[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1SB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: M1SB.jpg (8KB, 326x278px) Image search: [Google]
M1SB.jpg
8KB, 326x278px
So /k/, I really want an M1SB. Should I start the paperwork journey now? Does anyone have any reason why I should save my money and spend it on something else?
>>
>>31767026
You should get a BAR instead.
>>
>>31767026
>a semi-auto tommy gun
Why even bother at that point
>>
>>31768038
this.

If you really want one, just save up $25k-$30k for the real deal.
>>
>>31768038
>>31768045

>$2500 vs $30k

Really guys?
>>
>>31768327
Yea, because a semi-auto thompson has no advantages to a SUB-2000 or other 9mm carbines.
>>
File: Screenshot_146[1].png (479KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_146[1].png
479KB, 466x466px
>>31768045
How is that even an argument?

Unless you are shitting actual money an actual USGI transferable M1A1 is completely out of the question.

>no advantages to a SUB-2000 or other 9mm carbines.

Do you have a scorching case of retardation or something? I don't know possibly for

>I'll take classic design that's historically significant, and is affordable for 400 Alex.

Basically for the same reason for owning a OH BAR, TNW MG34, M1919, Khar 1911A1 repro, Or fuck even a classic config semi only parts kit built AK.

Hey OP, I get you... and from what I was told, you first buy the gun because you need the serial number for the ATF SBR form. The hardest part is getting ppl to vouch for you. As it's a weird and awkward conversation to have with your neighbors...

>"Oh Hey Frank, can I ask you for a favor"
>"What annon"
> "Can I use you to vouch for me when the ATF calls?"
>"WHAT?"
>"Yeah I'm trying to buy a restricted weapon that is controlled by the federal Government, and they need to know If I'm crazy or a serial killer"
>"frank... where're you going??"

That is literally why I never took the NFA plunge myself
>>
>>31770003
What do you mean vouch for you?
Not busting on anyone but I'm on my fourth stamp and haven't done this or even thought of it.
>>
>>31767026
Honestly, if I really wanted a Thompson for whatever reason I'd probably just buy an airsoft one to wall mount. I don't see the point in spending $2500 on a semi-auto gimped rehash of a classic firearm. You can go buy a modern weapon that's better in every way for that money and if you really want to shoot a real Thompson you'd be better off road tripping to a place where you can rent a real one that is full auto like it's meant to be. All that being said, that's just what I'd do. You can buy whatever you want, buying guns is always good even if others think it's a dumb purchase.
>>
For purely practical reasons, no. It's heavy and semi-auto only, with fixed sights and no optics.
For that price, you could get 4 .45 HiPoint Carbines, 2 TNW Aero survival rifles/pistols or a $700-ish Just Right Carbine.
If you got the licensing, you could theoretically uncuck it with some jiggering (the original and repro designs are VERY similar), but I don't know if that's been done before. Though post-sample Thompsons do exist
>>
>>31771278

This is what I was looking at.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/firearms/thompson-m1sb.asp
>>
>>31771367
For a range toy, sure, if you can afford it. It could also make a decent small game/HD rifle, if you can handle the weight.
>>
>>31770003
>The hardest part is getting ppl to vouch for you. As it's a weird and awkward conversation to have with your neighbors...
>>
>>31770003
I know what you mean bro. I got through the 3 personal references part of the form 1 and finally convinced my CLEO to fudge the penis inspection (I was close enough), then after 5 months they sent a denial letter because my bloodwork came back negative.

It's insane what they make NFA buyers go through
>>
>>31771710
>denial letter because my bloodwork came back negative
Drugs?
>>
>>31771710
>>31771772
>>31770003

he's making up bullshit.
they only drug test trusts, not individuals
>>
>>31771798
Yeah, but what if you in a cucked state like New York and the LEO are dicks, then you have to set up a trust. Should I go through the NFA process to get an to get the serbu super shorty? AOWs are the only NFA items allowed here.
>>
>>31771885
Why do I always forget the r's on the end of your, I sound like a fucking spic.
>>
>>31771885
The joke is that >>31770003 has a bizarre misconception about how invasive the NFA process is, so a penis inspection and drug testing would seem totally normal to him

Anyway back to seriousposting, trusts are nearly pointless after the 41f rule change, you don't need CLEO approval to file as an individual now. Also maybe wait for the new mossberg compact cruiser, it's like a super shorty but mossberg factory warrantied and a tiny bit cheaper.
>>
File: pusheen.jpg (10KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
pusheen.jpg
10KB, 460x368px
>>31771646
Are you implying that its not hard to get random people to vouch for you to the alphabet agents over a automatic weapon? If so, you must have never met/talked to a real human being before

If you aren't implying that, then have this picture I saved.
>>
File: AO-Thompson M1.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
AO-Thompson M1.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>31767026
Just get the 16-inch barreled Thompson Carbine and SBR it yourself, it's gonna be way cheaper than buying the pre-made one from AO.
>>
>>31772210
>people to vouch for you to the alphabet agents over a automatic weapon
Where on the form 1/form 4 are you seeing anything remotely like this?
Do you think a fishing license needs people to "vouch" for you as well?
>>
>>31772938

I don't have the means to SBR it myself properly, so i'd have to pay for someone to do it anyway.
>>
>>31772003
>trusts are nearly pointless
If you are the only one ever touching them, and your executor will be destroying them, then, I suppose you may be right.
>>
>>31774115
It would still be cheaper, the M1SB is kind of a rip-off since including the $200 tax stamp fee, it's going to end up being around $2000. I got my Thompson TM1 model for under $1000 and a new 10.5" barrel would be only about $130, getting someone to install it wouldn't be that much more. I plan on SBRing mine in the future since changing out the barrels isn't that difficult compared to most rifles and I have all the necessary tools to do so.
>>
>>31772938
>as a Canadian I would still buy this as an acceptable non-restricted weapon
>oh wait it's fucking Canada and they're banned by name

How does a Canadian even live out a Roland fantasy, fuck me. I mean we have those $600 conversion kits for 10/22's but they just aren't worth it for me. This country sucks sometimes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.