[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adler shotgun ban stays.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 14

The Adler shotgun is banned in Australia, this is due to the Greenie lefty anti-gun politicians. This is a sign of the times when concerned anti-gun women are allowed to appear on TV talking about their worries about this rapid fire 5 shot weapon.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/whats-all-the-fuss-about-the-adler-a110-shotgun/news-story/7e08335ea47b3575dab0d3d5ea3c38af
>>
Nicer picture.
>>
File: 1477019583984.jpg (55KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1477019583984.jpg
55KB, 577x577px
>>31751637
>>31751642
Not even ausfags deserve this fate.
>>
>>31751637
It's your fault for not raising your voice and protesting this.
>>
Why did it get banned? How? Under the law, it was totally legal. Is this literally just some "my feelings, my feelings!" bullshit where people got mad because it just looked like a pump action?
>>
>>31751669
Because it can fire up to seven rounds very fast and this is scary to lefties. Because it could be used in a mass shooting like Columbine.
>>
>>31751675
Authoritarians are scum. This is going to happen to America too, one day, right?
>>
>>31751684
yes, because of people like this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-10/decision-on-adler-shotgun-ban-still-under-review/7311912
>>
>>31751684
At least Americans can buy this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/592961042
>>
>>31751694
We've got a choice between two big candidates, one of whom doesn't respect the 2nd and 4th amendments, and the other of whom doesn't respect the 1st or 4th. Shit looks really bad. Is there any chance of getting out from under the jackboot, or is the future just fucked?
>>
Last year a survivor of the Port Arthur shootings, Carolyn Loughton, launched a petition calling for heavy restrictions to be placed on the gun, a lever-action firearm capable of shooting eight rounds in as many seconds.

Ms Loughton lost her 15-year-old daughter Sarah in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur on April 28, 1996, and was terribly injured herself.

She still requires surgery 20 years later from a bullet wound to the shoulder.

Until recently she had not given much thought to gun control, thinking the issue had been dealt with in 1996.

It was only after seeing a story on the ABC's 7.30 about the imminent arrival of the Adler shotgun in Australia that she was galvanised, starting her petition and contacting politicians.

"The news report stopped me in my tracks," Ms Loughton said.

"The person firing that gun had earphones on, it was very, very rapid fire.

"You can't run that fast. It was truly, truly frightening."
>>
>>31751684
>This is going to happen to America too, one day, right
Then the Union will dissolve, Australia doesn't have the 2nd Amendment which is why they can arbitrarily do this to you and why leftist are trying to create thier fiefdoms separate from America

>>31751723
Do you think the press is honest? WikiLeaks is the press, not large corporations with hoards of leftist liberal arts degree idiots under thier employ. That being said it's a shame Rand wasn't strong enough to bust past the primaries.
>>
File: alleged bigfoot photo.jpg (61KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
alleged bigfoot photo.jpg
61KB, 960x540px
>>31751725
>The person firing that gun had earphones on
THE HORROR!
>>
>>31751637
Get your shit right dumbass. The 7 shot version is banned from import. Can still get the 5 shot and then extend the magazine when you have it depending on what state you are in.
>>
>>31751725
Fuck you, Carolyn
>>
>allowing women to have a say
Women ALWAYS vote security over liberty.
>guns will grant us freedom
This will not sway the female mind.
>I will protect you using guns
This will sway her mind.

The Australian woman thinks that armed men in uniform provide better protection than her family's men which is why she votes for gun control. Aussie gun owners need to speak loud and clear to convince the female Aussie that an armed civilian population will keep her safe from violence and poverty.

Women can not understand freedom the same way a man can not understand being under protection.
>>
>>31751797
>Women ALWAYS vote security over liberty.

