[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buying a P229 Elite Stainless What am I getting myself into, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: killniggersgun.jpg (28KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
killniggersgun.jpg
28KB, 633x348px
>buying a P229 Elite Stainless

What am I getting myself into, /k/?
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>31772421
>What am I getting myself into, /k/?
A gun that has rivals for half the price. Don't do it.
>>
>>31772421
>buying a Jew gun
>>
>>31772421
hopefully stage 4 cancer

kys
>>
the wonderful world of the worst of the wonder nines
>>
>>31772421
So here's the thing. Look at that beavertail.
LOOK AT IT!

The 229 is a conceal carry gun, supposedly lol, but it's the short version of the 226, basically. I mean if you were never going to conceal it, you'd get a 226 but then SIG puts a beavertail spike of death on the top of it. Enjoy that thing poking you in the side all the time. Enjoy taking your shirt off and seeing a bruise there every day from the continuous poking.

SIG is retarded, their marketing is retarded. At least with that gun you don't have a lame aluminum frame but they still fucked it up.
>>
>>31772497
Exactamundo. You're a thriftless piece of shit if you buy that OP
>>
File: E29R-40-BSS-DAK-LARGE.jpg (23KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
E29R-40-BSS-DAK-LARGE.jpg
23KB, 633x348px
>>31772674
What if I were to get a P229 DAK?
>>
>>31772421
Sigs are Taurus tier now fuckface
P226 has had thousands of units recalled from many law enforcement agencies
>>
I'm not a fan of Sig ergos and controls, but some people love them. I also don't like the high bore axis, but some people don't mind. If you like how it shoots, do it. If you don't, don't do it.
>>
>>31772712
DAK = double action only
... dude, no.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>31772747
Alright, but what if I used it to shove it up my ass? Would it be effective?
>>
Get this bad boy it's fucking awesome and the green looks so clean. I get that Pablo Escobar uses the P229 in stainless on narcos but that's exactly why not to get it stainless is for 1911 display models and revolvers.
>>
File: m11a1.jpg (31KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
m11a1.jpg
31KB, 500x393px
>>31774014
forgot picture
>>
>>31774018
where can i find that olive anodized drab.. thats sexy as fuck.
>>
>>31774018
also I am an HK fanboy my two favorite guns are the USP 45 for my go to war and the P30SK for carry I also carry a G17 sometimes but the P30SK and now the M11A1 are nice for days with lighter clothing
>>
>>31774031
I got mine at my LGS so I am not sure where else you can get that color I am sure that your LGS would order it for you its a sig factory color so shouldn't be hard. Also I really like the trigger but I am huge fan of the HK LEM trigger which made swapping to Sig easier I first shot it at a sig sauer demonstration and it was suppressed and I loved the trigger and the way it felt bought it a week later. I really like the DA first shot for carry
>>
I have a 226, I like it but I spent too much on it. If you can get one used then yeah go for it, brand new costs too much.
>>
>>31772421
>2017
>Sig
>the bore axis height of a Roth-Steyr
>>
>>31774031
I paid $600 for that brand new so its worth the money in my opinion. I get great deals because I went to the same college as my lgs owner but I have no idea what your situation is and my gun was owned by a person for a week that returned it because they wanted a glock so I think they lost like $200 selling it back
>>
>>31774054
It's so strange but the the gun is really controllable especially with the new trigger they put in the M11-A1 it's really nice. Also it fits on my waist like a Glock 19 it's the way the guns are shaped/weighted they sit the same and they both hold 15 the e2 15 round mags for 229 fit in the M11-A1 and work great.
>>
>>31772712
The SIG DAK system is basically a 1.5 action only. The reciprocating slide does most of the work of recocking the hammer. You end up with a long, fairly light trigger stroke. HK LEM triggers work the same way. These systems are a stark contrast to the Beretta or old S&W double actions that leave the hammer fully down between shots. The SIG 250 works this way as well.

While not my thing, they are worth trying out.

Also, you can ignore nonsense like >>31772747. He probably handled a 250 once and thinks that he is now informed.
>>
>>31774138
It's definitely something people need to get used to but I really like it especially the HK LEM the bobbed hammers are really slick and I am never afraid of snagging it on a draw... the no decocker on the HK is a downside compared to the sig you have to rack the slide to decock
>>
>>31774236
here's it explained its super hard to understand without a visual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Go3bgtoj8
>>
>>31774249
So basically a DA/SA that auto decocks on fully releasing the trigger. Is this it?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.