[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US-Philippine Split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 22

File: Harrier-jets.jpg (60KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Harrier-jets.jpg
60KB, 800x400px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-philippines-idUSKCN12K0AS

So Philippine President Dutere has announced his nations political,military,and economic split from the United States.

I predict an attempted coup d'etat, assasination or rebellion in the Philippines within the next few months to a year. The Philippines are a strategic partner of the United States, I don't see the US government just letting them slip away.

What does /k/ think?
>>
>>31750741
>CIA sponsored coup
Wew lad, where have I seen this before
>>
>>31750771
>Wew lad, where have I seen this before
Everywhere?
>>
>>31750771
Well Duterte is an autist so I could give a shit if he's overthrown or not.
You don't have to raise an SS level deathsquad to enforce drug laws.

Just fucking remove them from the country or lock them up instead of slaughtering them.
>>
>>31751093
>remove them from the country
So they can start up their degenerate business somewhere else? Or sneak right back in?
>lock them up
On the taxpayer's dime after these degenerates have poisoned the social fabric and blunted the future of the nation? No, getting rid of them is by far the most efficient and lasting solution.
>>
>>31750741

>The Philippines are a strategic partner of the United States, I don't see the US government just letting them slip away.
Fuck off with the conspiracy bullshit.

If the US was still competent enough to instigate a popular coup in another country, the Philippines wouldn't be breaking out of our orbit in the first place.

Also >>>/pol/
>>
>China is trying to steal our seas
>Better partner with China
Duterte logic

>Drugs are a big problem
>Better start a wave of mass murder

Is this guy trolling everyone?
>>
>>31751126

No, he's just an imbecile.
>>
>>31750741
Duterte is a loose cannon. He shoots his mouth off on foreign policy without consulting his Cabinet and advisers
>>
>>31751126
>>31751134
sniveling druggies detected
>>
>>31751149

Flip pls.
>>
>>31750741
No that's way too obvious. Remember how to cia controlled the coke trade in the 80s? Well they probably have a large portion of the Asian drive market under their thumb so I'm thinking we will just flood their country with more drugs.
>>
>>31751125
>Fuck off with the conspiracy bullshit.
It isn't a conspiracy. The US has been in Strategic Partnership with the Philippines longer than any of us have been alive. And isn't likely to let them slip away.
>>
>>31751093
Just make them legal, it's what every other nation has done and it's worked out splendidly. Usage rates have done down and violence stemming from drugs goes down too. >>31751108
>>
>>31750741
Guy's got too much popular support in the Philippines at the moment, I'd give it time. From my folks that still live over there most do support him but its overwhelmingly for the domestic stuff (Flips love a guy who goes tough on crime), most either don't know or don't care about his international stance. I will say that it will be interesting in how far he pushes it with China because even my NPA-sympathizing Uncle (never thought he'd be a commie, guess there's an oddball in every family) is vehement that the Scarborough shoal and the few Spratyly islands that the Philippines does still occupy should be defended as sovereign territory. I still find it rather odd that he's so incredibly anti-American when most of the people I met when I visited the Philippines last year were Ameriboos, and apparently popular opinion still leans more towards us than the Chinks.
>>
>>31751167

Of course it doesn't WANT them to slip away. That's not the issue. Washington doesn't have any magic levers to pull if Duterte wants to turn to China.
>>
>>31751153
>>31751149
This guy probably isn't even a Flip.
>>
>>31751196
Hillary will simply have Duterte "retire".
>>
>>31751190
Yeah, as a US based Flip, who's been to the Philippines on several occasions, I can confirm most Flips are Ameriboos.
>>
>>31751093
Who you take them? You basically just created the Prison State of Flip.
>>
>>31751196
The US has removed more leaders from power than you can count. It's one of our special abilities.
>>
>>31751230
Born here or there? I'm 3rd gen, only visited Flipland once and was supposed to this Christmas but that fell through.

Going back to the topic at hand, I'm still baffled as to why the hell Duterte has a massive hateboner for the US out of seemingly fucking nowhere. I know some of the leftist groups over there don't like us, but this guy seems to be taking it almost personally. I figured that he'd somehow slip in on the law and order ticket, but he just rushed headlong to China in record time.
>>
>>31751222
>>31751245

There's nothing clever about this suggestion. You're just being stupid.

Let me put another way what I was saying in >>31751125: If the US was willing and able to covertly eliminate a non-compliant head of state, Duterte wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

Moreover, no matter how expertly the assassination was conducted, suspicion would immediately and justifiably fall on the US. And I know you guys have no grasp of the value of normative state behavior and trust-based relationships to US influence in the Asia-Pacific, I assure you the cost of such an operation to US interests in other Asian countries would FAR outstrip the gain.
>>
>>31751294
You act like the US hasn't arranged for leaders they didn't like before.

