[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guns you hate that /k/ loves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: PTR91.jpg (44KB, 633x401px) Image search: [Google]
PTR91.jpg
44KB, 633x401px
Post guns that you have grown to dislike, that /k/ generally endorses.

Qualifier: You must own or have owned said gun to shit on it itt

Mine is the PTR 91.

>have to slap it/manhandle it otherwise FTF
>xboxhueg stupid folding cocking lever
>chamber flutes fuck up the brass before the ejection dents the brass to finish it off
>rear iron sight is shit
>Weak charges will stove pipe
>bullets over 190 grains can cause excessive recoil and shake the next bullet out of the magazine in front of the bolt causing a double fed or have a cartridge folded in half by the bolt face as it turns sideways.
>>
>>31761705
>>have to slap it/manhandle it otherwise FTF
>>xboxhueg stupid folding cocking lever
>>chamber flutes fuck up the brass before the ejection dents the brass to finish it off
>>rear iron sight is shit
>>Weak charges will stove pipe
Just stop being a pussy/manlet.
>>
NINETY
I
N
E
T
Y

ONE
N
E

/

THIRTY
H
I
R
T
Y
>>
>>31761705
>a cartridge folded in half by the bolt face as it turns sideways.
sounds metal
>>
>>31761844
This so much. Mine gave me way too many problems, wouldnt shoot straight for shit, and dear jebus the trigger creep.
Only thing it was good for was javelin practice because fuck reloading.
>>
>>31761820
are you a girl pls respond
>>
The ar15. I own a few. I worked for a manufacturer, too...I just could never bring my self to fall in love with em'.

I think my hate for them is from seeing to many safe queen owners. "I blemished my deflector", "if it doesn't shoot under 1inch groups, its garbage". It just doesn't stop. Between my ar15's and my arsenal ak, my favorite gun still ends up being my Yugo sks. Its righteous to have a gun you love but still love even if it goes down a fucking mountain.
>>
Pistols with finger grooves.

Sold my G19 Gen 4 and VP9 because I eventually just got sick of the finger grooves. I guess it's an issue specific to people with big hands though.
>>
File: IMG_1056.jpg (147KB, 858x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1056.jpg
147KB, 858x719px
Hk P30
>meh trigger for $800
>shit for iwb especially in hotter months when grip is up against skin
>15rds but bigger than a glock 19
>shitty glow paint night sights
>mine choked on shitty monarch steel cased ammo which my sig and glock ate like champs

The only positive was I really like the decocker placement
>>
>>31761705
FAL.
>>
>>31762088
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>31762071

Meh trigger for $$$$$$$?

It's like you just described EVERY FUCKING HK PISTOL.
>>
File: 20160520_173414.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160520_173414.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
The M44 Carbi-Nugget
>awful trigger
>despite thoroughly cleaning the bolt and chamber, still have to slap the bolt hard to extract casings
>shitty steel case ammo splits at the neck every 5th round, aggravating above issue
>better make sure your interrupter spring is perfect otherwise it jams like a Vietnam M16
>after like 20 rounds, the folded bayonet gets so hot that you need to curl your fingers to hold the handguard or use gloves to deploy it
The funny thing is that I find all of the above endearing in a way, which makes me love the rifle even more. As if the stupid noise and fireball weren't enough.
>>
>Yugo SKS

Got one and got a 1942 Lee Enfield No4 mk1 with it for free. I really didn't like it, awful trigger and had to get a gas valve because the old one was corroded. Sold it a year later.

>Glock 19

Had this for all of 3 months, hated the grip angle and stock sights. Was harder to conceal than my USPc45, so I traded it for cash and ammo. No huge loss, coworker sold it to me for a pittance.
>>
>>31762158
Glock

Literally the Honda Civic of guns- reliable as hell, their owners genuinely believe they are the best guns ever, hideously basic- and I will never own either.
>>
>>31761705
>Glocks
>Ugly plastic garbage
>Anyone with a brain would buy a 1911 instead.
Come at me glockniggers.
>>
>>31761844
/k/ hates Mosins, you idiot
>>
>>31761705
Never had any of these problems with my PTR91. You must be a manlet.
>>
>>31762130
Complaining about the awful trigger, shitty ammo, and sticky bolt is like bitching about your glock because it's plastic. It's the nature of the beast.

Also

>Not extending your bayonet every time you shoot

git gud
>>
>>31761705
>rear iron sight is shit
low tier bait
>>
>>31762712
This. Anyone who can't appreciate a nugget for what it is is a faggot.
>>
>>31761820
>>31762124
>>31762697
>>31762705
>>31762712
>>31762725
>>31762728

TOP kek, the babbies pop out right away and white knight the guns that someone else doesn't like

WAHH you must be manlet
wahh it is really good gun don't tarnish my image of this fine firearm!

all of my heartiest lols
>>
>>31761705
Never owned one.Friend has one that he took a loss on just to be rid of it. His wouldn't shoot surplus ammo reliably. Nothing but light strikes. Had many of the same issues you did. I shot it twice and that was enough for me to never want one.

>>31761918
Or the constant, "why did you buy something in 5.56 that isn't an AR? You paid twice what I paid. You're stupid." I think most ARs are built as a pissing contest and are taken to a range once or twice just to show people their fancy custom built AR. At least AK fans will shoot theirs.
>>
>>31764076
Basically the point of this thread.

