[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First hangun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: fnx 45.jpg (40KB, 644x500px) Image search: [Google]
fnx 45.jpg
40KB, 644x500px
Purely as a range gun, because commie Canada, how is the fnx 45? A local store has one for around $720 USD

Should I go with something in 9mm instead?
>>
$720 sounds pretty good for FNX, I would go with that because they are cool as shit
>>
>>31755084

Go to a gun store and find a gun you like.
Pretty much anything in that price range, or even $200 lower is fine.

And don't listen to what /k/ says.
90-95% of the things they say are wrong.
>>
Glock 34
Glock 35
Glock 17
Glock 19
Springfield xd 9mm 5"/4"
Smith and Wesson M&P(hate these but to each his own)
Ruger SR9(surprisingly not a bad gun)

Recommendations roughly in that order

t. shooting range employee, sold a bazillion guns. Shot most of them
>>
Its a solid gun. I got the 9mm for 500 used. I love it because I shoot wrong handed and the ambi safety is nice
>>
>>31755084
>Purely as a range gun
Nonsense. Get yourself a shoulder holster or good deep concealment holster and practice.
>>
File: 1458865386235.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458865386235.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31755084
will never be as aesthetic as the USP
>>
>>31755084

Get an FNS9, anon. The FNS40 mags work in them and hold like 17 9mm rounds.
>>
>>31755084
One of the most accurate pistols I've shot, and most fun. It's also my nightstand gun. I have nothing but good to say about it.
>>
>>31755084
I got one of the sweet 1st Gen FNP 45s, sweet gun, carry it often as well. You will not be disappointed.
>>
>>31755840
Rcmp pls go
>>
>>31755602
why the m&p h8 m8?
>>
>>31757494

Nah that dude actually does illegally CC a Tokarev in Canada.
>>
>>31757642
Oh I know

He also tells people to open carry a webley because technically it's legal even though you'll still probably get charged with some other "disturbing the peace" nonsense because horse cops hate that we own guns
>>
>>31757672
No, I don't. Up here, you can get away with CCing easily, but OC, while mostly legal, is begging for trouble.
>>31757642
I'll likely be doing that less, once I get a good P99 holster made. Pity I can't find one of those BA-6 lasers.
>>
>>31755840
dude lives in Canada I doubt he can cc
>>
>>31759268

There's what you can legally do and what you can get away with.
>>
>>31755084
If you can rent one and shoot it, do that first. I bought my CZ85b >>31758132 because
>felt good to hold
>felt good to shoot
>>
>>31757616
Trigger is awful, not big on the sights (shape,really not paint pattern) but also _how_ the gun kicks. Just doesn't vibe
>>
>>31755084
I'd recommend it personally. It's my carry gun, and also probably one of my favorite handguns to shoot now. That magazine capacity goes a long way towards making it really fun to shoot at the range. For my money, the only two .45's that outlcass it are the USP (barely) and the Mark 23. I also say this as a die hard 1911 fan.

If you pressed me on cons.
>Finish isn't that amazing, it will come off fast
>Mags are stubborn, and took some time to break in
>Had to really slap the magazine into it if I was loading with one in the chamber
>Press checking will very slightly scrape the brass of the top round in your mag (this seemed to stop after about 200 rounds)
>>
>>31759777
Also, to amend my statement about the finish, it doesn't just go to shit all at once, but I noticed holster wear a bit faster than I would have expected. But the worn aesthetic looks great on it.
>>
>>31755084
I have some experience with the fns9 and they're pretty similar. The only thing i don't like about it would be the plastic guards around the slide lock mechanism. It just makes it a little difficult to work, especially if it'll be your first handgun. Great for ambidextrous purposes though since the slide lock and mag release will be on both sides
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.