Iran.
>>
>>31751294
This guy's right. Right now Duterte has put so much heat on us that if he were to suffer an unfortunate boating accident the suspicion would immediately fall on us. Bastard knows how to play things a bit close to the chest, we'll probably have to wait this one out.
>>
>>31751108
Watch yourself on that edge kid.
>>
>>31751149
hahahahahahahaha

if you think that the people being killed in the Flip drug war are drug dealers, you're sadly mistaken

this drug war is being used to settle old scores, get rid of underworld types who wont pay their protection money to the police, remove political rivals, etc, etc, etc
that's how things work in that part of the world
>>
>>31751302
This isn't the fucking 1950s, read what I said here
>>31751303
The way things are right now too much is going on for us to whack him, and there wouldn't be enough gain even if we did. As an AmeriFlip it pains me to see all this happen, but Flip presidencies while 6 years are one term so either way there is a limit to this.
>>
>>31751302

Duh, yes, in the past. 60 years ago. In the middle of the Cold War. And that was arguably a mistake of gigantic proportions.
>>
>>31751282
I was actually born there, so first gen but I moved here when I was two. I don't speak nor understand tagalog aside from a few vocabulary words my parents used for a few items around the house.
>>
>>31751242
LEGALIZE THEM. Instead of putting thousands of people in jail, undercut their profits. That way you have money to put the really shitty druggies away for life.
>>
>>31751294
>>31751303
As long as his talk remains talk he will remain. If he tries to take any action that directly threatens US assets or interests he'll be gone. The US allows its partners to talk all the shit they want in front of the cameras because sometimes leaders have to pretend to be anti-US to get support from their people. Behind the scenes though, if they don't cooperate, they die. That's just how it's always been. Ask Honduras how many times we've removed their presidents.
>>
Does like well over 60% of flips support the US? Why is this autist acting like China will ever happen?
>>
>>31751336
>>31751282

There's no national Filipino interest in China so it has to be a personal interest. My guess is that he's being paid large sums of money by China.
>>
File: _91997642_gettyimages-615775098.jpg (392KB, 860x573px) Image search: [Google]
_91997642_gettyimages-615775098.jpg
392KB, 860x573px
>>
>>31751320
>don't speak nor understand tagalog
Same here. Grandparents wanted their kids to assimilate rapidly, so he didn't teach them tagalog. Hence we didn't learn it either.
>>31751330
>he'll be gone
I still highly doubt it, guy's got too much support. Hell its not even necessarily for the anti-American rhetoric, most Flips are just tired of corruption/crime and they love the shit out of him for the hardline stance regardless of if it works or not. This would be unprecedented over there since the last time we supported a guy it was Marcos, and that didn't turn out well. We can't afford to knock him off in this day and age.
>>
>>31750741
Why does Duterte think that US cares?

China just wants to annex their islands, this is not a US concern. US originally only got involved to help Philippines out, but if he wants to burn bridges for no good reason, then let him. He can join Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, etc. as failed states.
>>
>>31751336
>over 60
Probably closer to 80-90, they try their damndest to emulate us in a lot of things (not necessarily in a good way, but they do). Only people that have complained loudly about us are the NPA, the MILF/BIFF/various muzzie terrorists in the south, and some of the leftist groups. Which does kinda fit the narrative since ostensibly Duterte's party (which was a fringe party) is supposed to be social democrat in nature.
>>31751342
Its a bit complicated, there have been longstanding Chinese businessmen in Flipland for hundreds of years (the ties go back a while) but this sudden move to China is unprecedented. I wouldn't put it too far to say he's being paid off (and in Flip politics, that's basically everyone) but this is still insane.
>>
>>31751362

>China just wants to annex their islands, this is not a US concern.
50 cent pls.
>>
File: stay strong.png (127KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
stay strong.png
127KB, 500x400px
>>31751282
First-gen Flip-American here (according wiki - born from parents who immigrated here).

It baffles my mind how this assmunch got into power. All I know that my American-loving family back home are not pleased. And if this continues, our family's businesses could be jeopardized.

/k/ wise, I fear Rock Island Armory could be shaken up, my friend is part of their legal team. I was also eyeing the RIA 38 special they make.
>>
>>31750741
Nah, let them get as shitty as Venezuela.
Then they can suck us off to save them.
>>
>>31750741
But,,but we love Nutshack now right?
>>
>>31751302
You just proved his fucking point you retard. All of that ended terribly thus the US has long stopped.
>>
>>31750741
Just Flip things
They have a few years of almost normal and then go back to Africa-tier bullshit for a decade or so.
>>
File: 1459906411532.jpg (200KB, 448x409px) Image search: [Google]
1459906411532.jpg
200KB, 448x409px
>>31751552
>tripfag likes league of casuals

color me surprised
>>
I told you so.

This shit literally goes as breakneck speed, the US is THAT cancerous in current international relations.
>>
File: 1476986204858.jpg (159KB, 1193x895px) Image search: [Google]
1476986204858.jpg
159KB, 1193x895px
The Problem with US "asia pivot" is it's all military, nothing to truly improve the areas infrastructure, education, healthcare and environment. so US got PH to sue China in The Hague - good move from US as it doesn't cost US anything but weaken China's position. problem is, once the suit was over, US never paid the legal bills to PH (US$30 million) and now PH has to pick up the tab. what about "aids"? it's all old US military equipment, no $ for public infrastructure, no $ for medicine, for school. the "in kind" aids was some "businesses" around US military bases to serve the US soldiers. THESE are the real reasons Duterte changed course.
>>
>>31751552
I hope your american-loving families move to the US.
>>
>>31751322
Legalize heroine?

