[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does k think of side chargers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

What does k think of side chargers?
>>
File: 1436612718001.jpg (327KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1436612718001.jpg
327KB, 700x1690px
>>31762791
>>
>>31762791
>What does k think of side chargers?

Generally not ambi.
But side chargers in AR15s do prevent most of the gas leakage from the receiver since it had no rear charging handle. So it could be a good feature on suppressed guns.

JP makes a few good ones.
>>
>>31762858

Brother, the Mk.VII Bolter and any other slug projectile weapons are side charging. Also, glory to Chaos.
>>
>>31762879
>not ambi
who gives a fuck
Lefties are better off learning or adapting to righty controls then putting on lefty controls to a weapon
If the weapon was designed with lefty controls, then train around that, but don't go putting a ton of unneeded crap on an AR15
>>
>>31762791
Keep em non reciprocating and we won't have a problem.
>>
>>31763016
>Lefties are better off learning or adapting to righty controls then putting on lefty controls to a weapon

Eye dominance is the deciding factor for long gun usage. A righty with left eye dominance is better off shooting lefty because it lowers strain and fatigue.

There's no real excuse not to design an ambi gun nowadays.
>>
>>31763088
Left handed people are evil anyway
Just look at Obama
>>
>>31762879
Which side the handle is on only matters for something like a G3 where the charging handle is closer to the muzzle than the chamber. AKs and FALs work for either hand.
>>
>>31763016
Holy shit, this. I have people ask me to teach them how to use ARs all the time, and I swear half of them are somehow left handed. Worse are the ones who are cross-dominant lefties and still insist on shooting left handed.

All of them seem to start out with the delusion that whatever branch of the military they are joining will give them a special snowflake lefty rifle.

I usually try to get them to the point that they can reliably engage the cheap IPSC targets I use out to 200m while shooting from either shoulder.
>>
>>31763016
>don't go putting a ton of unneeded crap on an AR15
>Side charger thread
>>
>>31763503
>Holy shit, this. I have people ask me to teach them how to use ARs all the time, and I swear half of them are somehow left handed.

Eye dominance is the important bit. Left or right handed doesn't matter all that much. Hell, switching hands actually helps since the support hand is generally more stable that way. Makes for better triggercontrol anyway.

Shooting irons with both eyes open with your non-dominant eye on the other hand is extremely fucking stressful for many peoples' eyes, so there's certainly a case for switching that. Not all people can train to switch eye dominance (those who can, probably should since it makes life easier).
When your other eye is too weak compared to the dominant eye, your brain won't allow retraining, even with glasses. For me specifically, I have slight scarring on my right eyeball which when stressed blurs the image. So it's not an option.

>All of them seem to start out with the delusion that whatever branch of the military they are joining will give them a special snowflake lefty rifle.

They'll have to make do with what they get.
But I'd still shoot lefty with stock AR15. That however doesn't mean that your range rifle cannot be tailored to your actual needs. Most people will never join the army and will never be forced into battle with a rifle in the first place.
>>
>>31763647
And if someone were to ever explain that home defense was an important use for their AR, I would still insist on getting them to the point of at least shooting ambidextrously, if for no other reason than controlling their corners.

I should add that my (left) dominant eye has become so near-sighted that I can only realistically shoot 5-10m without eyeglasses and scores 20/180. Obviously, most shooters are not going to have the same limitations as you or I.
>>
>>31763738
>And if someone were to ever explain that home defense was an important use for their AR, I would still insist on getting them to the point of at least shooting ambidextrously, if for no other reason than controlling their corners.

No discussion there. Even if you have an AUG you should still learn to shoot left handed to be able to use it that way if needed. It's no different for the AR15.
>>
>>31763761
Well, shit. I don't know what we were even disagreeing about.

>>31762791
As for side chargers, the idea is fine, with often questionable execution. In a range toy, anything goes, but I would prefer either a forward assist or a reciprocating charging handle that can be used to force the rifle into battery if need be.

Most of my experience with side changers was two American Spirit rifles and both were irredeemable shit heaps as shipped. Once properly timed, they were okay. They had other issues, like the one being in 308Win with a 16" barrel, carbine length gas system, with an eBay grade gas block and buffer. It shot like shit and only cycled 180+ gr factory ammo, but the owner didn't want to do anymore than get it working to sell it off.
>>
>>31763046
But reciprocating handles aren't a problem. Only retards think they are.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>31762879
>gas leakage
>>
>>31763896
I don't think they are a problem I just don't like them
>>
File: 1.jpg (358KB, 1153x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
358KB, 1153x2048px
Sexual
>>
Like every time someone posts this stupid shit. The handle is way too far back on the receiver.
>>
>>31763016
Lefty here, side chargers are amazing for us. AK style rifles are perfect because of this.

I laugh at you right handed faggots giving AK's reach around's trying to rack the bolt.
>>
anywhere to get a decent side charging upper that isn't overly expensive?
>>
File: arfcom-in-the-70's.jpg (407KB, 1280x940px) Image search: [Google]
arfcom-in-the-70's.jpg
407KB, 1280x940px
>>31763541
>a different upper means building Arfcom monstrosities
>>
>>31763994
New Frontier Armory has them from time to time that cost a little more than a billet upper, plus parts kit and a decent CH like bcm.
>>
>>31763953
We laugh at you getting brass to the face
>>
side changing basically ruins one of the best aspects about the platform (relatively sealed off internals)
>>
>>31764345

that would be such a bitch to have to use
>>
File: IMG_7520.jpg (2MB, 1284x4006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7520.jpg
2MB, 1284x4006px
>>31762791
The Gibbz is pretty good.
>>
File: IMG_7166.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7166.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31765407
Yet to shoot it but it function tests no problem with both p and hexmags
>>
File: IMG_7165.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7165.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31765425
>>
>>31762791
If I had the budget I would build exclusively side charging ARs
>>
>>31762791

I like that idea
>>
>>31765407
>>31765425
>>31765446
go back to your fucking containment thread
>>
>>31765425
>>31765446
I don't understand why it doesnt have a fucking dustcover
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.