[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

74D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (118KB, 320x157px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118KB, 320x157px
These fuckers seem cool. I want a Chem degree after the army; would it make sense for me to enlist for this?
>>
You will be the guy who cleans the gas masks and runs the yearly CS gas training, nothing more. Also have fun walking around in a JSLIST suit in the south in the summer.
>>
>>31775671
level-a suits suck. you can't see out of them and you're swimming in your own sweat and bad breath condensation.

The only thing cool about it is when you take it off.
>>
>>31775671
If you want to actually work with chem and use SCBA and other cool stuff, go Army EOD and then get yourself into the 21st Company. Those are 'the guys' who deal with live CBRN specifically.
>>
>>31775671
Every 74D I know is a giant cunt.
>>
>>31776521
Why's that?
>>
>>31775671
Never forget that anything that sounds cool in the army isn't cool. Enjoy cleaning gas masks after you go though AIT with a bunch of nasty girls.
>>
the only cool thing in the army is to be 15, 18, or 35 series.
>>
>>31778287
>35
Found the Intel weenie. Go back to your cave and play WoW, the big boys are working
>>
>>31778287
>35
u wut
35N here, fuck my life is so boring 98% of the time
>>31778347
ay fuck off m80 mostly we just beat off
>>
>>31778347

Not him, but we're not all bad.

I didn't mean to be in this MOS, though.
>>
>>31778347
Every 35 with a Top Secret/SCI dreams of getting out and getting picked up for a big paying intel analyst job with the spooks.
>>
>>31778534
I only see it happen if you work alongside those companies and cozy up to them, or are incredibly smart and good at your job.

Alot of us just want to get out and fuck off.
>>
eh thats more of a technical/practical application of chemistry in a fairly niche role. an actual chem degree is all theory, math, engineering, the hard thinking/design behind actual application.

if youre dead set on the military, and getting a chem degree after, then sure, you'll pick up some valuable insight/experience of relevance in that MOS more than most others. but its like asking if one should become an EMT prior to going down the road to medical school.
>>
>>31778534

It works, sometimes. Ya gotta know people, though.
>>
>>31778576
>>31778640
work in a SCIF all day for years and suck up to the civilians in it.
>>
>>31775685
Yep however their AIT test include getting gassed with real nerve gas. That's pretty fucking hardcore.
>>
>>31778659

Well, what worked for me is knowing people I met along the way and keepin track of where ETS'd battles ended up.
>>
CBRNE is the bumhole of the Army. The military force Signal and Quartermasters to do their branch detail there. Have heard nothing but horror stories about their units. If you get lucky enough to be attached to a normal unit, >>31775685 will be your life.
>>
You'll go to Fort Leonard Wood, which is literally the worst place on earth so good luck with that.
>>
>>31778836
knox, sill, irwin, and benning worse
>>
>>31778896

Benning is actually pretty cool if you're not in basic or OSUT.

If you're ABN, OCS, or Permanent Party it's bretty gucci, aside from having to watch those poor devils suffer.
>>
It's actually a shit MOS. You're a supply guy for gas masks and chem detectors. If you're lucky you'll run a CS chamber once a year. Stay away from that shit job.
>>
>>31775671
A chemistry degree has nothing to do with this MOS. If you enrol for a bachelors of Chemistry program, you will learn all the basics of inorganic and organic chemistry, the theories behind them, common and unusual industrial chemical reactions and also cutting edge advances that cross field with physics and mathemathics. If you want to handle hazmat, take a degree in OSH. You can then become certified and hold managerial OSH positions in factories, warehouses, hospitals etc.
>>
>>31778386
35n here, where you at bro?
>>
>>31780086
Buckley. To be fair it's probably not as bad as like, anywhere else
>>
>>31780132
better than san angelo lol
>>
>>31780178
oh so your're still in AIT. Or did you somehow manage to get stationed in that shithole?
>>
>>31780212
ait for another couple months

>kill me
>>
>>31778588
>>31780008
These. I have a chem degree and it doesn't seem like this job would really have anything to do with learning chemistry.

Also, don't get a chem degree.
>>
File: 1420565611726.jpg (62KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
1420565611726.jpg
62KB, 500x331px
>>31780253
That place fucking blew when I left a few years ago
>mfw the part of the reason that you can't drink or do fun shit anymore is because of assholes that are currently at my unit and meade
>>
Literally the biggest fucking group of weirdos.

Not talking about Efukt weird.

Not doing cool shit that'll get you in trouble from higher ups if they caught you weird.

Like walking into a bunch of lesbians and Incels smoking clove cigarettes debating what screamo band they like weird.

Also your job blows.
>>
>>31780312
yeah its bad, thank your battlebuddies for me
>>
File: IMG_20161023_204724306.jpg (2MB, 2383x4303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_204724306.jpg
2MB, 2383x4303px
74D (CBRN) here
If you're the only one in your company who is CBRN then youll barely ever get to do your actual job. I mostly just sham in my CBRN cage, help supply or chill with the motorpool guys
Barely ever get to teach any cbrn classes only when its required. But even then when people ask me about CBRN defense I just tell them if i have to ever actually us my mos or equipment where fucked any way
Honestly its not all bad, some guys get REALLY into it but most dont. Guys in all Chem units seem to like the Mos more.
Benefit of being CBRN in an MP unit (like me) is that the MPs get butt hurt when I wear my brassard and they cant wear theres
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.