Heck, even legalizing weed does not actually drive down weed cost.
>>
File: Burger get out REEEE.jpg (606KB, 845x475px) Image search: [Google]
Burger get out REEEE.jpg
606KB, 845x475px
>>31753785
Correct.

As Duterte said;

>"Maybe sometime soon the Americans come to my country for business and all, including pedophilia. And they come to my country sans a visa, they do not need it, they go there as if they own the place."

The US considers PH merely as a country-sized unsinkable brothel. There is absolutely no respect from the US towards the philippines people, aside of their one-sided opportunism of using PH lands and people to contain China.
>>
>>31751108
hi duterte. does xi's dick taste like general tsao's?
>>
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/chinese-navy-ships-make-port-call-cam-ranh-42955740

>Chinese Navy Ships to Make First Port Call at Cam Ranh Bay

And another would-be US ally about to turn over...

Historians will remember the "Pivot to Asia" as the biggest diplomatic and military failure in centuries.
>>
File: peperte.jpg (58KB, 508x645px) Image search: [Google]
peperte.jpg
58KB, 508x645px
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/20/16/duterte-its-russia-china-ph-against-the-world

>Duterte: It's Russia, China, PH 'against the world'

Do you hear that, Burgers? Do you hear the sound? This is the sound of history.
Who was on the right side of history again?

Not you, so much for sure.
>>
Turkey went from NATO into Russia alliance.

Pinoyland went from US bitch into China alliance.

Even Japan is now courting Russia and might finally reach a friendly negotiation on the island issues.

What is the problem with the US nowadays?
>>
Duterte mouths off shit without consulting his advisers

He's literally a dictator in a democracy

His advisers and minions are just there to """clarify""" and clean up his mess

They really are earning their salary and at some point these people close to him would say enough is enough

While he is busy sucking off Xi Jinping's babydick in China people here sans his shills are legitimately furious and his own Defense Secretary and Foreign Minister couldn't even answer simple questions

What he does not understand is that he may truly love China but most of us here don't share the same love he has nor the same level of trust

If he truly loves China and Russia then he should just stay in these countries and leave the rest of us out of it
>>
So Obama have lost Philippines and Pakistan (good riddance) to China, at the same time South Korea and Japan have become more economically intervened with China making their disobedience to Beijing less likely. ASEAN have shown they also fear/follows China more then USA. The Asian Pivot must be the greatest american foreign political failure evert?

Turkey have aligned themself with Russia thereby jeopardizing NATO. UK did Brexit even though Obama asked for them not too. Alt-right movements in Europe with ties to Kremlin grows more powerful everyday. Libya was a failure, Syria was a failure, Iran have become stronger. And etc.

Obama lost the world?
>>
>>31750741

Real question: who the fuck cares about what THE PHILIPPINES think of the United States?

We already have much better partnerships with Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan--all of whom are much more developed and economically successful.
>>
>>31754053
>leaving the rest of us out of it
Trust me, you are not as large as you might think.

It's time to pack up and leave, US dogs.
>>
>>31753973

>Russia, China, and Philippines against the world

That sounds like an awful team to be a part of.
>>
>>31754076
You practically only have South Korea left.

Taiwan is close to China nowadays, and Japan is courting Putin.
>>
>The Latest: Philippines says China's Xi offers $9B in loans

Burgers cant compare.

Old shitty coast guard ships vs. actual money for infrastructure, schools, hospitals, industries... Guess that any pragmatic statesman who has his country's interest in mind would chose latter.
>>
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/10/20/1635602/philippines-sign-13.5b-deals-china

>Philippines to sign $13.5B in deals with China

>BEIJING — Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez says the Philippines and China will sign $13.5 billion of deals during President Rodrigo Duterte's visit to China this week.

>Lopez was speaking Thursday at a business forum in Beijing attended by Duterte and various Chinese and Filipino officials.

>The forum followed meetings between Duterte and Chinese President Xi Jinping, who hailed the Southeast Asian nation leader's visit as being of "milestone significance."

>Earlier in the day, the leaders oversaw the signing of agreements that touched on the financing of infrastructure projects, boosting trade and tourism, lifting export restrictions and other issues.
>>
>>31754081
+ .50cents
>>
>>31754127
I do it for free.
>>31754076
He's visiting Japan next.
>>
>>31754076
All of those are East Asian countries.

You only have the Philippines as your cheerleader in Southeast Asia. Lose the Philippines and you lose influence to the rest of Southeast Asia since everyone there prefers cozying up to China and are not as receptive to the United States.

>b-but I-I o-only n-need developed countries as my allies
Kek
>>
>>31754125
>territorial dispute has trillions of dollars worth of oil and natural gas reserves
>sells his islands for $13 billion and licks their boots like a good dog

That $13 billion would go straight to himself, his friends and to bribe generals not to initiate coups.
>>
>>31754172
The military fucking loves him, as well as the populace.

Only thing left is the western shills or the literal CIA.
>>
welp. they already had a US backed dictator. let's see how a Chinese backed dictator goes for them.
>>
>>31754172
To get the potential money from the disputed territories, he first has to fight a war against China.

Sure, the US could win it, but the Philippines themselves will be literally shredded. Not that the US cares, though. And latter sentiment is what bugs the PHs the most desu.