Did you expect honest introspection or something?
>>
>>31761705
Beretta M9/92F
>trigger is really pretty fucking bad (long AF and heavier than shit in DA, creepy and still pretty heavy in SA)
>15rd Beretta mags hold about 4 fewer rounds than the frame should be capable of, 18rd Promags are unreliable out-of-spec pieces of shit, 18rd Beretta mags cost half what the gun did each
>extremely picky on ammo, mine would only reliably feed with 124gr FMJ NATO loads (would short stroke with the weaker Remington 124gr), 147gr Gold Dots literally didn't even chamber fully when manually inserted into chamber
>locking block kept shearing, which would be "fixed" under warranty by them installing a new untempered locking block because apparently all the good/fix'd ones were used for warranty work on the military M9's and the civilian 92FS/92G. I don't think I ever got more than 700rds between locking block shears.

Sig P226 X-Five
>hurr Sig's have great triggers! Not. Extremely long, mine the trigger shoe literally had to touch the back of the trigger well before it would fire. Literally over an inch of travel, and it was way too heavy for a target pistol (6.5lbs). This is literally inexcusable on a single-action $2500 target pistol with supposedly a factory trigger job.
>>
>>31761918
Well to be fair, with even cheapshit ammo there's no excuse for an AR15 to not be (mechanically capable of being) a 1 MOA gun. Few people can shoot them that well, and with something like a red dot aiming error is a contributing factor but the gun should be able to do it.

Personally I get pissed at the people who couldn't keep 10 shots on a paper plate at 50 yards going "well it's good enough to blast my durr so it should be good enough for everybody under any circumstances", or the people with a 4 MOA AK or SKS saying it's combat capable to 400+m.
>>
>>31764195
I think the trigger in the PX4 is better than the trigger on the 92.
>>
File: oh no ernie.jpg (30KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh no ernie.jpg
30KB, 720x720px
>>31761705
When you have multiple pages of threads about how to solve FTF issues on brand new rifles you know there is room for improvement that never was implemented; things like fluting and mag release gets changed over time but the basic design is still crude even though "but it's such an advanced roller lock system!"

The PTR-91 is built to be forcefully handled, kind of like that guy who never shuts up at work and the only thing he understands is brute force.

It is not "hard" to make a PTR-91 work, but the charging handle release slap promotes catch wear and you end up stuck doing this on some of them, it's a lottery rifle, you may have one that you can pull back and release to charge (like the manual says to do) and you may have one you NEED to slap or you will have a FTF.

With every slap comes corner wear on the little tiny dab of metal that serves as the catch. It's overbuilt and underbuilt at the same time.
>>
>>31764226
Agreed. While they don't really fit me, the PX4 is an extremely underrated pistol.
>>
>>31764239
It really is. Has great ergos, a great trigger, feels pretty solid, and isn't overly expensive. Beretta really should have marketed them better.
>>
>>31764229
>on the little tiny dab of metal that serves as the catch
I don't have a PTR/HK91 but I do have an HK93. No FTF issues but my charging handle rod is sloppy enough it will occasionally flop around enough to catch the tab and lock open with rounds still in the mag.

And yeah, I'm gonna have to have that tab re-welded before I hit 3000 rounds on the gun, it's already significantly rounded over and I'm not even to 1k rounds yet. And yes, it's a legit HK and not a parts rifle/clone.
>>
HK416.

SCAR is a better rifle.

HK just outprices them and is better butt-buddies with all the major politicians.
>>
>>31764220
I understand. I feel an ar should do well enough at a hundred. I prefer 16 inch barrels mainly for hiking one is a 1/7 I use with 68 and 75 grain loads that does well enough. I don't need amazing accuracy, and even an inch to inch and a half at 100 is fine for popping a varmint.

As for ak/sks...I have had great success with yugos. My arsenal ak can shoot under 2 inches all day but it doesn't bother me that's the limit.
>>
>>31764076
Fuck off Alex, nobody likes you
>>
File: 20161019_154112.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_154112.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>31764467
I guess I'm just an accuracy whore. I will spend hundreds of dollars in parts/labor and thousands of dollars in ammo/reloading components trying to get all my rifles sub-MOA.

So far I've succeeded but I'd hate to guess how many 1-1.5 MOA guns I've dicked with to do it.
>and even an inch to an inch and a half at 100 is fine for popping a varmint
Not where I am (though wind is the bigger factor). I'll make a day of shooting prairie dogs and I'll take multiple rifles from a .22mag through .300wm so I can blow them up at anywhere from 20-700yds. When your target's at most 4" wide, a 1.5 MOA gun will miss occasionally even if you do everything right at 300m.
>>
File: 20160522_223545.jpg (605KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160522_223545.jpg
605KB, 2048x1152px
>>31764467
Your rifles will probably shoot tighter than you can. AR's can be extremely accurate.

This was shot with my SPR.
>>
>>31764650
>>31764601
Nice. You guys experience much barrel break in? I think the biggest disappointment I have had is my Ruger American ranch in 300 blackout. That barrel doesn't seem to want to settle down and it shoots well using Barnes and hornady loads but that stupid thing doesn't strike the primers very hard and both seem to be using harder primers compared to everyone else. Lol sorry off topic.
>>
>>31761918
Same, for pure enjoyment i like my SKS more than my AR.
>>
>>31765253
Every barrel's a little different. Some take a while to settle in, others seem to be shooters from round 1 on.

I do think that the quality/concentricity of the face of your receiver and your barrel extension play a big part in it. My most accurate AR got some serious lovin' when I assembled it: I trued off the face of the receiver on a lathe, used a BAT Machining barrel extension which I checked for concentricity (they advertise as true to 0.0001" and they are), and a semicustom Krieger barrel.
>the pic I posted was shot with a Lothar Walther button-rifled 4150CMV
>>
>>31761705
Even Ian hates the G3.
>>
>>31764076
Your youtube channel is shit
>>
>AR-15
>It's the Axe body spray of fire arms.
>>
FAL
>unbalanced
>unergonomic
>incredibly stiff left hand charging handle, awkward to operate
>inaccurate
>shitty options for optic mounting
>ripoff at $1600
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.