They certainly do have a history of doing this stupid bullshit. Prohibition is a good example.
>>
File: 1472260228140.jpg (22KB, 550x333px) Image search: [Google]
1472260228140.jpg
22KB, 550x333px
>>31751797
>mfw I'm a woman and a libertarian
>>
>>31751637
It scares the shit outta me to look at Australia. You have a country with a strong rural culture and gun laws just as good as America, and in a mere 20 years it gets cucked to hell and back where the pussified out of touch coastal cities rule the country with an iron fist and fucking lever actions are now on the chopping block because of irrational fee-fees.
>>
>>31751840
Considering the VP choice you guys made get fucked.
>>
>>31751840
Need more female libertarians to destroy the libertarian stereotype set by the Tea Party faggots.
>>
>>31751637
but it's only an import ban right?

so the people who have already bought them can keep them?

liberals have a really hard time with consistancy
>>
>>31751896
The ban only covers models with magazines over 5 rounds.
>>
>>31751840
Hi Lauren
>>
>>31751840
Well then you are a statistical anomaly, just like mass shootings.
>>
File: luty smg.jpg (49KB, 639x493px) Image search: [Google]
luty smg.jpg
49KB, 639x493px
Ausfriends thank me later.
http://thehomegunsmith.com/
>>
This will happen to the US someday too. California is already banning ARs and AKs and the bullet button loophole is done for.

I only own a mossberg pump action shotgun because I thought it will be the last line of firearms to be banned. I only bought it incase shit happens. I don't believe a zombie apoc will actually happen but if it somehow does I don't want to be totally unarmed.
>>
>>31751933
so what is everyone complaining about then?

>buy 5 round adler (legal)
>make a seven round tube (not sure if legal?)
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 620x372px
>>31751637
Fucking hell. This "MUH FEELINGS" bullshit is the reason I've done a fucking 180 politically and moved to QLD. Tones was a political joke but at least he wasn't a SJW faggot.
>>
>this is due to the Greenie lefty anti-gun politicians.
Fuck off, this is due to the Liberals, plain and simple.
>>
>>31751981
No boolitz doe
>>
>>31751637
>this rapid fire 5 shot weapon
Here(Greece) you are not allowed to use a 5-shot weapon for hunting
Something about "giving the prey some chance to escape" if you fuck up
That being said, 5-shot shotguns are not illegal only obliged to have a piece of medal inside the mag that prevents more than 2 shells inside (+1 chambered)
>>
>>31751982
>California is already banning ARs and AKs and the bullet button loophole is done for.

Hey, so did New York and Connecticut, which is why there are no more deadly salt rifles in either of those states, oh wait...
>>
The writings on the wall cunts. You should see the way people look at you when they find out you own guns.
>>
>>31752002
A lot of places in the U.S. have that as a rule as well, you either have five shot mags for weapons with removable magazines, or for things like shotguns, if the tube mag can hold more than five, you stick a piece of cork or a dowel in the tube so it will only hold five.
>>
>>31752002
>>31751637

>http://www.news.com.au/technology/whats-all-the-fuss-about-the-adler-a110-shotgun/news-story/7e08335ea47b3575dab0d3d5ea3c38af

Wait I just read the article
It is not even semi-auto what the fuck
Are semi autos banned in Australia?
>>
Per the MSM ( not a trustworthy source of info) the state police ministers couldn't agree on a new classification.
This is a good thing. It means an attempt to ram through changes to the NFA to make things worse is not likely to succeed.
>>
>>31752006
So true it is why I tell no one even family and I only own a single firearm. If the US didn't have so many redneck states I would think guns be banned long ago. Gun owners screaming muh 2nd constitutional right but the Liberals don't care if it doesn't apply to their agenda.
>>
>>31751994
He was a SJW faggot of the conservative christian kind. Never negotiate because god made him right.
Ban guns, never balance the budget, uncontrolled social welfare spending.
The sooner he is sent to be the Ambassador for Life to Andorra, the better.
>>
>>31752013
Hi, you must be new here.
Banned since '96.
>>
>>31752031
Very true.
>>
liberalism is the norm among the west
Democracy will never solve it, because its always been a minority of men who have built civilizations.
>>
>>31752016
i would be keen to know where each state stood
>>
>>31752048
Civilization will crumble with women in charge. Giving women the right to vote was such a bad idea.
>>
>>31752049
We had a leak at the table in 2004. Not one that I am aware of now.
>>
>>31751684
>This is going to happen to America too, one day, right?

