[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear Mace General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (44KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 400x228px
Hi /k/,
My friend is currently stuck living in a major metropolitan city (read: no guns or cc) and there have recently been a string of muggings at knifepoint in his area. Like six in a day last Thursday, including one just half a block from his apartment building. Being the upstanding citizen that he is, he doesn't want to get anybody's doggo killed by illegally carrying. Since he doesn't have any experience with knife work or martial arts I recommended that he carry bear mace with him for self defense purposes. What are the do's and don'ts of bear mace? What brands are good? How much should one carry? What's the best way to train with bear mace? Pic semi-related, but imagine a knife-wielding nog instead of a bear.
>>
>Do's and don't of bear mace?

DO Spray the enemy
DONT Spray yourself

Since it's bear mace and not regular mace, any brand is good, and carry 1 bottle, it's not like you're going up against a bear in a city.
Point and shoot is the best way to train with mace.
>>
How about a stun gun?

SCOTUS threw out massachewset's law against them this year as unconstitutional, so they should now be available to use everywhere.
>>
Are tasers legal there?

A tasers is incredibly more effective at stopping a human being with a knife. Especially one with the "30 second lightning ride" feature.
>>
>>31780385
>>31780376
Any recommendations for stun guns? I'm not 100% familiar with the local law; my friend is stuck out in Baltimore through at least February. His concern about traders is that without proper weapon control it could be taken from him and used against him by an assailant. Also stun guns don't always stop attackers on PCP or other aggression-inducing stimulants, correct? Any advice bear mace related or otherwise would be much appreciated.
>>
>>31780457
Meant for >>31780378
>>
>>31780457
Simple non expelling stun guns work for close combat, if you're in the market for ones that shoot prongs out, check your local laws for whats acceptable and whats not.
>>
>>31780486
Okay will do. What is more effective? I'd imagine you would want one that shoots prongs so that you're farther out of range from the knife? What voltage is generally good enough to drop an opponent?
>>
>>31780543
stun guns and tasers are built for bringing down a person no matter what. Also, this is where you begin to google your local laws, and then google stun guns/tasers that fit your needs.
>>
>>31780581
Right. Thanks friendo.
>>
>>31780543
Stun guns use a short jolt of pain to deter the attacker and make him think twice. A methed up PCP crackhead nigger will not be deterred by this. It fact, it may just enrage him further. Something like the taser C2 give the attacker a 30 second lightning ride. It's meant to be fired into the suspect, dropped, and you get 30 seconds to run.
>>
>>31780617
im sure someone on PCP will be able to tell whats what and be able to tell if a person is a person , while wielding a knife to have enough mental capacity to rob them in the process.

PCP is a hell of a drug
>>
>>31780342
how effective is it on feral niggers?
>>
>>31780684
its BEAR mace, its effective enough to fuck up a bear, which mean niggers take at LEAST 10x the effects it gives on bears.
>>
>>31780646
I'm not quite sure what your point is. Even a PCP nigger will be basically paralyzed for 30 seconds if both barbs go in. However a stun gun may just piss him off. Furthermore, you don't want to bring a stun gun to a knife fight.
>>
>>31780705
This is a half truth. Yes, bear mace will certainly impair a person and cause great pain and disruption to any mucus membrane. But make no mistake, if he gets ahold of you he will still stab your ass 118 times
>>
>>31780342
People dont walk at you with a knife out to rob you at knife point. You dont see the knife until they're within reach. Bear spray is pointless. Tell your pussy of a friend to look like someone nobody wants to rob; work out, get big, learn a martial art, don't be stupid about where and when he travels, and to maintain situational awareness. Also, tell him he's gay.
>>
>>31780766
Not trying to doxx but he lives in one of the "good" areas of Baltimore, meaning that crime is actually usually pretty low. This recent string of robberies has been rather unsettling to him. He's a scrawny fellow, tall but pretty thin, so not very intimidating. He just isn't really the right body type to build muscle even though he's pretty fit.
>>
>>31780846
Those are plenty of excuses you're giving for your friend. Did you tell him he's gay yet?
>>
>>31780912
Only twice.
>>
>>31780705
Goddammit, use the right tool for the job. Learn how to use google to fucker. Here's a hint on how to train with pepper spray, buy a few (10$ each) and fucking use one on an inanimate object. Stop being helpless and allowing your friend to be helpless. Godspeed.
http://www.selfdefenseninja.com/bear-spray-vs-pepper-spray-whats-difference/
>>
>>31780733
How the fuck does a bear carry a knife?
>>
File: ec85c34db929.jpg (87KB, 1000x886px) Image search: [Google]
ec85c34db929.jpg
87KB, 1000x886px
>>31781048
Like so
>>
>>31781000
That latter bit was mostly directed to OP.
Also, Bear Spray a shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-ZqK06As0
>>
A hoodie with regular mace works well if he's that paranoid. Plausible deniability is achieved with the 'hands in hoodie' (on mace can) walk. This way he doesn't automatically seem like a bitch and draw attention.

Make sure it's the "fog" version so he doesn't have to precisely aim a 1mm stream of shit before he runs off.

<

Spray not stream.

<
>>
>>31781197
adding. SABRE (Police Magnum) works well. It has CS in addition to pepper.

Even fits in a front pants pocket.

M-120L
>>
>>31780846
Baltimore fag here

Just tell him to stay away from packs of nigger teens. They're the ones that have been robbing people lately.

Frankly though, he should just carry illegally since the police are so overworked and the homicide clearance rate is so abysmal that all he needs to do if he has to Trayvon-ify some young future Rhodes scholar is run away and dump the gun in the Chesapeake.
>>
just tell him to look/dress like a junkie when he goes out at night, nobody will rob him
>>
>>31780342
ALL CAPS SO YOU FAGGOTS WILL READ THIS

BEAR MACE IS NOT STRONGER THAN NORMAL MACE. IT IS IN FACT MUCH WEAKER THAN MACE MADE FOR HUMANS.

Bear mace is lower powered so that it doesn't harm the bear permanently. This is why most national parks will not let you use normal pepper spray against bears.

DO NOT FUCKING USE BEAR MACE FOR HUMANS

Buy Fox 5.3 or Sabre Red. Stream is better if you are good at aiming and/or its a populated place. Cone is good for blasting fast moving people or groups. Gel is shit.
>>
>>31781474
I have fox labs stream. Heard sabre red is good.

How much should I have? Mine is only 2.0oz but I used it once to test it. Do i have enough left?

It sucks my state limits to 2oz

I will also add that stream is less affected by wind so you won't spray your own stupid fucking asses
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.