Better play nice with China and get a share of resource coopterations, with less risks and potential losses.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/philippines-china-solution-scarborough-shoal-possible-envoy-says-125022316.html

>Philippines-China solution on Scarborough Shoal possible, envoy says
>>
>>31754186
>The military fucking loves him
(lol

Is that why he's visiting military camps every single time? Doing clandestine loyalty checks, promising double salaries and Glock 30 pistols?
>>
>>31754191
Type 56 for everyone!!!!
>>
>>31754201
He's doing it because he loves the military.

And he's playing a very dangerous game, against the US.
>>
>>31754209
yeah, and the drug killings aren't being used to remove his political rivals
>>
>>31751552
Will you have more capacity 2nd gen?
>>
>>31754209
>he loves the military
Nice try shill.

He's visiting these camps to calm them down because he's a known communist sympathizer and our troops hate his commie friends.

Keep shilling.
>>
>>31753908
>And another would-be US ally about to turn over...

>its viet-fucking-nam

wew
>>
>>31754219
I'm glad the actual flip armies aren't US shills and would gladly use chink arms.
>>
>>31753894
Who the fuck ever said anything about driving costs down? It's about taking the money and power away from the criminals.
>>
https://www.rt.com/news/363597-russia-philippines-cooperation-duterte/

>‘Make a wish list’: Russian ambassador says Moscow ready to provide assistance to Philippines

ITS OVER

>captcha: school chinese

KEK
>>
>>31754097

You can add Iran, Assad, and Belarus to the list.
>>
>>31754251
Except the criminals would still be there.

The illegal pot dealers didn't actually vanish after pots were legalized.
>>
>>31754098
>and Japan is courting Putin.

lel, i love this shit. No anon, no matter what RT is telling you, its the other way around. Japan holds all the cards.
>>
Conspiracy theory time.

Any chance China bribed Dutere?
>>
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/10/21/1635936/philippines-china-ink-joint-coast-guard-cooperation-deal

>Philippines, China ink joint Coast Guard cooperation deal
>>
>>31754265

The team looks worse and worse with every country added.
>>
>>31754098
Lived in Taiwan, living in Japan now.
You have no idea what you're saying.
Taiwan's anti-China party got into power in January and relations are at their lowest in over a decade, and the average Taiwanese fucking hates Mainlanders viscerally (like, a Taiwanese qt I know who is otherwise your typical liberal college student said she wishes the Japanese Army would have done Nanjing x1000 and there'd be no problems in Asia today. This is not an unusual statement there.)
>>
LOL, nice Asian pivot, Fatniks.
>>
>>31754274
Pretty high, gotta pay back all the campaign money.

I would even go out on a limb that China prepared for his ascent once relations soured with the previous President. He was pretty popular so he could not be ousted and was on a mad buying spree that he had the military's loyalty so they just bid their time until his term was up.
>>
File: Japan's Russia-Diplomacy Fail.jpg (252KB, 440x2396px) Image search: [Google]
Japan's Russia-Diplomacy Fail.jpg
252KB, 440x2396px
>>31754269
>Japan holds all the cards.

But none of the Island they want.

Japan's Russia-policy is limited by how much the US allows them to. Once the US declares more sanctions against Russia, they will force their doggie Japan to join it as well, ruining all their diplomatic gains they had with Russia.

Pic fucking related.
>>
>>31754283
This is all talk.

In the end, all will be friend with China, especially Taiwan.
You have no idea how economically connected these "countries" are.
>>
>>31750771
The Dark Knight Rises?
>>
>>31754295
>But none of the Island they want.

Exactly, they want the island, and litterally nothing else from russia. Russia wants everything from japan.

All Russia can do is offer the island. Till that happens, there will be no "courting" from japan.
>>
>>31754295
More like pic is fucking retarded, China-Russia relations are and have been since the 50s quite poor.
>>
>>31754283
>Taiwan's anti-China party got into power in January

And their polls have been crashing down ever since.

>Focus Taiwan
>President Tsai's approval rating drops below 50%
>>
>>31754310

>China-Russia relations are and have been since the 50s quite poor.

Are you dumb?
Or is this bait?
>>
>>31754314
And Ma held on for years at sub-9% so...
Just because the DPP are liberal dumbasses doesn't mean Taiwanese people suddenly like China again.
>>
>>31754245
Did you even read the post?
>>
Hey /k/, flip here, looks like it should be time for me to begin bending AK receivers.

Why does no one have a blueprint for the damn dust cover?
>>
>>31754295
Holy shit Japan is such a vassal state.
>>
>>31754334
The flip armies don't worship the US, m8.

If their president goes with China, they go with China.

All of their old ass AR are to be replaced with superior AK anyhow.
>>
>>31754352
>use US equipment for eons
>thinking that they will drop it for AKs just because a lunatic tells them to do so
>>
>>
File: kweapons.jpg (73KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
kweapons.jpg
73KB, 500x300px
>>31754362
fixed, artist can't draw guns for shit.
>>
>>31754416
I've yet to see a political cartoonist who actually can draw guns.
>>
>>31754359
I bet they would love the cheap but reliable chink arms.
>>
>>31754362
i like that picture
>>
>>31754434
I dont.

Murrca not fat enough.

Duterte should say "Go be fat somewhere else".
>>
>>31750741
The Neo-realist in me expects this to have absolutely no effect on the state.