Not for awhile. Like 10-20+ years. I live in a relatively libcuck state, and there are 0 gun control initiatives on the ballot. They know guns bring out voters and impedes their ability to ram through incumbents.
>>
>>31752016
>This is a good thing. It means an attempt to ram through changes to the NFA to make things worse is not likely to succeed.
But it also means the 7-shot Adler will remain banned for importation, instead of moved to Category B and allowed.

So, mixed bag really.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 480x600px
Strict licensing conditions, semi auto bans, Police tracking of firearms...I can appreciate all that shit in abstract, not that I agree with it, but the absolute worst, most cucked shit is a ban on weapons that have a "military appearance".
>>
>>31751981
Illegal to download or possess in NSW. Need to be a firearms dealer to keep it legit.
>>
>>31752062
5 shot guns stay at Cat A, the easiest license to get. Best possible outcome short of seven shot guns being Cat A or merging Category C with Category A.
An import ban is a ministerial instrument that can be lifted at any time.
An import regulation can be made by proclamation and rescinded in the same manner, with approval after the fact by the senate.
Recategorising the NFA requires all state premiers, police ministers, Prime Minister and the Attorney General.
>>
>>31752049
>>31752016
>>31752059

NSW and Tas voted for all lever action shotguns to be Cat B. The other states voted for 5 round and under magazine lever action shotguns to be Cat B and over Cat D. This is public info from the Vic minister who spoke to the media.

Talk to your police ministers, if in NSW and Tas thank them for being rational about the matter. If outside get onto them and tell them how disappoint you are.
>>
>>31752088
>An import ban is a ministerial instrument that can be lifted at any time.
>An import regulation can be made by proclamation and rescinded in the same manner, with approval after the fact by the senate.
>Recategorising the NFA requires all state premiers, police ministers, Prime Minister and the Attorney General.
Yes, and...?

That's what they were pushing for. That's literally what the Prime Minister said, he wanted it reclassified, and so long as it wasn't, it's staying banned. The few pro-gun people left in the Nationals made the suggestion to move it to Category B.

Category C will never get merged with Category A. Gun restrictions will never be eased for at least the next two decades.
>>
File: 1476271426991.jpg (47KB, 991x885px) Image search: [Google]
1476271426991.jpg
47KB, 991x885px
>>31751637
So what will happen to their Adler shotguns? Will they sell them in the United States?
>>
>>31752111
I wish they sold Adlers in the US. The only acceptable lever action scattergats on the market are chinese knockoffs of cowboy lever actions.
>>
>>31752111
I'm keeping mine
Might even get the magazine extension thats out for it (which is legal btw).
>>
>>31752119
Henry is going to start making them starting with a .410
>>
>>31752111
>mall ninja tier
>>
>>31751637
Theyre not banning it you fucktards, theyre just classifying it in the same category as a pump action, which makes sense, since theyre pretty similar actions
>>
Threadly reminder that the most recent inquest into gun violence in Australia resulted in the recommendation of ditching the long arm registry like Canada and New Zealand.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Legal_and_Constitutional_Affairs/Illicit_firearms/Report
>>
>>31752175
Cat C or D firearms are considered prohibited firearms in law you fucktard, they are only legal for certain limited reasons.

They are proposing to move them to the same category (D) as semi-automatic AR15s.
>>
>>31752175
>theyre just classifying it in the same category as a pump action, which makes sense, since theyre pretty similar actions
Uh no.

Nothing has been decided because the states haven't reached consensus, ie. not all state police ministers agree that it should be changed.
>>
>>31752166
I'd buy an adler. Henry's muzzle end tube fed thing irks me
>>
>>31752184
Yeah, so its available for people who have a need for it like farm worker and primayr producers. You dont need a gun like that if your job isnt hunting heaps of pigs or destroying pests
>>
>>31752205
>need
>>
>>31752210
Welcome to australia dickhead, land of no 2nd ammendment
>>
>>31752105
So what is your problem? AFAWK, 5 shot levers remain category A. Those who live in states that allow more can buy a new locally made mag tube.

