[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a life time concealed carry next week and looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 280x180px
Getting a life time concealed carry next week and looking to get my first handgun. Self and home defense. I was thinking a glock, but I see everyone talk shit on glock over at /pol/.

What is best for home defense? Looking to spend $500-$700. Assuming I should go 9mm, but open to other suggestions.
>>
>>31759854
I have a glock 19, and its perfectly fine.

Having said that Springfield xdm isn't a bad choice, I've shot a few and like them. I'd go to various gun stores and finger fuck various guns. Price check them and go look online to make sure there not fucking you over like Gander Goddamn Mountain.
>>
Get a SIG p320. It has a few kit options that you can swap parts for that will allow you to have access to several different calibers.
>>
File: CZ_75_Compact.jpg (896KB, 1356x996px) Image search: [Google]
CZ_75_Compact.jpg
896KB, 1356x996px
>>31759854
This is what I bought for my first handgun. I conceal carry it as well. I went to a local gun show and probably held 50+ pistols and when I held this I knew it was meant to be.
>>
>>31759889
Thanks - I was thinking about the 19.

Springfield makes fucking beautiful guns. I love the 1911, but that might be overkill for what I need.
>>
>>31759889
Springfield xdm is flimsy, the frame flexes way too much when it's disassembled
>>
I just submitted my app for CC in NY, im dead set on an FNX45 for home def and as a range toy and a Glock 36 for CC. The FNX has rail to mount a lighy, comes with 3 factory mags, and has a 15 round capacity for a 45.
>>
>>31759932
He didn't say a 1911
>>
>>31759951
Yeah, I know. But I was just looking at the dealers page for Springfield and the 1911 caught my eye.
>>
>>31759889
>>31759854
Glock 19 is the do everything handgun. Relatively cheap, reliable, no frills, decent everything out of the box (some complain about the sights but imo they aren't terrible and if you're planning on getting one for home defense you should swap out for tritium sights anyways).

They're honestly great for the price. Large enough that they still shoot well but small enough to conceal with a good holster, high enough capacity that you don't need to carry extra mags... Just ignore the lol 9mm and glock fanboy memes and buy one. They are $400 for military/LEO and $600 civilian retail.
>>
File: IMG_7601.jpg (953KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7601.jpg
953KB, 2448x2448px
Any recommendations for a good ccw holster for a glock 22? Just picked it up a few days ago and came with 5 glock mags and a cheap uncle mike concealed carry holster(not plastic) it's just some fabric

>tfw scared to carry one in the chamber cause of the holster
>>
>>31759953
It'll do that. But get a 19, love mine but love my 26 a little more tbqh
>>
>>31759889
Another vote for the 19 here. Bought it because it's low maintenace and I'm lazy, feeds everything I give it and have had no problems. CC every day in an OWB holster. No picture because mobile unfortunately.
>>
>>31759975
Alien Gear for price/performance ratio, Stealthgear for best premium holster.
>>
>>31759942
Pretty sure you meant KY.
>>
>>31760013
Not that anon but I thought it was just NYC that won't issue CCL and rest of NY you could
>>
>>31759854
The G19 is the new preferred special forces gun now
>>
>>31759975
Glock 19 guy here, I have an LAG holster, useable for both IWB and OWB. I'm sure there are better brands but I like mine.
>>
>>31760023
The guy's talking about an FNX-45 like he could actually get one. Maybe the upstate cucks rebelled enough to change the law, but I thought the SAFE Act basically limited everyone to revolvers and 1911s.
>>
File: 295.gif (1MB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
295.gif
1MB, 400x312px
Thanks everyone - seems like glock 19 is the way to go. I'll hold and it make sure it's comfortable, and if so that's the one I'll go with.
>>
>>31760077
Also if you feel they are too slick/slippery you can get grips online for super cheap
>>
>>31760013

Nah I meant NY. Ill have my liscence to carry unrestricted in about 4-5 months. this state just sucks on what you can own. No pistol ars, no guns over 50oz loaded, no threaded barrels. Its bullshit however LE in upstate NY are really bro tier about CC.

By upstate I mean not NYC.
>>
>>31760073

FNX45s are good to go dood. They sell them at cabelas 20mins from my house. I could buy a Fiveseven if I wanted. 10 round mags exist for them just for those cucked states out there
>>
>>31760102
Aren't you limited to 10 rounds and have to have the threads removed?
>>
>>31760131

Yes. But thats an easy fix afterwards if one was so inclined. Threaded barrels are useless anyways, especially here since NY is not an NFA freindly state
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.