[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/avemen Just beginning the process of emigration from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: ca-lgflag.gif (16KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
ca-lgflag.gif
16KB, 500x251px
Hello /k/avemen

Just beginning the process of emigration from UK to the land of maple syrup, can someone give me the highs and lows of what I'll need to know in terms of gun ownership over there?

Been shooting all my life, but never owned because UK a shit, but I have family out there and have just tied up my MA so I'm Canada bound soon. Do you guys have to have gun safes out there? I know there's some classes out there that are mandatory but I'd like to hear some of your experiences

Going east coast if that makes a difference
>>
>>31774769
Why don't you just fucking google man
>>
>>31774769
Find the Canada general thread.
Don't post in it, read the pastebin first
>>
>>31774769
This should cover everything you need to know.
http://pastebin.com/jkGPzQCc
>>
>>31774769
>Going east coast if that makes a difference
Shooting on crown land is very difficult there, they treat target shooting in the woods like you're poaching.
>>
>>31774769
>from UK to the land of maple syrup
We don't need more Indians or Pakistanis, thanks.
>>
>>31774769
>Do you guys have to have gun safes out there?

The pastebin has most of the answers, but specifically for this- you don't need a safe for an NR, but if you do get a safe, you can store your NR in it without a trigger lock, and you can store your ammo with it (even in loaded magazine, but don't load the magazine into the firearm).

>classes
As you've been shooting for some time already, the classes will be easy for you. You'll get plenty of time to practice with the various actions. Make sure you get a Restricted license so you can own pistols and ARs as well.
>>
>>31774769
Fuck yes I'm always so pleased when bongs immigrate to Canada. Getting your PAL is piss easy, but the courses get booked super quickly (atleast where I live). In the East Coast there's a lot of rural land, so you're more than welcome to go plinking in the woods with whatever non-restricted firearm you may buy (and there are quite a few nice ones).
One major low of Canadian gun laws is that generally, if the gun looks cool, you can't have it. Also, having to find Crown Land near cities can be a pain in the ass, as even places in bumfuck nowhere with no house in sight are private property. In that case, do like I do and get a quiet .22 and shoot there anyway, as long as you're shooting safely
>>
File: Suck it Utah.jpg (47KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
Suck it Utah.jpg
47KB, 300x412px
>>31774769
>can someone give me the highs and lows of what I'll need to know in terms of gun ownership over there?

Everything concerning firearms is better here than in the UK. You're welcome.

Welcome to the Last Best West, my pomey friend.
>>
>>31776700

>and shoot there anyway

Ever consider what happens if you're caught trespassing while in possession of a firearm?

What I do out here in Alberta is offer my services for pest control. A lot of farmers and ranchers want ground squirrels, badgers and rabbits removed but don't have the time to do it themselves. As long as you close gates behind you, tread lightly with vehicles, don't shoot fence posts or any other non-designated targets and don't leave shitloads of casings everywhere (even .22 LR), most people will invite you to come back anytime. If I just want to go out on the prairie to plink, I'll still find out who owns the land (info available at the county land office) and ask permission.
>>
File: canadacucks.jpg (377KB, 1951x1188px) Image search: [Google]
canadacucks.jpg
377KB, 1951x1188px
>>31776107
>canada
>77% white

>bongland
>88% white british, probably 90% white
>>
File: wm_3707843.jpg (22KB, 1024x170px) Image search: [Google]
wm_3707843.jpg
22KB, 1024x170px
fug i got a shotgun by accident
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.