If they were recategorized as B it would be all lever shotties, not just the seven shot variety.
Robl
>>
>>31752222
That's not an argument in favour of needs-based restrictions, especially when the restrictions have no demonstrable efficacy.
>>
>>31752222
Who cares? This is a weapons forum. You expect agreement? Go tell Sam Lee that your micropenis was spanked by your betters, you GCA shill.
>>
>>31752234
Thats not really true. Im not going to pretend banning guns ends all crime, but it has reduced random mass shootings from about 10 in the 20 years before port arthur to 1 at monash since then. Thats all its done, but that matters a lot to people, theres nothing more reassuring to people when they hear, "the victim was known to his killer"
>>
>>31752189
Adler, Warrior, Pardus and Uzkon lever shotties are sold in Canada. Plenty of threads on www.canadiangunnutz.com
You may be able to arrange a private importation.
>>
>>31752236
So now we cant talk about weapons bans in a thread about weapons bans? Thats some left style fascism right there, cant even voice an opinion in the internet hug box
>>
>>31751653
Fuck you. We have been. But remember this is the country that when people sent in hundreds of thousands of messages complaining about the plans to ban Uber, they blocked all methods for the public to contact the politicians, banned it anyway, and accidentally banned Busses at the same time.

Fucking retarded country, can't wait to leave.
>>
>>31751860
And the shooters "peak" body (SSAA) bent over and grabbed their ankles. Its shit when the SSAA president goes on national radio and gets beaten by a gun control advocate that says "...this is a new type of lever action which has been changed to a rapid style firearm, the old lever actions were only capable of holding one to two ammunitions". Meanwhile the main opposition brought to bare on her is from a pro gun caller. There is no hope while the dinasour organisation continues business as usual.
>>
>>31752240
>Thats not really true.
Yes it is actually, it's entirely true.

You just argued something completely different. I was just addressing your point regarding Category C & D.

You see, it's essentially a law of diminishing returns issue, and we have the strictest gun laws in the world. We went far, far beyond the point where there was a fair and reasonable balance between freedoms and risks.
>>
>>31752253
Ah i think i follow you. I have to agree with that, i think the difficulty of getting into category A is enough to prevent guns getting into the wrong hands easily
>>
>>31752002
Yep, same goes for Holland. And we can only own 5 guns at any time, so no collecting is possible.
>>
>>31752119
>chiappa
>uberti

more like CHINKappa and JEWberti amirite

no but seriously they have been making that shit for years
>>
>>31752205
Not all States issue Cat C easily to people who need it for starters.

Secondly its a 5-10 shot lever action shotgun it belongs in the late 1800s, its old as fuck, slow as fuck to reload, slow as fuck to shoot. Furthermore lever action shotguns with similar magazine capacities have been used in Australia since the gun bans in '96, and before, with literally no mass shootings.
>>
>>31752222
Who cares? This is Earth, where self-defense against ALL threats is a natural right.
>>
>>31752222
I wish other countries had SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED like we do
It makes me sad
>>
>>31751725
>You can't run that fast

As opposed to all the other guns who shoot so slowly that you can outrun them
>>
>>31752249
I was listening to that yesterday, made me rage as I was driving home. There's no fucking reason for the ban other than muh feelings.
>>
>>31752269
Wrong, collecting weapons is a possibility in Holland. However It's not a matter of buying a lot until you have a collection. Look up eduard de beaumont.
>>
>>31752299
The lever action gives the weapon more thrust per squeeze, allowing the shotgun bullets to fly at ludicrous speeds.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476957777575.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476957777575.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>31751637
Reminder that the chosen one (QLD) has fallen.
>>
>>31752312
It is possible but only if you have "good" reason. For example opening a museum is considered a good reason by the government. Having an interest in firearms is (apparently) not.

https://www.politie.nl/binaries/content/assets/politie/mijn-buurt/wijkprojecten/02---oost-nederland/bijzondere-wetten/formulieren/twn-wwmfactsheet_tcm10-399409.pdf
>>
Bulking printing happening
>>
>>31752069
But it is just information. What the fuck is wrong with AUS?
>>
>>31752111
Looks like something outta borderlands
>>
>>31752625
>What the fuck is wrong with AUS?
We've had it too good for too long. Hopefully the inevitable house price crash will be really bad and create some sort of social/civil unrest.
>>
1. I wasn't aware that lever actions were strong enough to support shotgun shells until now. Does this mean a similar action could be used for full size rifle rounds?