The classical realist is just counting the seconds until this man is killed
>>
>>31754500
Killing him would make him a martyr

Capturing him and carting him off to Guantanamo is a victory
>>
>>31754448
i just like how the american soilder look like a big guy who is a though guy who smokes

in reality most soilders are just normal guys
>>
>>31754541
I was talking IR theory.

It's a lovely piratical example of domestic politics doing what it shouldn't be neo-realist standards, interfere with the preferences of the state.

Whatever happens, it will be very interesting to watch.
>>
>>31751108

You've got the right idea
>>
File: barsad.jpg (90KB, 1280x702px) Image search: [Google]
barsad.jpg
90KB, 1280x702px
>>31754542
>look like a big guy
>>
>>31754560
Duterte's reversal is more explainable by rational choice theory.

Neorealism only applies to big powers, like US vs China/Russia.
>>
>>31751149
Statist bootlicker detected
>>
>>31753871
I didn't realize you could complain about the type of free shit you got. "Why are you only giving me this stuff for free? I want all the other stuff for free too!"
>>
>>31751294

Was he spewing his anti American sentiments before he got into power?
>>
>>31754113
loans vs free aid
>>
>>31751282
Because the US were behind bombings in the city he used to be a Mayor of
And likely theres other shit like them being behind drug trade.

Then the US diplomat is a gay jew, and the US president is a negro.

No surprise he hates the US government.
>>
>>31754283
she's not wrong tho
>>
>>31754662
He was but no one cared about him.
>>
>>31754648
>>31754671
If you give a starving man a gun and points him towards your enemy, chances are that the starving man isnt really going to like you for that.

If your enemy gives that starving man bread and teaches him a profession, so that he can survive on his own, he will throw away your gun and align with your enemy instead.

In short: America treated PH like an expendable meat-shield, not like a sovereign country with interests beyond containing a regional power whose regional economic influence has already overtaken that of the US.
>>
>>31754708

Except the "enemy" of the starving man is responsible for starving him.

PH EEZ? What that?
>>
>>31753987

We have a fuckin chimp in the white house who cares more about arming terrorists than anything else
>>
>>31754053

Last I saw yee dude still had like a 70% approval rating
>>
>>31754721
You overestimate Philippines reliance on the EEZ. You cant build up an entire country with fishing alone. And even if you want to drill for gas and oil, you need investments and technologies. The country of Philippines is poor long before China blocked off their access to the fishing grounds. It has fundamental reasons, like a lack of infrastructure and internal disorder.
>>
>>31754753
more like an average 80 IQ puts it squarely in the third fucking world, which it will never leave.
>>
>>31754753

Oh, im sorry, an island nation does not need access to its water, my bad.

Its all rhetoric anyways. The US has a treaty obligation to defend PH, and until he rips it up, or the US does, it does not matter really what he says.
>>
>>31754741
>1000 people
>100+ million population

Even online polls bombed by /pol/ are more credible

Even if it was legit he dropped 20% in 3 months, that's huge

When people start to get hungry, lose their jobs and the economy tanks hard it will drop lower and lower

My Facebook is a firestorm right now with people fuming with his rhetoric and his supporters trying to spin and weave on his statements
>>
>>31754770
And when did philippines access to their surrounding waters be blocked?

Individual fishers have been stopped by China when they approached the disputed reegs, but the Philippine merchant navy still roamed the SCS as it was nothing.
>>
>>31754770
He's just chimping out to bring the US to the negotiating table.

He keeps spouting shit that he'll break off with America yet he never actually does it or he gets stopped by his own officials.
>>
>>31754789
>Individual fishers have been stopped by China when they approached the disputed reegs

>disputed reegs

anything more than 5 km off the coast?

Hyperbole aside, china thinks the entire SEA belongs to them.
>>
>>31754796
This
>>
>>31754796

Pretty much this.

With the treaty there, he can say anything really.

Until its gone, its all talk.

Its like a weak malnourished brother talking big shit to the neighbor about how he does not need his brother at all, hes a stronk independent boy, while the big brother is watching.
>>
>>31754789
>Individual fishers

mom and pop fisheries make up the bulk of this industry in flipland.
>>
>>31754819
>>31754837
Except his chimping out will never work because he crossed the line too many times and if he wanted to be treated as an equal he should have known better.

The US can just wait for a new President, wait for him to self-implode or do the classic regime change once they had enough.
>>
Containing China was bad idea for the get to go. It's time for the US to rebuild their nucelar arsenal. Russia is already on their way out the treaties between US and them. Nations are much less reliable then nukes.
>>
File: China eats philies.png (27KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
China eats philies.png
27KB, 1152x648px
>>31750741
>>
>>31754337

This is a pol/ thread now but it's on /k/ so that there will be less ctr shills trying to make it about illary and trump
>>
>>31754848
>Except his chimping out will never work because he crossed the line too many times

He is not even registering in the presidential election, if anything he is not chimping hard enough.

Nobody cares, until the moment he takes the actual leap.
>>
>>31751190

my mother just came back a couple of days ago from the philippines. i guess she's considered a OFW, but we have US citizenship.

she said she's concerned about the politics, when before she didn't give a shit except who was present.

i'm a chinky flip by appearance, and i also study mandarin. i have duel-citizenship. would going to work in the philippines be a good move for me?
>>
>>31754857

FUKIN

TEIR
>>
>>31754870
>and i also study mandarin

Only pain and unhappiness can come from this.

