[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some things that routinely trigger you when you see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

What are some things that routinely trigger you when you see firefights in TV or movies?

One thing is that the heroes never seem to reload unless it's to reinforce the concept that they're about to run out of ammo, after having sprayed and prayed the entire fight.

Or, if using a 1911, never switch down the safety as if they're always traveling with the safety disengaged

>pic related: agent thompson in the matrix both switched off his safety and reloaded, which apparently according to the wiki isn't common in the matrix movies
>>
>>31769252
>being so much of a manchild that you're "triggered" by a movie.

Retard.
>>
>>31769266
>>31769252

I mean it's not like OP's wrong in which that actions movies tend to have things that just are flat-out wrong about how guns are handled or portrayed, if you need any proof of that look at any thread involving TWD and see how it degenerates into how shit the show is because the creators fired their weapons consultant
>>
>>31769252
the matrix doesn't real

why would the g uns in matrix act as if they DOES real
>>
>>31769363

Because while they're computer-generated, everything in the Matrix is still bound by the Law of Physics.

But that's bullshit because it isn't real, so it's more like "Code that simulates the law of physics." And even morpheous said that while agents can take some liberties with it, like jumping really high and being really agile, they still are bound to physical constraints while in their form, so they pretty much have to do things like anyone else. Reload and switch off safeties and shit
>>
File: 1445727308589.jpg (112KB, 986x775px) Image search: [Google]
1445727308589.jpg
112KB, 986x775px
Movies are not reality. This confuses you.

Remove Hollywood from your life. That is the first step.
>>
in luke cage a guy shoots two .50 desert eagles with no recoil whatsoever and a guy shoots with two smg's with no recoild at all too
>>
>>31769407

>everything in the Matrix is still bound by the Law of Physics.

have you ever actually watched the matrix?
>>
File: 1475693434844.jpg (231KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475693434844.jpg
231KB, 1024x768px
>>31769407
>open up Codethatsimulatesthelawofphysics.txt.swf.gif
>find my model of firearm
>scroll down to magazine capacity variable
>insert larger number
>post this sick mod on Nexus
>>
File: 142532634.jpg (76KB, 851x422px) Image search: [Google]
142532634.jpg
76KB, 851x422px
sci fi movies that use futuristic looking irl guns instead of making cool prop guns.
>>
>>31769455

I've watched the matrix, and in the one of the very first fight scenes Morpheus tells Neo that the one strength they have is that there's a cap on how strong agents can get, while if Neo truly believes in himself enough he can bend the rules of the matrix to make himself stronger
>>
>>31769458

I kind of got the impression that the agents were like players in a multiplayer game: they they "spawned" with basically everything they needed typically but would run out eventually, because in that one subway fight like smith got the piss beaten out of him and he shot his DE to emptiness but when he like respawned in the train he took out yet another deagle brand deagle.

>Using Deagles to show how bad/powerful a bad guy is
>>
>>31769594
No, he says that Agents are bound by the rules of the Matrix, shit like gravity and so on, while Neo will be able to break these rules, which is why he's able to fly at the end.
>>
>>31769521

Or when they fucking mutilate existing relics and turn them into sci-fi weapons

RIP Enfields
>>
>>31769858

niqqa who cares, its not like we cant make new enfields.
>>
Ridiculous odds and nobody getting hurt

Pulp fiction touched on it when Seinfeld jumped out of the bathroom with a s&w 500
How does nobody ever get shot
Like every hero ever took proficiency in reflex and bullet dodge saving throws
>>
>>31769927

Nigga, these were Lee Enfields that took german blood and traveled across Europe on the back/hands of an Englishmen who cared for it. It's reward was to be bisected and have a fucking tube shoved on it
>>
>>31770021

cool dude, you've put psychological value on it, that doesn't change the fact that it can easily be replicated.
>>
>>31769629
But Agent Smith wasn't.
>>
>>31770033

You're replicating the design. Any nigga could replicate an StG44 if he has the right tools, but the real worth is when it was made and what it endured.
>>
>>31770033

do you know what "fungible" stands for?

historical relics aren't fungible.
>>
>>31770066
He totally was, until the end, when he was also able to ignore the rules either from assimilating the Muse or from just becoming so frigging potent. Just because he could copy himself didn't let him, to use an earlier example, fly after Neo when Neo flew away from him at the end of their big fight in Matrix 2.
>>
>>31770156
Well, not him but they totally are, because fungible means easily converted into money. And you can definitely convert historical relics into money, there are always people who will pay for them.
>>
>>31770550

no, that's comerciable

>(especially of goods) being of such nature or kind as to be freely exchangeable or replaceable, in whole or in part, for another of like nature or kind.
>(often pl) moveable perishable goods of a sort that may be estimated by number or weight, such as grain, wine, etc

Fungible means more or less "generic", something a historical piece is anything but.

it's a limited piece, it's unique, there's never going to be another world war two that matters exactly as much as that one. History, and time itself, are the most valuable things imaginable, because they can never be recovered in any way.
>>
Added sound effects. I can ignore everything else in the name of action, because stuff like John Woo movies are just badass. But when somebody draws a Glock and I hear a hammer cock it just ticks me off
>>
Bad gunfire sounds. It's hard to explain but after you hear enough rounds from a certain gun / caliber you just know.

Bad recoil acting. Usually not an issue for me but the other day I was watching something which i forget and in this one scene it was so over the top and unnatural took me out of the movie.
>>
racking sounds added in for effect.
>>
>shooting rifles indoors
>good guys talk to each other normally after the gunfight
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.