2. Assuming you could get this action working with polymer 5 round detachable magzines, would it be legal for import? (I'm aware Browing's BLR already does this, but it's internals are Eldritch horror tier.)

3. Assuning 2 is true, what prevents an Aussie anon from 3d printing a 20 round magazine?
>>
>>31752680
>Does this mean a similar action could be used for full size rifle rounds?
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/308marlinexpress/default.asp
>>
>>31752279
That was kind of my point, those guns a shit compared to the adler's lever action.
>>
>>31752702

I appreciate the effort Marlin put into that, but creating an entirely new custom caliber just for your action isn't quite what I had in mind.
>>
>>31752720
It answers your question though. Plus, it's smart. You buy the gun once, you buy the bullets for a lifetime.
>>
>>31752680
afaik the browning blr has the strongest locking lever action that you can get.
>>
File: .905 rifle.jpg (45KB, 604x299px) Image search: [Google]
.905 rifle.jpg
45KB, 604x299px
>>31751876
you mean set by the media
>way to drink the kool aid faggot
>>
>>31751725
>You can't run that fast.
And heres the problem. Faggots running from their problems instead of dealing with them.

Same way Californians run from their state and and all the totally not terrorist refugees run from their aborted country.
>>
>>31752894
If the problems can't be fixed, you might as well run though.
>>
>>31752735

I get that, but then you lose access to common brass and factory ammo like you eould have with .308 or .30-06 cartridges.

>>31752737

Does the Adler handle Turkey loads? I'd think those have significantly more powder than a medium/small bore rifle round, going by recoil.
>>
Can someone explain to me why Australians have such shit laws, yet their country is perfect for recreational shooting? I mean the insects and animals of Australia are legitimately dangerous and carrying a gun for protection from nature seems pretty reasonable. Yet in a country of full of open spaces and bush, guns are feared almost UK-esque. Is it the rampant alcoholism?
>>
>>31752919
The bolt thrust even on magnum turkey loads is still substantially lower then on centerfire rifle rounds like the .300 Win Mag.

But yes the Adler does handle turkey loads, it goes up to 3" magnums, which have a stupid amount of recoil energy and are downright unpleasant to shoot (and this is from a guy who enjoys shooting a heavily loaded .375 H&H).
>>
>>31753009
The whole dangerous animals in Australia is a meme, there are literally no land predators that can threaten an adult.

Only in the practically abandoned north half of the country are their saltwater crocodiles that are capable of eating adults.

Sure their are venomous snakes and spider but they are pretty tame to be honest and generally stay away from you, they don't look on you like a meal like a bear in the late Autumn will.

Furthermore the population is massively urbanised, literally one of the most urbanised countries on Earth, there are a handful of major cities, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and Canberra that contain the overwhelming majority of the population.
>>
>>31753009
most of the population has never been anywhere considered rural, and the ones that have probably just visited a strawberry farm 20 minutes outside of the city. They've never seen a real gun, so protesting for gay marriage rights is much higher on their agenda.
>>
>>31751725
>Thinking the issue had been dealt with
And THAT sort of mentality is the problem.
>>
>>31752016
I just hope like fuck they don't ban pump actions
>>
>>31752037
fucking lol, not even us Bongs are that cucked
>>
>>31751876
>Tea Party
>libertarian

lolno
>>
>>31751876
>>31752829
>>31753553

>Not supporting a unified right to combat the unified left
>>
>>31752246
Source?
>>
How hard would it be for Australians to carve their own country onto the same continent?
>>
>>31752111
I'd want an Adler if I didn't have such an issue with buying Turkshit. They look like fun, but I'm half-Armenian and have no desire to send Turkey any of my money.
>>
>>31754051

We should really take this to /pol/ but...

