[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to re chamber a round over and over? I ask because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2104.jpg (2MB, 3024x3544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2104.jpg
2MB, 3024x3544px
Is it bad to re chamber a round over and over? I ask because I have developed the habit where I will load a round before I go to sleep at night and leave the gun on my night stand, but when I wake up I will unload the round and put it back into magazine and I do it with the same round over and over every night, could this to a failure of the round in anyway?

Pic related
>>
>>31747160

It can lead to setback, the bullet being pushed further into the case.

It makes the pressure higher when fired, which can cause issues.
>>
>>31747160

yes it's bad. Don't rechamber the same round over and over.
>>
>>31747160
it is Federal LE procedure to never rechamber the same round again
The research is only a google away but Im too lazy to do it
>>
>>31747160
it can lead to bullet setback which is obvious
or dead primers where you wont know until you pull the trigger and get a click
>>
It can cause setback, which can increase firing pressure to dangerous levels and may even result in a kaboom. Some combinations of rounds and guns are more prone to it.

.40 S&W and .45 ACP are especially susceptible.

You'd probably be better off just leaving it condition 3 all the time.
>>
>>31747204
>>31747208
>>31747244
>>31747253
>>31747261

Thanks for the responses, I guess I will just discard of the round
>>
>>31747330
bullet setback, maybe on some guns but 9mm glock like in OP the chamber will stop the threads from setting the bullet back too far. most guns will be like this.
primer failure from cycling a round? no way. they probably take more abuse during shipping.
i dont see how this can be bad.
>>
>>31747392
A simple way to see if it's happening is just to line up the round(s) you've rechambered with some new rounds and just visually inspect what's going on. If the bullet is very plainly pushed back into the casing, then yeah that's a problem. If it's not visibly pushed back, then you're fine.

For bullet setback it become dangerous, it needs to be pushed way the fuck back into the casing, it will look very obviously bad and even then there's no guarantee that you'll have a kaboom.

It is bad, but it's rare and if you can't plainly see the bullet it pushed back, you're fine. Just keep an eye on your rounds and toss ones that look wonky.
>>
>>31747160
I heard some story about a police officer who would do that and thus cycled the same two rounds hundreds of times, and when he went to fire them at some point they both didn't work and he had to do 2 remedial actions, the 3rd round fired.
>>
>>31747160

That picture is givin me a nice Xfiles vibe
>>
>>31747160
Not for too long. But after doing it a few times I would fire that bad boy off into a target. Just to cycle the ammunition out and replace it with a new one. Chambering a round a few times without firing it shouldn't hurt it if your gun is maintained properly. Just have to be careful.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.