I implore you to keep it a hobby.
>>
>>31751093
>Just fucking remove them from the country or lock them up instead of slaughtering them.

I dunno, seems to me that slaughtering the criminals is a much more permanent solution.

Some peoples are just naturally thick-headed and don't understand the simple concept that you should not break the law until they're literally killed for not getting it.
>>
>>31754886

too late, already graduating next year.

i know exactly what you mean though. i studied abroad in beijing, and i can't really see myself living in china for an extended period of time. i'd rather work with westernized chinks.
>>
>>31754886
t.dumb laowai who got scammed
>>
>>31754913

i've actually been scammed more in the US than in China.

>>31754907

death penalty, or even just extrajudicial killing, is inherently dysfunctional when executed by humans. even westernized countries can't even get it right.

if you don't understand why things like due process are a thing, i can't be fucked to explain to you why you're retaded in detail.
>>
>>31754913

No, dealing with scammers* as apart of my job. I would never personally deal with china.

>>31754912
Just keep in mind, in the business setting, they DONT keep their word, their word is less than meaningless. They think that "scamming" is "i will tell them, black and white, to do X, but i will actually do Y and try to get away with it".

*>using the term very loosely, this implys some modicum of intellegence, where there is none, normally, in my case. Its just straight lying.
>>
>>31753894
Actually it does drive costs down, dispensaries sell a lot of types of weed for around 5 USD a gram and on the street you will always find it for 10-15 USD a gram. Don't forget it's also safer to by from dispensaries than people on the street

t. Drug user
>>
>>31754950
>Just keep in mind, in the business setting, they DONT keep their word,

you're preaching to the choir. i'm surprised i was paid at all for my english-teaching jobs on the side, or even paid in real cash.
>>
>>31750741
Can't let China have the Philippines, and can't let Russia have Japan. We should honestly just let Japan remilitarize already.
>>
>>31754721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeiYHbFhx3Y

you think EEZ is everything?
>>
>>31750741
He did say in most of his statements that he might not even finish his presidencies. He even told the soldiers in his military camp visits that "if you want me ousted, GO AHEAD!, but offer a solution on how to fix the corruption and drug menace in this country", he is also willing to retire if most of the problems in the country are fix and if PH will transition from a Unitary to a Federal type of govt. That's pretty much all of his conditions, he actually wants to leave the presidency as soon as possible, due to personal reasons with his family.
>>
>>31754941

Idk how exactly the Philippines compares, but if my country looked like Brazil I'd sure as shit want some street justice going on
>>
>>31755287
On the US-PH relations though, I think the reason why he wants the military influence of America out of Philippines is actually told in one of the reporters, where he said "I simply don't like to add more fuel to the fire, I rather insist on focusing on commerce and development that increasing the tension" while the reason his reason on breaking economic ties a bit unclear to me. He told it in hawkish manner of "why should Philippines have deals with a country which is even though an industrial super power(U.S.) can't pay their debt with China, we might as well cut the middle man". He is not planning to cut the diplomatic and social ties though, he still welcomes U.S. migrating to PH, but he did stated the double standards on "how come U.S. just can come and go in Philippines without a Visa, while our countrymen needs to pay costly for an American Visa in order to go there" so America will be needing Visa in going to the Philippines, he just like to get even to U.S. hypocrisy I guess.
>>
>>31754952

Colorado here. Literally no one I know gets their weed from a dispenser
>>
>>31754907
Old criminal is dead, new one moves in to take over his business. Everyone thinks they'll get away with it this time because they're smarter than the guy before
>>
>>31754265
>Belarus

This is how I know you don't know shit
>>
File: 1444963325765.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444963325765.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
President Duterte, I'm CIA
>>
>>31751169
Go back to instagram or facebook libertarian swine
>>
>>31754907
Than just lock up any drug lords that a causing a threat.

Taking out all drug addicts isn't going to do anything to help the problem.

I would actually be fine with killing druglords personally but not addicts.
>>
File: 5IerI6RXyqI.jpg (132KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
5IerI6RXyqI.jpg
132KB, 604x604px
>>31750741
>I predict an attempted coup d'etat

100% sure. and if it will fail americunts will just starve whole country to death like they do with Venezuela.
>>
>>31754907
Yes, because this worked so well in South America.
>>
File: 14583195868800.jpg (57KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
14583195868800.jpg
57KB, 600x444px
>>31755680
>I would actually be fine with killing druglords personally but not addicts.

i love the idea to kill all drug shit. the line between addict and new lord is just fine. fuck them all. the faster those fucks die the less will other people suffer because of them. beside that state will save shit tone of money and no americunt NGO will middle into your politics.
>>
>>31755770
Venezuelan here, wow a real western leftist who buys into Maduro propaganda, congratulations comrade, please come stand in line it's so revolutionary and cool, fugg capitalist economics and basic logic, that's stupid bourgeois lies right?

