[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you enjoy a drink to calm the nerves before you shoot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Do any of you enjoy a drink to calm the nerves before you shoot?
>>
>>31781680
No, you fucking alcoholic
>>
>>31781734
TOPKEK
>>
>>31781680
>implying the uncontrollable erection I have whilst shooting isn't enough
>>
>>31781680
Pretty sure the bullet through the brain is going to calm the fuck out of the nerves after I shoot.
>>
Not something 96% alcohol. A beer before I start packing up helps me tune out the other fuckers at the big range.
>>
>>31781680
Nope. The prospect of shooting calms my nerves.

Though there has been a few times when fudds approach me and start spewing their "wisdom" that I wish I had a bottle to smash over their fucking heads.
>>
File: GOTTA GET A GRIP.png (4KB, 304x356px) Image search: [Google]
GOTTA GET A GRIP.png
4KB, 304x356px
>>31781680
>96% alcohol content by volume
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
File: powderandwhiskey.jpg (63KB, 1031x366px) Image search: [Google]
powderandwhiskey.jpg
63KB, 1031x366px
A good rule of thumb is not to drink past the point where you wouldn't drive but alcohol affects everyone differently. I'd rather shoot first and drink later. pic semirelated
>>
File: Sicario Texans.jpg (43KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sicario Texans.jpg
43KB, 320x240px
>>31781680
I'll take a few belts before I shoot. Helps steady my hand.
>>
miodowka?
>>
>>31781680

I find alcohol distasteful and personally avoid it
>>
>>31781680
Calm your nerves? What, are you afraid the targets are gonna shoot back?
>>
>>31781680

If you need to drink to "calm your nerves" before something as casual as going to the range, you have a fucking problem, familia.
>>
>>31782236
People don't drink it as is. Well some do, but they're weird.

It's mostly for mixing with fruity things and getting college chicks drunk off their asses. Also good for SHTF medical sterilizing and burning things.
>>
>>31781680

no lol
>>
>>31782236
>>31786016
We occasionally take a cap full of that stuff for shits n giggles (it burns gooooood).

Most of the time though, I just use that and mix instead of other vodkas.
Cheaper per cup that way, as you use less of it and it's price isn't much different from 40%.
>>
>>31786042
Spirytus is usually pricier because polan can into export. Domestic 95% grain shit is where the crunk savings are.
>>
I drink it straight
>>
>>31781680
a couple of trusted buddies and I will always bring some bourbon out in the woods when we go shoot.
>>
Dunno about alcohol, but smoking or ingesting any form of tobacco makes my aim shake much less. I almost won a 10m pellet rifle challenge while my nose was fully loaded with snuff.
>>
After 4 beers I can hit clays at like a 75% higher rate
>>
>>31786181

That's because you're effectively in withdrawal most of the time and the nicotine just takes you back to your baseline, so you stop shaking.
t. fellow nicotine addict.
>>
ill drink a few beers and then when pulling into the parking lot, take a bump or two of choch
>>
If it's cold enough to warrant it, a jigger of schnaups before hunting or practice to keep down the shivering, but that's rare.
>>
>>31781680
what the hell did you do to that bottle? it's supposed to be clear, anon
>>
>>31781680
Alcohol is actually a banned performance enhancing drug for competitive shooting as it does calm the nerves and lowers heart rate. You don't want to drink so much that it affects your motor control. No more than one drink and possibly just a half drink.
>>
>>31786243
mah nigga
>>
What are you, a witcher?
>>
>>31781680
>192 proof

Not enough for me, 100% or bleach
>>
>>31783272

You probably also use tampons too.
>>
>>31786097
190 baby fuck yeah
>>
>>31787852

Yeah except 100% ethanol is impossible to keep outside of a lab or another strictly controlled enviroment.

96% is high as you can go in the real world - which is actually considered regeant grade in industries that use it. Any higher and the ethanol will actively pull moisture from the air until it balances out around 96%.

Regardless, 20$ for a bottle of that shit is a bargain no matter how you look at it. Youre getting twice as much alcohol for the same price, not to mention the endless other practical uses regeant grade ethanol has to offer.
>>
>>31781680
>192 proof
how are you able to shoot
>>
Of course!!

Who doesn't shoot drunk? Cleaning and drilling with your weapon loaded is also an amazing thing to do when drunk!
>>
File: 1458055999641.jpg (15KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1458055999641.jpg
15KB, 395x395px
>>31781680
no because
>i could get my HCP revoked for that.
>handling firearms while intoxicated is against one of the cardinal rules
>if anything happens and you have alcohol in your system, you will get legally raped

its generally a bad idea.

also why do you need to "calm the nerves"? should you be taking meds?
>>
>>31787904

>lab or other controlled environment
>not having a dehumidifier so you can enjoy pure alcohol
>>
>not realizing this is an ATF/NSA thread
>>
>>31781680
Theres 2 shooter me's

One likes to pretend hes a sniper at the range, taking note of every subtle change in the wind, controlling his breathing, trying to time each shot betwen the beats of his heart.

