[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

68W Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: size0.jpg (84KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
size0.jpg
84KB, 640x429px
Well /k/, I decided that I want to be an Army combat medic. I plan on waiting until I finish college before enlisting (I have about a year and a half left). Are there any ways I could prepare for this besides the physical conditioning and ASVAB practice tests? I don't want to fuck this up and end up somewhere I don't want to be.
>>
Practice giving surgeries to people.
>>
>>31746474
go to a recruiter....
>>
>>31746474
Youre fucking up by enlisting and not going through ocs.
Want to be a dr?
>get accepted into a med program
>apply to amed
>get accepted into amed
>get paid bank, free school
>"in the army" but only have to do 2 apft a year
>after graduation go through 6wk dcc course which is complete bullshit
>>
Join the reserves as a 68W now.... I'm a recruiter.
>>
>>31746518
Oh and your time in med school counts towards your contract...
>>
>>31746541
Problem is I'm not in med school.
>>
>>31746551
I see youre too fucking stupid to be one too.
>get accepted into a med program
First fucking thing i said
>>
No. Its not fucking hard.

Just get in shape good enough to pass BCT the rest is up to you.

I don't suggest you shell your own cash out to get EMT. You'll pass it if you're not fuckin retarded.

t. Guy that never studied in AIT but passed without recycling.

PS: Don't get hurt

>>31746530
Don't listen to this crusty ass E6. Reserves and Guard is for homos.
>>
Find some rocks and wash them.
Sweep some sidewalks.
Practice pretending to be busy.
Find some assholes and have them shit talk you and make you do menial labor while forcing yourself to show respect to them to their faces.
>>
>>31746585
I'm good at all of this.
>>
>>31746585
>Menial labor
>Show respect

THATS WHAT PRIVATES DO. THATS WHAT PRIVATES ARE FOR.
>>
I wouldn't recommend picking that MOS if you have a degree.

You only get an EMT certificate.

Unless you're super hooah, pick something that gives you something. Especially if you're going active duty.

Once you're done with training its just normal army. Your PT standard will depend on your unit and how they train.

ALSO good fucking luck getting promoted. There are literally too many of them.

Also significant chance of working in a hospital stateside. There you will probably work an outpatient clinic and give immunizations or do vitals and paperwork. Maybe you'll work in the ER (vitals and starting IV's). If you work a ward god help you.
>>
>>31746579
How hard was the asvab? I'm fucking brilliant at reading comprehension and word understanding but not terribly stellar at math (a weakness I'm working on).
>>
>>31746474
>I plan on waiting until I finish college before enlisting (I have about a year and a half left). Are there any ways I could prepare for this besides the physical conditioning and ASVAB practice tests? I don't want to fuck this up and end up somewhere I don't want to be.
Join ROTC. You only need 2 years left to join. With ROTC I imagine you can bolster your credit hours to where you're a full time student. You'd have to graduate a little bit later though. It'll pay better than being a 68W in the long run.
>>
>>31746658
>how hard is the asvab
Bro.. drop out of college and go get fucked by the greenie weenie. Youre asking how hard a test designed for high schoolers is... you dont deserve a college degree...
>>
>>31746658
You need a 110 GT Score.

Its not hard. I showed up after driving 2 hours hung over dehydrated and hungry as hell and scored 123 on the GT score.

Guy above your post is right. Don't join thinking you're getting something out of it. I joined after dropping out of college because I got sick and tired of learning gay bullshit all day and dealing with most of the population. I don't want to work, I don't give two shits right now for making lots of money. I joined to do something different and enjoy my career.

My line troopers call me Doc and fought to keep me in their company, take care of my shit without asking and I have a decent life.

In the civilian side right now I would've been kissing some unfunny normie fat fuck's ass and gotten fired a few times for speaking the way I do.

Guess the Army isn't for everyone but I'm liking it just fine. Probably will re-enlist in a few weeks.
>>
>>31746579
This, and the rest you'll just experience coming at you. Which is awesome.

>>31746474
One kinda thing with medics is how to be uplifted. It is a skill you learn. Ability.

Being uplifted means you can shrug off bad shit. Having a bad memory is another way to put it.

t. retired medic
>>
If you can afford it, take an EMT-B course.
Classes around here usually are $1300 plus book and whatever extra shit you need (immunizations, stethoscope, missing paperwork)
>>
>>31746934
Don't do this.

You'll get it for free in AIT. $1,300 and your time now or do it in AIT.
>>
>>31746474
are you in a pre med undergrad program?If yes, shoot for the doctor program, if not stick with your current plan. Work out and keep your mind sharp. Also, don't be one of those asshole college E4's because you will certainly catch an ass kicking from other lower enlisted who can't stand pompous ass hats who think they are superior because they have a degree.
>>
If I want to get a medical degree would the Reserves be a better option than active duty?
>>
I wanted to join the US Army as a 68W I was planning on going to MEPS on Tuesday and ship out next month... HOWEVER the US Government has now put a 6 month DEP on any foreign national joining the US Military.
>>
>>31747202
Why are you wanting a medic mos if you're not in med school?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.