[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colt LE6920 AR15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: LE6920-alt1.jpg (235KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LE6920-alt1.jpg
235KB, 1200x1200px
Family friend is looking to offload one of these and is only asking $800 for the rifle and 500 rounds of ammo.

I have a full gun safe right now and the only reason I could see to purchase it is to make a 500-700 yard target rifle out of it. I'm not versed in AR's well enough to know how much it would cost to make it such other than the optics.

How much more would I have to pay to make it a decent target rifle and what parts need swapped to do so?
>>
>>31757148
At a very minimum...

Barrel replaced with longer and heavier target barrel $250-$350
Gas system replaced with rifle-length to reduce parts wear $15
Stock replaced for better cheekweld (optional) $50
Free float handguard $50-$200
Front sight post replaced with gas block to allow lower optics mounting $25 or use dremel to chop off front sight $0
High quality match trigger $250

So approximately $570-$900 not including a few hours labor either your own doing or that of a gunsmith.
>>
>>31757148
shitty deal
better give us his contact info
>op wanting to fuck up a perfectly fine colt
>>
It's already more accurate than you
>>
>>31757148
>entry level AR
>16" barrel
>you're pleb enough to use .223
>500-700 yards

holy fuck dude stop
>>
That's the extreme range of that rifle. You could do it, but not very well. By time you'd modified it enough to shoot well, you'll have replaced most of the rifle. Might as well start from scratch.
>>
How much you spend is up to you fool, gucci taste on rails and shit but it is a hell of a good price if it comes with 500 rds.
>>
Rifle alone is retailing for $1k at most places right now, lowest I've seen online is $800 in the last few years for sales on smaller sites to drive traffic to them.

You're getting a Colt and ammo for bottom dollar.

I'd jump on that unless there' something wrong with it.

You need a scope to shoot that distance and zero it. Don't listen to these faggots about putting match grade shit in it unless you're a competition shooter but chances are you'll only be shooting this gun at 100-300 yd ranges most of the time anyway so just enjoy it and get it
>>
File: 1440781052038.jpg (40KB, 341x298px) Image search: [Google]
1440781052038.jpg
40KB, 341x298px
>>31758368
>OP asks for 500-700 yard target modifications
>don't listen to these faggots you'll only shoot it at 100-300
>>
>>31757688
Dumb no-gun faggot , the post.
>>
>>31758542

The M4 is really only designed to be reasonably accurate out to 300 yards with a factory CHF barrel. Anything past that 300y mark in in rifle length territory unless you're Jerry Miculek tier
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.