> Classical liberal
> Not sharing half their DNA with SJW

Unless we are talking some Harrison Bergeron levels of social justice here, your average SJW and libertarian are likely to be on the same page on wedge social issues. I guess the sticking point will be spending tax money, but it's not like the American right has taken issue with that lately either.
>>
>>31754480
The difference between an SJW and a libertarian is the former wants big Daddy govt to come in and fix their problems while the latter wants to leave it to the invisible dick of the free market.
>>
>>31754480
Classical Liberal here. The difference between us and SJWs lies in the methods. They believe the ends justify the means, we don't. So while I believe that we should treat teh gheys and blax equally, I don't believe it's the government's job to censor people who disagree, or anyone for that matter.
>>
Can someone explain to someone outside Aus what exactly is going on? I am not familiar with the whole Cat A, Cat B, Cat D stuff
Is this finalized or is it still under review?
Are only adlers banned (ie by name) or all lever action shotguns banned?
I heard talk about 5 round, 7 round versions, are they all banned or is only the 7 one banned?
Assuming 5 rounders aren't banned, can't you just slap a tube extender on one?
What about lever action rifles?
What happens to currently owned Adlers if they were moved catagories?
>>
>>31751637
THEY BANNED A FUCKING LEVER ACTION LO CAP SHOTGUN.
>THAT'S
>FUCKING
>SAD
>>
>>31755163

Not exactly. They kept a pre-existing ban on the Addler's with 7 round extended tubes. You can still import 5 round guns.
>>
>>31752068
I have stopped understanding the semi auto bans.

It's a design that's over 100 years old. It's not new technology or high technology.
>>
File: 1470284414967.png (198KB, 4000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
1470284414967.png
198KB, 4000x2666px
>>31752246
>>31751637
At a certain point legal avenues of change fall through. Take from that what you will, but wait for a friendly trump-farage anglosphere before doing what always happens when a country ignores it's people.
>>
>>31752205
>>31752222
Welcome to /k/ dickhead, a weapons board. Why are you here?
>>
>>31751637
Why does this even matter? If they aren't mentioning the other leverguns on the market then I simply don't get it. I mean Pardus has that one there too, and there's a whole bunch from Turkey that are flooding in, so was this just enforced because the Adler had a good marketing team?
>>
>>31754628
I'm on the same page as you.

You know what really gets to me lately? The anti-gun shit in no way relates to liberalism and doesn't help anything. 90% of antigun libs only hate them because their politicians tell them to, and they alienate one of the largest blocks of single-issue voters in the country by being such asshats about it.

Even my hardline kool-aid liberal dad agreed when I said that the left would be so much better off if they realized that guns are a non-issue compared to things like healthcare and poverty and they're just shooting themselves in the foot by obsessing over them.
>>
>>31754092
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/anger-as-queensland-parliament-blocks-uber-emails-20160422-god9y4.html

>unintentionally passing an amendment the night before which made all passenger services other than taxi's illegal

>"In these circumstances the Clerk took the decision to auto block these emails to prevent the overload of our members' email accounts.

Here it only talks about blocking the form letters, but in reality they blocked anything mentioning uber. They also tried to prevent mail complaints going though but weren't as successful.
>>
>>31754712
Ausfag here, all we know so far is that they're banning the >5round shotguns
Hope to fuck that doesn't apply to rifles, but we don't know yet.the NFA is still underway
>>
>>31751868
He's not my pick, either.
>>31751963
Yep.
>>
>>31752246
THEN YOU FUCKING RIOT LIKE EVERY NORMAL SOCIETY
>>
>>31752829
.950 JDJ. I wonder if we can get this in Australia?
>>
>>31754611
Not really - there are two veins of Libertarianism and the Social and Capital, Social Libertarianism is the only form that has working experience in the real world, and were it not for the unification of the colonies and the Spanish Civil War, it is likely that at least one of them would still exist.
>>
>>3175414
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Hutt_River
>>
>>31754712
The categories are what our firearms fall under and then what you need to fulfill in order to get that license category. Basically A and B anyone without a criminal record can get as long as you have a hunting permit of some sort or are a member of a gun club.

Cat C and D are occupational only, firearms under these categories are semi auto shotguns and rifles and pump action shotguns. Everything else fall's under cat A and B with handguns falling under Cat H.

At the moment all lever action shotguns that have a magzine capacity over 5 rounds are banned from import. Depending on what state you are in depends on whether you can attach a extended tube on it. Nothing has been said about lever action rifles yet.