Then theres drunk me who will go outback with his ak47 and mag dump hundreds of rounds of ammo, hip fire, do bullshit stuff hes seen on movies while yelling at the forest for isis to " come get some you goat fucking fucks. This is my land and il fuck you up when you try to blow it up"

Im not a proud man but i do love my country
>>
>>31788906
>Theres 2 shooter me's

And both are autistic, go figure.
>>
>>31788847
Unless you forget theirs a bullet in the chamber....and pull the trigger....In a college dorm. It went thru the thick ass door then keyholed into the wall. Really glad I didn't get arrested for that. whiew
>>
>>31781680
Polacs are fucking crazy
>>
>>31781680
>192 proof
how is this even taxable alcohol
>>
Drinking =/= getting drunk

I can have 3 drinks and still feel like I can operate a weapon or drive.

So, just set the limit to the same you set yourself for driving.
>>
>>31790761
>feel like

That's cute and everything, but your ability to do these things is objectively impaired by then regardless of what you feelings are on the matter.
It's amazing this board laughs at soccer moms for saying they "feel" unsafe when someone's packing or when someone has a gun at home, but then there's always a faggot who "feels" he's good to go after a couple of beers despite all the evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>31790870
>3 beers affects everyone equally no matter what size
>>
File: 67.jpg (239KB, 1352x690px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
239KB, 1352x690px
>>31790988

Even if you're a landwhale, three beers are still enough to affect your reaction times enough that it can be said your ability to drive safely has been significantly impaired compared to baseline.
>>
>>31788856
Lots of competition shooters did it to reduce muscle jerking.
>>
>>31781680
Why is your Spirytus yellow?

Fantastic drink, feels more like drugs than booze. You feel ready for anything like you could storm the German trenches
>>
>>31791217
>Fantastic drink, feels more like drugs than booze. You feel ready for anything like you could storm the German trenches

Yeah, sure, clown.
Tell me more about how drinking the equivalent of two shots in one got you high.
>>
>>31791217
I think it's miodowka which is spiryt with honey and lemon
>>
>>31787904
>Any higher and the ethanol will actively pull moisture from the air until it balances out around 96%
It will also vaporize and gas off.
>>
>>31791272
It hits so much harder than you'd think because of its concentration, clown.

It also feels like a very lucid drunk compared with other spirits and definitely has an invigorating, stimulating kind of effect. Much more so than other spirits like whisky which feels soporific to me, clowno.
>>
>>31791148
>legally drunk
>three hundredths of a second slower reaction time
>hurr increase in picking the wrong color from a lot to slightly more than a lot
>"significantly impaired"
not according to your own infographic when you actually read it and not just look at the pretty colors and improperly scaled graphs.

impairment and breath alcohol level are pretty much unrelated. Someone who is an alcoholic or even someone who drinks regularly is going to be putting down double or more the "legal limit" if they're actually drinking. 4 shots in an hour=.015 bac aggravated DUI even though anyone who's poured themselves a glass of stolichnaya while dressed up as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R every weekend is essentially unimpaired. It's entirely unscientific at identifying anything other than whether someone has alcohol in their system; laws that use it as the sole metric of conviction were written by the great grandmothers of modern soccermom cunts.

>>31781680
it is actually considered a performance enhancing drug in sport shooting. it is a physical depressant and in small doses behaves as a stimulant. one or two fingers of whiskey will make you shoot more accurately.
>>
Personally I usually plug a few benzos.
>>
>>31781680
Oh boy this thread again! Quality content OP!
>>
>>31781680
If you don't need a drink to calm your trembling hand before you start drinking in the morning you are not a man. Real men drink a double between mags faggot.
>>
>>31787843
Underrated post
>>
>>31791349
can confirm my dad worked in a union and lots of functional drunks hell some did better work drunk then when they were sober go figure.
>>
File: 1470015057991.png (11KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1470015057991.png
11KB, 679x427px
>>31781680
No you stupid fuck. Alcohol and guns are a terrible combo
>>
Maybe a beer to calm myself so I don't flinch as hard. Really helps with follow up shots
>>
>>31781680
There is actually a good reason to have *a* beer before shooting, and I have that fucking reason: Essential tremors. My hands shake like I'm an 90 year old man even though I'm in my mid-20's. I can't hit shit with handguns normally because I can't get my hands to stop shaking. One beer, though, magically the shaking dies down dramatically, and hey, I can actually make decent groups.

I do limit to one, though, and every time I check with anyone I'm with that they're okay with me having one. If they aren't, I won't, and then those times I stick to rifles.
>>
>>31787904
>You also get more ban for your buck

Meh, I thought that was true with hard liquor. But I'll just get totally tanked with Hard liquor and blow 30$, whereas with beer I'll get bored or sleepy halfway through and not get retarded and only drink 15-20$
>>
>>31790577
>Not recognizing the sarcasm
>>
i have chronic back pain. I pop a Hydrocodone right before I head to the range. I take a lot more time carefully aiming.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.