i had no idea what short recoil or single action was and I did the research

Tl;dr we've done enough research to know what they're talking about
>>
>>31787355
>>31787925
>>31787954
>>31788002
Autism
It's autism
>>
>>31788033

So many autisms.
>>
Constant exposure to the information over long periods of time.

At some point, you don't need to research information if you just see it a lot.
>>
You don't study for an interest unless there's a class in it/ you're after specific information. The volume of information is pieced together over a period of years and many instances. My primary (and earliest) interest is skyfaggotry. I can identify aircraft and explain their individual function much more effectively than I can firearms because I've had the interest for much longer and focus on it.

DC-3 is my planefu. I know a lot about it due to a volume of separate encounters going back two decades, not because I sat down and memorized DC-3 trivia. Same goes for any airframe or firearm.

tl;dr: lurk mor
>>
>>31787355
Interest, needs, it was my job for several years, general boredom in current line of work. take your pick.
>>
>>31787958

Cry baby faggot.
>>
>>31787355
The same way one learns anything.

How old are you?
>>
>>31788302
I bet you don't know how the DC-3's carburetor works or the year that the first re-fitted turbo-prop DC-3 came to be
>>
>>31788370
Hahahahaha!

I'm stealing this.
>>
I sympathise with OP.

Information overload, memory overlap, etc all make it tough to take in all this info.
>>
>buy gun
>read manual and research online to know how it works, function, cleaning, disassembly
>so I know how not to act like a retard with a weapon or have it blow up in my face
>LUL AUTISM GUISE AUTISTIC AUTISM
the shitpost is strong
>>
Lurk more, clean and take apart guns more. You'll get it. You just have to really enjoy the hobby, this is a special interest subset of an already niche image board. Most of the people here spend most of their idle time reading entire wikipedia entries about obscure African elephant bullets and what have you. One article/post/whatever after another adds up and after a few years you will be one of us.

Go ahead and buy a waifu love pillow/dragon dildo combo now. You'll need that later when you hear artillery barrages in your sleep and the sickness begins.
>>
File: 1420770237970.png (165KB, 2800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1420770237970.png
165KB, 2800x1400px
>>31787355
weaponized autism desu senpai
>>
File: autism.jpg (84KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
84KB, 598x598px
>>
>>31788033
This.
>>31787925
Also this.
>>
File: 1475444296973.png (1MB, 850x934px) Image search: [Google]
1475444296973.png
1MB, 850x934px
>>31787355
Things I enjoy are generally easier for me to do.

But in general I got into guns by assessing myself, my enviroment, and applying it to my load out. Once you do that, other kit starts to make sense for other scenarios, and you really start to appriciate different countries milsurp.
>>
I go to gunshows and gunshops even when I'm broke just to finverfuck the guns and to shoot the shit with the people there. (No pun intended)
>>
>lol autism: the thread
Is it me or the day/k/are is really bad today
First there's that tough guy wannabe trying to buy beer, then some sten 34 bullshit, now this.
>>
>>31787355

As you get older your short term memory degrades but it gets easier to remember facts with vivid detail. /k/ Isn't the youngest board on this site, I would estimate at least a third of /k/ommandos are over 30 and a good chunk of them are over 40.
>>
>>31788850
gross

But not as gross as people being here under 20
>>
>I am ignorant on certain topic
>therefore everyone knowledgeable on said topic must have autism
>I will even quote everyone and say they have autism
>that will show 'em, autism autism
no u
>>
>autism
>cuck

let's see what 2017 will bring us
>>
>>31788396
It's all yours friend :)

Like and subscribe if you want to see more
>>
>>31788033
How is this not the first post? How did this take 6 posts?
>>
>>31787355

because it's interesting
>>
>>31788948
I know it is. I'm asking how you're able to retain it so quickly.
>>
>>31787355
It's our ADD and Autism.

If it's something we find interesting, we absorb it in like a sponge, otherwise it'd just be useless junk.

Oh, and arguing about it here on /k/ helps with retention.
>>
>>31787355

There's a lot of us, each remembering one bit of information that seemed interesting.

If it's one, well thought out and detailed post, they're either involved in the topic, maybe professionally, or have another reason to remember it all.
>>
>>31788968

It's not quickly, it's over years. The newest concepts still use the oldest concepts in some ways or another. If you're very familiar with the way things work right now, it's very easy to understand how they work tomorrow since we're all caught up

TL;DR lurk moar. It takes years to grow a sufficient power level
>>
>>31787925
Fpbp
>>
>>31788997
>tfw work at Gander Mountain part time and I'm total garbage at selling the guns

I just shoot my Ruger and Glock 17 at the range and know the specifics of how different guns operate & ammo. I don't know anything about the caveats of different brands and what's best for who.
>>
>>31789017

Oh, well that's just from shooting lots of different guns my dude. Either that or just people talking shit, which they really do. Some people read a ton of reviews and puke them out at us, but lots of others have just owned or fired the gun/brand in question and could add input.

It's really not hard. Shoot moar.
>>
>>31789049
>shoot moar

With who's money? I am paid $9/hr
>>
>>31787355

Nay i have an entire research department literally keeping me updated on the latest guns and gat stuff

lately we have been busy studying the dogs vital body parts and wounding factors
>>
>>31789071

Cry me a fuckin river I'm a pizza delivery driver. I make 6.00/hr plus charity.
>>
>>31788790
>projecting this hard
Does this make you feel better about yourself? Thanks for not contributing to the discussion, and wasting space with your cringepost.
>>
>>31789532
What discussion?
Ctrl f "autis" and tell yourself there's quality discussion
Also
>complaining about complaining
This is never good.
>inb4 you are complaining about someone else complaining about complaints
Yeah I know so why don't we stop whining from now on.
>>
>>31787925
/thread
>>
>>31789608
Oops, sorry pal didn't mean to trigger ya, just replying to the ops question. Have a nice day lil guy
>>
>>31787355
You gotta love what you do
>>
>>31787355
honestly just lurk more you'll start to pick shit up fast
>>
File: 1476563314052.jpg (27KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
1476563314052.jpg
27KB, 650x456px
>>31787954
>load the wrong ammo backwards in a clip

Top kek.
>>
I'm a fucking genius and tend to remember everything.

>also assburgers
>>
>>31787355
I've been obsessed with military aviation since I was a kid. Dad was USAF missile maintenance tech for Minuteman missiles so I was exposed to this stuff daily.

My childhood dream was to become a fighter pilot but I got on a roller coaster and realized I'm afraid of heights. Also no 20/20 vision (and I do not want lasik)

All I'm left with is the autistic ability to instantly recognize nearly any military aircraft, not counting blocks or variants. It's become to a point where I get offended if something is misrepresented
>there was an ad or segment of a show or some other that showed silhouettes of MiG-29s as US aircraft and I nearly lost my marbles
>F-5's as "MiG-28s" in Top Gun is okay though
>Flight High School is my favorite manhwa and is why I've self-diagnosed myself as being autistic in this field since I understand nearly all the jokes.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.