Unsure with people who already have lever action shotguns in the country at the moment. One of two things could happen. Either they are looking at moving it into cat b, Most rec shooters already hold this license so it doesn't really matter as such. But if they move it into cat c and d then more than likely you will be required to hand it in or face criminal charges.

All firearms are registered so it's very difficult to get away with non compliance, even staging a break in and having it stolen can cause you to lose your license.
>>
>>31757854
Right because that won't just cause us to lose the little face we still have and inspire new calls for bans from all the lefties.

Guns aren't popular enough here anymore to rely on mass demonstration. We need to protect and gain what we can and try and increase the sports popularity, rather than blowing out only chance by chimping out.
>>
>>31754146
Virtually impossible; just like anywhere else in the world, countries do not readily give up their sovereign territory.
>>
>>31751637
It's not banned you fucking retard, it's banned from importation.
>>
>>31752245
Freedom of speech protects you from the government restricting your speech, it doesn't protect your feelings from being hurt when someone rightfully calls you a cocksucking bootlicker.
>>
>>31759510
That's a dangerous loophole that will be plugged shortly and you know it.
>>
>>31758808
>lose the little face we still have and inspire new calls for bans from all the lefties

Yeah, because they were listening in the first place.
>>
>>31759510
>>31759807

Couldn't someone just get permission from Adler and license build them here?
>>
>>31760240
Do you even understand the anal reaming you have to go through to manufacture firearms here?
>>
>>31760240
While it would be legal to do so at face value, there are a few problems...

1. massively expensive to set up a new enterprise, with the cost of machinery, tooling, licencing, regulations, etc.

2. added expense of local production means they're not going to be worthwhile to buy for a lot of people who otherwise would be interest.

3. limited interest means you can't break even; local demand is going to be what? Ten or twenty thousand? Can't really export them either, because the Turkish versions will be much cheaper.

4. no investor would be stupid enough in the current regulatory environment, given the level of uncertainty. You don't have any idea if in a month's time there will be even a quarter of the market there was before.

5. unwanted public pressure and abuse. Most active anti-gunners would be unaware that we have a company that produces locally-made AR-15s for professional pest control and eradication, and they still get a lot of hatemail. The high public profile of this Adler 7-shot issue would lead to huge public and political pressure.
>>
>>31752119
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1190&v=InJK8hlD_NY

Soon
>>
Just emailed Vic police minister expressing my disappointment. Very police, reasoned email. Copied to local member, dan andrews, shadow police minister, and chief commisioner of police. Do your bit, k.
>>
>>31762476
*polite
>>
>>31752269
>>31752312
>>31752352
Just move to Flanders you cucks
>>
>>31762082
>#t=40s

Is that David Duke?
>>
>>31757517
Pretty much.
Adler importer had a fun video and took 2000 orders in the first week. This caused hysterical bed wetting by the usual suspects.
>>
>>31752037
Hi, are you a skeleton?
>What is Cat D?
>>
>>31753118
Pump actions are already banned. Category C, primary producer only, other than in WA where they can be had for IPSC.
>>
>>31754146
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Micronations_in_Australia

Basically its a form of joke.
>>
>>31762883
Oldfag. Both on /k/ and in real life. Went to my first pro gun rally back in '88 or '89.
Category D is all centerfire semi auto rifles, pump action and semi auto shotguns with over 5 rounds capacity.
>>
>>31762892
He's probably referring to pump-action rifles
>>
>>31762883
>what is Cat D

Almost impossible to acquire unless you are

A) Primary Producer
B) Own land that has heritage value and has to be preserved against pests
C) Licensed and employed Pest Control worker

Outside of that, the law is very strict in saying that you have NO genuine need or reason to own a semi.
>>
>>31762938
Point. That was tried in 2005. VicPol was pushing it. We stopped it dead.
>>
>>31762971
Good work then, seriously. I love my pump- action rifle, it's by far my favourite gun even if it's not the most useful.
>>
>>31762476

*chuckles heartily*
>>
>>31751896
Same thing happend with crossbows in WA, some guy uses it as a weapon, crossbow licensing eliminated, but people who already own crossbows legally can hold on to them, it sucks
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.