Collectivizing Venezuelan agriculture and nationalizing private farmland and then handing it all over to PSUV members with no idea what to do with it who then sold off all valuable assets and let the factories rust away and the land grow fallow and fucked off back home with their cash, thus ruining the productive base we'd managed to establish until that point (and we were a net food exporter until glorious Chavez).
But it's ok, the commie apes could just use oil money to import food, don't worry about that comrade, fugg the landowners...oh wait oil prices collapsed sorry there goes the economy and the food imports.

Nah, you're a revolutionary so you know the truth! DE BIG BAD CIA HAS ALL DA FOOD AND THEY DONT GIVE IT TO US >:(
>>
File: 14572217096601.jpg (2MB, 2560x3840px) Image search: [Google]
14572217096601.jpg
2MB, 2560x3840px
>>31755844
>USA literally closed all entrance to the world market but i bitch about evil comies.

eahh sure.. whatever you say american cocksucker.
>>
>>31755844
My cunt keeps making comparisons to Venezuela...how actually bad it is over there?

We also have a gommie President who is sucking up to China and Russia.
>>
>>31755868
You can't even get reliably buy toilet paper there anymore.
>>
>>31755393

He wants to stop fighting the jihadists and to not fight the Chinese at all. We literally spent the last ten years training the Philippines on how to fight the jihadists and the Chinese navy. He wants to give a peace deal to the jihadists, the shoal to the Chinese, and the middle finger to America while curb stomping on the poor nigglets of Asia and whatever innocent corpses are scattered with the 'guilty' while screaming "I'M HELPING! I'M HELPING!".

The worst aspect of this is the Philippine electorate is entirely complicit in this. They were stupid enough to allow this to happen, and they're too stupid to deserve good things.
>>
>>31755403

CO resident as well. They've made using dispensers such a pain in the ass that the second economy is still thriving
>>
File: 14572901886900.jpg (81KB, 716x541px) Image search: [Google]
14572901886900.jpg
81KB, 716x541px
>>31755880

>got an opportunity to open own toilet paper shop.
>bitch about evil comies
>>
>>31755865
Yes, the US totally imposed the currency controls strangling Venezuelan access to outside capital.
Oh no that was Chavez...

Ah, you must be confusing the US embargo on Cuba with a non-existent one on Venezuela, it's ok common leftist mistake your kind doesn't read much beyond edgy shouting points.

>"closed all entrance to the world market"
yeah da CIA couldn't stand our bootiful rebolucion so they closed the big supermarket and we cant buy da food now they so bad >:((

/k/omrade, I hope all your dreams come true. I hope you too can experience the joys of socialism and it's wonderful effect on your country too.

-Love, a former loyal Chavista who needs some sleep eventually
>>
>>31755880
or beer
there is no beer in Venezuela anymore
>>
File: 14678399707850.jpg (83KB, 485x640px) Image search: [Google]
14678399707850.jpg
83KB, 485x640px
>>31755881
>He wants to give a peace deal to the jihadists,

best fucking solution evar.
you americunt fucks DID NOTHING to solve the problem. you trained their army but never gave them hardware to fight with. you told them to fight a citizen war and never allowed to just kill all mudslimes and move over on. you literally just blood sucked the country out and pretended you are best friends. now chinks just came and took over the islands and you ran away with your tails between legs like rats you are.
>>
>>31755865

>USA literally closed all entrance to the world market but i bitch about evil comies

We don't negotiate with inferior peoples
>>
File: CZQd3IzWIAAtli_.jpg (39KB, 599x408px) Image search: [Google]
CZQd3IzWIAAtli_.jpg
39KB, 599x408px
>>31755905

go take your ,50 cents sergant Cockstein. you are btiching about evil comies, when you are posting on a fucking internet.
>>
>>31751347
>hate corruption
>choose chinese over america
Now I am not defending US corruption, but China's corruption is on a whole new level.
>>
>>31755951

lol. you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
>>
File: re81Us.gif (25KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
re81Us.gif
25KB, 400x354px
>>31754298
>especially Taiwan.
>>
>>31755965
>>31755965
A chink whose family went through Mao's brilliant flaming mess of regression. Lived in china, seen first hand the standards and attitude in people. Still hear relatives describe the undercurrent of corruption and greed and the attitude and life views of a lot of people in china.
I really hope you're .50 cent task force, because you'll get laughed at or taken advantaged of if you try that naive shit.
>>
>>31755945
Not him but how is "posting on a fucking internet" relevant?
>>
>>31756247

they dont have internet in comunism.
>>
>>31754362
Where the fuck is the grip
>>
>>31755965
Anon, there's a reason the Chinese have the most billionaires in the world. And it's not because of communism.
>>
>>31756140
Im an american citizen now, i know the corruption here and don't doubt its existance, but keep posting shock images and pointlessly rant after being called out.
>>
File: excellentpissedoffvi.png (480KB, 639x846px) Image search: [Google]
excellentpissedoffvi.png
480KB, 639x846px
>>31753881
Most likely this...and the hurricane it'll probably have them come here. Though most likely they'll settle in Chicagoland or Vegas. (my immediate family is here in Phoenix but a majority tends to stick to outside of Chicago because of reasons)

Some will stay there because of cushy jobs they got. All in all Duerte is gonna be a nightmare.

What sucks more is that I'm seeing some of my Filipino friends saying "Philippines doesn't need America" and all I can think is "That's like saying people in hell don't need ice water".
>>
>>31753895
>Implying military orders under valid Diplomatic agreement/Status of Forces Agreements aren't exactly the same as a Visa and accepted as such in allied nations like Germany and El Salvador
>Implying you don't love the massive tourist/resident military personnel spending on your economy

I can't wait till Duterte is out and they come crying and begging because of how shitty China is going to treat them.
>>
File: hugo-chavez-03.jpg (50KB, 731x530px) Image search: [Google]
hugo-chavez-03.jpg
50KB, 731x530px
>>31755844

>Maduro, Thanks for being that guy. Now I'll never get blamed as much as you
>>
Yay send in the spooky troops!
>>
>>31753895
>they come to my country sans a visa
Oh fucking really, guess I must have imagined the part where I needed a fucking visa to visit my family over there.
>Absolutely no respect from the US towards the Philippine people
Didn't get that impression at all when I was there, and either way popular opinion still favors the US over China. As I previously stated above, even my family members that are pro-Duterte still prefer the US to China. Also
>Cherrypicking some leftist group that has probably been running these protests for a while that only now get attention because Duterte got in.
>>31753908
This, this isn't how this works at all. You fucking /pol/acks cannot into geopolitics.
>>31754098
>Japan is courting Putin
>Great overlord Putin is visiting Japan, surely that means that Japan will go over to Russia! USA BTFO RUSSIA STRONK
This is how you guys sound.
>>31754081
Fuck you, I have family over there and I'm not leaving them to the Chicom scum you fiddycent piece of shit.
>>31754113
There WAS infrastructure being built you shithead, the Japs recently built a new highway leading out of Manila alongside a few others already being built. Manila has skyscrapers going up, I have seen additions to the schools being built in my grandmother's home town. There was shit going in, but you just casually ignored it because Duterte's going off the fucking rails here and his anti-US stance fits the /pol/ack/fiddycent agenda.
>>31754274
More than likely
>>31754352
We've done work with them for literal decades and a fair amount of Flips (my uncle among them) have served in the US armed forces as well (dat citizenship mang). They'll use whatever arms are necessary, but it will be interesting to see how they react to this guy over time.
>>
>>31754681
What the fuck have you been smoking?
>The US bombed Davao
Why? The bombs didn't go off anywhere near him.
>The US is behind PH drug trade
More than likely the shit is coming out of the golden triangle and being smuggled in from there, as it has been for decades. Can you give me a concrete source as to it coming from the US?
>The last point
Can't much argue there but regardless its still fucking insane to fuck over decades of relations in the space of less than a year to go suck off the Chinese.
>>31754870
Possibly, I'm not too savvy on the job market over there but I'd say give it a shot. There are new businesses coming up all the time and the cost of living is still rather low if you play it right. Just watch out for traffic.
>>31755001
>let Japan remilitarize
Give it a couple years, it might happen.
>>31755287
>>31755393
Possibly. Duterte could be trying to play the smart game here and time will tell if it pays off, but he's treading a fine line that grows finer by the day.
>>31755929
>I have no fucking clue about the long history of Jihadists in the southern regions, the Post
Almost every initiative to go ham on the muzzies depended entirely on the Flip president in charge and has had varying results depending upon how hard they pushed it. If I remember correctly, Marcos and Ramos tended to be much more hard-driving than some of the other presidencies and managed to kick the shit out of the muzzies on several occasions. Then you'd get a president who wouldn't commit as much, then the muzzies would resurge in strength. Sure the US could've probably handed more hardware over to the PH military, that I will agree with, but the military has NEVER had qualms about killing every last motherfucker when it comes to ops against the muzzies. You fail to take into account that much of the Flip military's high command is corrupt as fuck and that there's a considerable amount of inter-service fuckery and lack of communication.
>>
>>31755951
I'm a pro-American (well by dint of me living in America that's kind of given) Flip who's against Duterte moving over to China, if I didn't clarify. If he just wanted a detente with China and a re-negotiation of US-PH relations, I would've been fine with that. Instead he's literally chimping out and moving at ungodly speed towards the chicoms and apparently the russkies too now. And the shitty thing is, most Flips will not care/not even know about the situation until its too late because the vast majority care mostly for his domestic policies and going hard on crime/corruption, or at least appearing to do so.
>>31756140
I still do not understand why someone would choose to be a chinkaboo in this day and age.
>>31755945
>hurr durr fuck US, look what they did to poor Venezuela
>Venezuelan comes on and shoves your shit back in your face
>UR JUST US SUCKIN AMERIKAN DICK
Behold the mind of a mouth-breathing /pol/ack
>>
>>31751309
ok cokehead, whatever you say
>>
>>31751093
He's testing the waters to see what he can get away with. Really, I guess if he thinks he can do it under Obama, he could do it with whichever other president. Hillary will back whatever status quo, and Trump will have too many domestic problems to intervene.
>>
>>31756691
>And the shitty thing is, most Flips will not care/not even know about the situation until its too late because the vast majority care mostly for his domestic policies and going hard on crime/corruption, or at least appearing to do so.
Of course, replacing due process with lynch mobs is pretty much the opposite of being hard on crime.
>>
>>31750741
Add them to the invasion forces of WW3.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.